• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkoming News: Cats vs Dogs is back on schedule!

Inkoming news: Cats vs Dogs is back on schedule! Here is the statement from the official Splatoon tumblr:

"The CATS vs. DOGS Splatfest is back on!

Sorry for the delay—we experienced some…tentacle difficulties with the Splatfest matchmaking. The first Splatfest will now begin on July 4th at 12:00 AM PT and will end on July 4th at 11:59 PM PT. That’s 24 hours of pure patriotic splattitude! Celebrate your inkdependence with nighttime Turf War battles and fireworks! "

Callie and Marie are excited to get back out on the stage and perform for North American players! Excited for the reschedule? Let us know in the comments below! So get ready squids and kids and be sure to stay fresh!

Comments

Holy **** there's a ton of negativity in this thread. Yes, they rescheduled it to a weekend in which many of us (myself included) will be busty. But I'd rather they did that than not fix the matchmaking issue. Get over yourselves. There will be more splatfests for you to participate in later.
Well I mean idk about other people but I would rather play the splatfest with server errors once in a while rather than probably not at all
Splatfests are gonna be placed far and few between, and summer is likely going to be the best time for me and many others.
Was July 5th or the weekend after THAT much more difficult to schedule something...

Yah I'll probably only be able to play like 2 matches before my family heads out. I think there is all the negativity because we don't know how long we have to wait until the next one, it could be months from now which would definitely suck :/

Holy **** there's a ton of negativity in this thread. Yes, they rescheduled it to a weekend in which many of us (myself included) will be busty. But I'd rather they did that than not fix the matchmaking issue. Get over yourselves. There will be more splatfests for you to participate in later.
I'd rather play Splatfest at a later date than on a national holiday. They could've done it this Saturday, or the saturday afterwards. It's a time to be with family and celebrate, no one is "getting over themselves."

It will be North America and Europe... America is but one country in those two continents (Doesn't Oceania and Euro sometimes get grouped together, too?) There will be more splat-fests, but you are asking to inconvenience a large population for a single country. Nintendo didn't expect or want the errors so this is a worst case scenario. I for one am jealous some of you have families or plans on the 4th- some of us are college students living paycheck to paycheck in strange cities who would kill to be back at home getting a day with family and friends. A silly in-game event shouldn't put a damper on lifelong memories. :p

I'm Canadian so this doesn't effect me, but I hope you Americans are still able to play. Celebrating the entirety of the day isn't mandatory. Surely you can find time to squeeze in a few hours to play during the Splatfest.

Well I'm happy with the new schedule, because I was on vacation in the date it was SUPPOSED to come, and I'm not busy at all 4th of july

edit: oh wait, is this only for north americans?
edit: nvm I saw Zoot's post

sometimes south canada thinks its the only and most important country in the world...

altho im not too happy they will do both NA and EU spatfest on the 4th now... was kinda excited for this weekend. its prob a choice to spread players on more servers...

I seldom complain, but this date is rather unfortunate for a lot of players in the USA who will be spending time with friends & family. Sad that I'll be missing the first Splatfest. Hopefully the next one isn't too long of a wait.

I'm not busy on the 4th, so I'll be able to play. I think it's a pretty unfortunate date though...many Americans aren't going to be able to play.
While I don't really care myself, what is up with Nintendo choosing awful dates? First Mario Maker being released on Sept. 11th, now this?

It's about time! Although...yeah. Nevertheless, I can't take any chances and I want those Super Sea Snails! Team Dogs FTW!

Last edited:
sometimes south canada thinks its the only and most important country in the world...
Well to be fair if it was the other way, Canada was affected and we weren't, we'd probably do the same thing as the Canadians.
I'm just going to stay up to 3 am playing, get 3 or so hours of sleep, and then go with the fam.

We obviously don't celebrate anything in June 4 here in Brazil. So I can play! Or I could, if I had th game... oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom