• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkslingers ~ The Splatoon 2 Clan for Adults! [Recruiting]

EddieO

Inkling
NNID
eore166
Hey hows it going. This clan seems interesting. Im 32 yrs old. I like to play casually with people. I would like to join ur guys server. If its ok, i would appreciate if u send me an invite to ur discord server so i can play with u guys.

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
Can you believe we are mere days (heck, hours, really) away from the launch of the Nintendo Switch?

I don't know about you, but I already have my Switch ID registered (McMurphy78), games pre-ordered, & will be picking up my reserved Switch console at a midnight launch event. If you are like me and even some of that above applies to you, you are already like my fellow Inkslingers. A large, large majority of our Nintendo faction will be playing the Switch at launch and have reserves for Splatoon 2. You better believe we will be battling it out on THAT game's launch as well.

Whether you prefer to label yourself as an older gamer, a parent, or an adult, you are invited to join the Inkslingers: the longest running active clan exclusively for Nintendo fans long in the tooth!

Here are some of our Switch related features to consider should you be tempted to join:
  • We still have members playing Splatoon every week, and will seamlessly transfer over to the sequel when it is released.
  • We have a GS Game Library feature to help you let others know what Switch games you own and are playing.
  • Our GS Game Library feature will also allow you to show off your Amiibo collection (coming soon!).
  • Join a Nintendo clan that has been gaming online together since the Wii's launch!
Either way, we will see you on the Switch.

The Splatoon 2 Clan for Adults.
The Nintendo Switch Clan for Adults.

Inkslingers - Blazing Trails for Parents and Hard Working Adult Gamers Since 2007.
http://www.shellslingers.com

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
Welcome to the weekly Shellslingers MK8D Bar League & Inkslingers Splatoon 2 Frosty Pints!

The overall structure is simple: We switch up the MK8D settings each week, announce a Mii theme, and, on specified occasions, even include a raffle from time to time. This first post will reflect the current week's event as well as the latest replies by a Shellslinger Leader. Past results will be showcased towards the bottom of this post as well. Immediately after MK8D, we shuffle over to squid capital and play some rounds of Splatoon 2! Any specified tournaments or settings for Splatoon 2 Frosty Pints will also be details below.

Our TWELFTH weekly Shellslingers tournament is all about the love of speed. Masquerade your Mii as a cast member of Fast and Furious and try to keep up in our no items, no coins 200cc racing! Here are some recommendations: http://www.miicharacters.com/?_form=searchform&terms=FAst+and+furious

THE NECESSARY CODE TO ENTER IS LOCATED NEAR THE TOP OF THE MK8D MASTER LIST. After entering it, join onto a friend so we are all in the same room. Stop by our MK8 discord channel for communication.

CURRENT SETTINGS
  • Mode: 200c Racing; No Items;
  • Time: Friday, July 28th, 2017 @ 5:00pm to 6:00pm Pacific Time.
  • Mii Theme: Cast member of Fast and Furious
*More Frosty Pints action in Splatoon 2 afterwards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

After MK8D races, join us as we sling the ink in Splatoon 2! Here are the notes for this week's Frosty Pints:

• Public Match Raids.
  • Meet in our Splatoon 2 Discord Channel.
The Splatoon 2 Clan for Parents.
The Splatoon 2 Clan for Older Gamers.

Gunslingers | Shellslingers | Inkslingers

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
Friday was a lot of fun! Here are our clan's live stream footage from Frosty Pints:

And here is Silus's Mixer live feed of the event:
https://mixer.com/Silus_Wyvern?vod=5559665

Inkslingers - Blazing Trails for Parents & Hard Working Older Gamers Since 2007.
The Splatoon 2 Clan for Mature, Casual Gamers.

Nick.hilton

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-2201-2043-4652
Friday was a lot of fun! Here are our clan's live stream footage from Frosty Pints:

And here is Silus's Mixer live feed of the event:
https://mixer.com/Silus_Wyvern?vod=5559665

Inkslingers - Blazing Trails for Parents & Hard Working Older Gamers Since 2007.
The Splatoon 2 Clan for Mature, Casual Gamers.

I want to join. I have been looking for a clan to play with. I'm 39 but I love games. And I buy a lot.

Friend Code - SW-2201-2043-4652

I'll add whoever.

Kris10z

Inkling
Oh Can we count me in I am a full time mom and work full time and I may only have time at night or a few hours on the weekend to play..

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
Welcome to the weekly Shellslingers MK8D Bar League & Inkslingers Splatoon 2 Frosty Pints!

The overall structure is simple: We switch up the MK8D settings each week, announce a Mii theme, and, on specified occasions, even include a raffle from time to time. This first post will reflect the current week's event as well as the latest replies by a Shellslinger Leader. Past results will be showcased towards the bottom of this post as well. Immediately after MK8D, we shuffle over to squid capital and play some rounds of Splatoon 2! Any specified tournaments or settings for Splatoon 2 Frosty Pints will also be details below.

Our FIFTEENTH weekly Shellslingers tournament aptly returns this Halloween month on FRIDAY THE 13TH! Jason, er, the Bar League lives! Join us in the return of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Bar League in some macabre mayhem with our Miis masked as Jason in our Friday the 13th, Part VI races! Here are some recommendations on how to make Jason: http://www.miicharacters.com/?_form=searchform&terms=Jason

THE NECESSARY CODE TO ENTER IS LOCATED NEAR THE TOP OF THE MK8D MASTER LIST. After entering it, join onto a friend so we are all in the same room. Stop by our MK8 discord channel for communication.

CURRENT SETTINGS
  • Mode: 150cc; Frantic Items;
  • Time: Friday, October 13th, 2017 @ 5:00pm to 6:00pm Pacific Time.
  • Mii Theme: Friday the 13th, Part VI
*More Frosty Pints action in Splatoon 2 afterwards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

After MK8D races, join us as we sling the ink in Splatoon 2! Here are the notes for this week's Frosty Pints:

• Public Match Raids.
  • Meet in our Splatoon 2 Discord Channel.
  • Remember, Splatfest is THIS Saturday. See you there as well!

:squid:

xJohnnys

Inkling
NNID
xJohnny
I had been interested in joining before, messaged TS and never received a reply either. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, GUNSLINGERS!!!

June 2018 marks the 11th year we have gamed as a group. While the specifics of our gaming group have evolved throughout the decade plus run, our bedrock of placing the social aspect of gaming over the competitive arena has remained steadfast in our ambitions. And that deserves some celebration.

Thank you to all of you who continue to welcome new & returning members, whether its done via a friend add, kind words in the Introduction section, or simply getting to know folks better in our Discord chat. As I have always said, people can go anywhere and use any third party service to simply find other gamers to fill their roster, but the Gunslingers offers an unique haven for older gamers BECAUSE you are willing to believe in the merit of inclusion over rank exclusion. I would also like to give an extra special shout out for all of you who continue to take the extra step of participation by returning and adding content to our forums. While it may feel like the Gunslingers activity in-game may never dry up because so many fellow parents and gaming adults have already swapped contacts, it certainly will if we pretend a central hub doesn't matter. Thank you as well, particularly active members, for weathering through a year of a rather light-in-appearance by me. Sometimes life makes you pause and contend with family and health issues, so I appreciate your dedication, members and leaders alike.

In fact, we are happy to announce THREE raffles during the month of June that are worth your attention!

Frosty Pints Raffle!
CLICK HERE to enter the raffle to win a free Gunslingers Pint Mug!

Free Full Priced Game!
CLICK HERE to enter the raffle to win a free physical copy of a game of your choosing!

Shellslingers Raffle!
CLICK HERE to enter the raffle to win a free copy of the Mario Kart Monopoly board game.!
These raffles are for long standing members and brand new members alike.

Happy Anniversary! :D

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
Welcome to the NES Bar League!

[This tournament is a product of the Inkslingers clan for its clan members. That said, readers are more than welcome to join us by viewing the first post of this topic.]

Do you remember the days when, after blowing on your cartridges, you wished that you could play your favorite NES games remotely with that friend who just wasn't allowed to come over? Well, fast forward over twenty years, and now we can with the Nintendo Switch! Join your fellow long-in-the-tooth gamers every Friday in our Frosty Pints weekly event, the NES Bar League!

WEEK 1

Game: Baseball
Date: 9/21/2018
Time: 4pm Pacific (6pm Central / 7pm Eastern)

HOW IT WORKS
  • Every week, we select a NES title (never the same one twice in a row) & announce details in this thread.
  • Reply to this topic prior to the posted start time stating that you are playing.
  • An online bracket will be filled by randomly pairing up gamers.
  • Jump our NES Voice Chat on our Discord account and laugh up the good times.
  • Gamers move through the bracket until we have a winner.
  • The winner has 48 hours to post his/her game selection for next week.

RESULTS
[This section will be populated after Week One.]

*While keep your eyes peeled for random give-aways associated with this event, please note the event is intended to encourage older gamers to get together and relive some retro childhoods, not to encourage overt competition with earned prizes. Any give-aways will be raffle based.

REPLY TO THE TOPIC TO JOIN!

Jon Jon

Inkling
Hello!

I am interested in joining as a more social and less competitive aspect to grouping up is more appealing to me.

As someone who works around the clock and has a lot of social commitments, the lax feel definitely seems nice!

inkedmom

Inkling
NNID
pizzalovers
Hey :) do y'all still play splatoon 1? I still love playing it. Is there anyone that would like to play? (It's my break away from the kids lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom