• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkoming News Update: North America Splatfest Delayed

It is with great sadness we come to all of the Squidboards Inklings with this news. It has been announced that the first Splatfest in North America has been delayed. Confirmed by both the Splatoon Tumblr and Nintendo Of America's Twitter, it seems this is due to an issue that took place during the first Splatfest in Japan (Rice vs Bread). Here is the official statement:

"Unfortunately, a matchmaking issue was discovered in the first Japanese Splatfest that resulted in long wait times and players unable to join matches. We have been working on a solution but will need a little more time to resolve the issue. In order to ensure that fans have the best possible experience and can enjoy the fun they’ve come to expect from Splatoon, we have decided to postpone the first North American Splatfest. We’ll have details on a new date soon!"

It seems that Splatfests are just too fresh for the game to currently handle. Be sure to stay tuned to Squidboards for news and updates on the situation.

Comments

I wonder if it will effect the EU Splatfest next week. I want to see the HUB during the lead up to Splatfest - I assume it looks like they are getting ready for it?
I don't see a way they can fix a user based decision. If lots of people choose one thing over the over - of course there will be issues.

Unless...
They break out the ... *gasp* AI Bots.
Just to fill in the spaces. It's unlikely though.

are they pushing it all back now? like next weekend delayed NA splatfest instead of EU splatfest..i need my rock shirt!

It is with great sadness we come to all of the Squidboards Inklings with this news. It has been announced that the first Splatfest in North America has been delayed. Confirmed by both the Splatoon Tumblr and Nintendo Of America's Twitter, it seems this is due to an issue that took place during the first Splatfest in Japan (Rice vs Bread). Here is the official statement:

"Unfortunately, a matchmaking issue was discovered in the first Japanese Splatfest that resulted in long wait times and players unable to join matches. We have been working on a solution but will need a little more time to resolve the issue. In order to ensure that fans have the best possible experience and can enjoy the fun they’ve come to expect from Splatoon, we have decided to postpone the first North American Splatfest. We’ll have details on a new date soon!"

It seems that Splatfests are just too fresh for the game to currently handle. Be sure to stay tuned to Squidboards for news and updates on the situation.
I smell a regional matchmaking mode. I really believe that Nintendo is doing the splat fest to test their regional servers, North America, Europe and Japan. They want to iron out the bugs before rolling out region play as part of DLC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom