• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkslingers ~ The Splatoon 2 Clan for Adults! [Recruiting]

Shuffl3z

Inkling
NNID
Dshuffl3z
I'm down to join *thumbs up* 22 here. Hovering around A- and A. It'd be nice to join up in a clan that doesn't stress time so much. Gots bills and stuffs to pay lol..

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
Wow, been a while since I posted anything on here. Having a new baby will do that, I suppose :p Welcome to all the new members who have joined since I last posted. I haven't gotten to play this game as much as I would like in the last few months, but rest assured, GS is still as active as ever, with tons of gamers joining us every day. Come check us out today at gunslingergaming.com You'll be glad you did!

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy

It's October...otherwise known as Halloween Month among the Gunslingers!

It also means that the kids are back in school, and you fellow parents may just have some time pocketed away for some gaming again. Good timing. The Fall brings new releases, updates, DLC, and other exciting news from developers. You are invited to join one of the fastest growing and largest gaming groups exclusively for older gamers during the busiest gaming season of the year! We have been committed to this approach since 2007, so you can focus on just getting in on the after hours fun with gamers just like you.

During the "Halloween Month," the Inkslingers clan is also showing our Super Mario Maker love a Halloween themed event & raffle! Members are making Halloween inspired Super Mario Maker stages, which are then showcased, promoted, and compiled into a macabre playlist as if it was single game. ON TOP OF THAT, all members who provide a Halloween stage for this event is automatically entered into a raffle for a chance to win a $20 Nintendo Eshop gift card!

Although (like the month of October), we are only a couple days in, here are the Halloween stage codes we already offer:
8B75-0000-0083-7818 (House of Pipes) by GS*SophieBean
C845-0000-0082-5DB3 (Tricks or Treats) by GS*MerkyWater
56DC-0000-0089-49DD (Dunk's House of Horrors) by GS*Dunkaroo69
Be sure to play & star! We will share more as they come in and as more people put themselves into the raffle!

Also, I just NEED to draw attention to GS*MikeyFromSantee's excellent work in creating Splatoon themed stages in Mario Maker. If you want to squid your way through some awesome stages, try the following ones:
C31A-0000-001B-9590
(You're a Kid Now!)
A918-0000-003F-9874 (You're a Squid Now!)
539F-0000-0044-B181 (Arowana Mall)
DDF2-0000-0060-12D0 (Walleye Warehouse)
Fellow Splatoon gamers won't be disappointed!

The Splatoon Clan for Adults.
The Splatoon Clan for Parents.
The Splatoon Clan for Older Gamers.
The Splatoon Clan for Mature, Casual Gamers.

Inkslingers - Blazing Trails for Older Nintendo Fans.

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
With the holiday season fast approaching, and with a ton of new games coming out, now is the perfect time to join GS. With over 10,000 members from all corners of the globe, you're sure to find a great crew to run with. Check us out today and get signed up befor the new gaming season starts!

Jayhwkjd

Inkling
NNID
Jayhwkjd
Anyone feel free to add me, NNID: Jayhwkjd. A rank, CST. Love to maybe make some squads and play!

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
The Gunslingers clan attracts fellow adults of all sorts of backgrounds, talents, & creativity. Take GS*Bessiq for example. He has been kind enough to add four rock songs he performed with his band to the Gunslinger Jukebox, which is comprised entirely by music written by GS* members. Click on the Jukebox icon on any of our clan's chat pages to share in the musical efforts!

While we enjoy a diverse set of gamers among our ranks, we all have one thing in common. We are all adults. That means we all understand the juggling act of work, raising children, & sneaking in a little time on the side to game with friends.

In fact, we celebrate a whopping forty-three birthdays this week. The average age? 35.

So, join the gaming group that ACTUALLY caters to the wants of older gamers!

Inkslingers.

Jinx129

Senior Squid
NNID
Jinx129
Well, I have tried joining your group but I never received the activation email. I requested it again today and it never came. Guess there is no way for me to join. Too bad. Sure would have been nice to game with others closer to my age.

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
Jinx129, if you are still interested, send me a PM on here and I'll have a look and see what the problem is. We'll get you in ;)

If you're reading this, I'm sure you know all about having other commitments and a life outside of gaming. I didn't have as much of a chance to play any games this weekend due to real life duties like a new born baby and keeping the household running smoothly. This is why Gunslinger Gaming is such an awesome place for hard working parents and adults. No online requirements, no set schedules of when you "have" to play online; just a relaxed group of guys and gals who know all about the pressures of real life. If you're looking for a great group to game with, come check us out today! http://www.gunslingergaming.com

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
The weekend is fast approaching, and here at GS, that means one thing: FROSTY PINTS! Our weekly Friday night raids fuelled by drinks, humour and good gaming buddies. If you're looking for a great group of guys and gals to game with, then check us out today at www.gunslingergaming.com

Zefurr

Inkling
NNID
zephyr10101
19, college dude, lots of free time and sick of online players who cannot support a team. my back is nonexistent

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
I hope everyone had a great holiday season & enjoyed some New Year celebrations during the last few weeks. More importantly, let's hope the good cheer included new additions to your game library! After all the gifts have been unwrapped & all the gift cards have been plundered, the fine folks of the Gunslingers gaming group have a popular annual tradition...

THE GUNSLINGER GAME AWARDS!!!

NOMINATE YOUR FAVORITE GAMES OF 2015!!!

That's right. It is time once again for the ever popular annual tradition among the Gunslingers clan to nominate and then vote on the titles we enjoyed most during 2015. The event unrolls in three phases:

Nominate Games - Now 'til Jan. 10th - In several categories, nominate any and all games you believe should appear on the voting ballot! A full list of categories are as follows:
2015 Game of the Year
Most Anticipated Game of 2016
Favorite GS Clan Front of 2015
Best Game Patch of 2015
Best DLC/Add-On Content of 2015
Best Horror/Survival Game of 2015
Best Racing Game of 2015
Best Platformer of 2015
Best Sports Game of 2015
Best Fighting Game of 2015
Best Shooter of 2015
Best MMO Game of 2015
Best Role-Playing Game of 2015
Best Action/Adventure Game of 2015
Best PC Game of 2015
Best Nintendo Game of 2015
Best Sony Game of 2015
Best Microsoft Game of 2015
Vote on Games - Jan 11th 'til Jan '30th - The polling booths will open and everyone votes!

Results are Published - 1st Week of February - A detailed Gunslinger article (and possibly a special GS podcast episode) is published that breaks down the winners and losers of each gaming category. To get a better idea of what we put together, here is last year's results: http://gunslingergaming.com/wordpress/?p=842

Unlike most game awards out there, the Gunslinger picks are uniquely nominated & voted on exclusively by fellow parent & adult gamers. If you are looking for a gaming group that fully appreciates your need to play around a work & child care schedule, the Gunslingers clan is your new oasis. Join us in the fun!

The Mario Kart 8 Clan for Adults.
The Super Mario Maker Clan for Adults.
The Xenoblade Chronicles X Clan for Adults.
The FAST Racing Neo Clan for Adults.
The Devil's Third Clan for Adults.
The Super Smash Bros Clan for Adults.
The Nintendo Clan for Adults.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parents & Hard Working Adults in 2016.

tanDaMan

Inkling
NNID
downeaznboi
Are you guys still recruiting? I'm new to the boards so I'm not sure how you all coordinate. If I'm playing splatoon its usually around 7-10pm weekdays and sporadically weekends?

Any SF Bay Area players?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
is this group still active?

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
Happy Memorial Day Weekend, everyone!

An extended holiday weekend, means more time with the family, friends, and, yes, your gaming buddies. The members of the Gunslingers are no exception! As we meet up in game and have some drinks, we are keeping the GS* experience for our members even more robust and complimentary to their in-game experiences. Here are a few examples from just this week alone:

All members share their game libraries! In effort to make it easier for the Gunslingers to see who is the most like themselves in their gaming habits, the Gunslingers homebase now features the ability for them to create an image-based virtual library of games they own. More importantly, you can, by a simple press of a button, signify that this game is the title you are currently playing! This fact will shared on your profile, on our Games page, and on every single post you make in our clan forum.

Our Notification System. Did you wish that you could know when a friend was getting in game even before you boot up your platform? You can with our clan's new notification system. We have a special section where, when a person posts that they are about to go online, everyone (who have opted into the feature) will be notified. Game on!

Retro Sweet Tooth. As a group exclusively for us gamers long in the tooth, we all also have a sweet tooth for retro games. That is why, in addition to making it easier to see who is playing similar to ourselves, we are also building a retro library of our yesteryear purchases. While not even 24 hours into the project, we have all NES titles # - C added. It is great fodder for chat about the games we played while growing up...as we play today's popular game. ;)

Here is some video reference:

If you are fellow older gamer looking for a group that approaches gaming akin to hanging out with some drinking buddies after work or on the weekends rather than a second job, come join the Gunslingers!

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers Since 2007.

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy

Yep. The image above was our very first clan banner. It was made nine years ago. It was made to promote us as a clan of no more than a dozen gamers for Jak X, a combat racing game made by Naughty Dog as a spin off of their Jak & Daxter franchise. Sure, there may be other groups out there mashing buttons as long as us, but they largely originate from PC communities. We started as a Playstation 2 clan. Evolving a gaming group from that starting point has been quite the journey.

Since 2007, over 12,000 gamers have signed up with us. Over 1,600 of said members did so since June 2015. Such activity has enabled us to showcase multiple clan fronts simultaneously and roll out features like our own mobile app and game activity library. Thank you, all members reading this message, for making Gunslingers such a success. If it wasn't for your continued activity and kindness towards our newest members wishing to join the fold, GS* wouldn't still be around. Thank you.

GUNSLINGERS ANNIVERSARY RAFFLE
A tradition we have around these parts is an Anniversary Raffle. Every year, we raffle off a Gunslingers Frosty Pint Mug:

(Available as a coffee mug should you prefer)

Additionally, we are raffling off a $20 gift card for either Microsoft Points, Steam, the Playstation Store, the Nintendo eShop, Gamestop, or Amazon. The winner picks his/her preferred venue. Two names will be pulled out of ol' plastic viking helmet (long story...well, no, not really) at the end of the month. Good luck!

Also look out for members giving away prizes this month. Should you be a member wishing to give something away to your fellow Gunslingers, please private message me, and I will properly spread the word.

I promised myself that I wouldn't do too much public naval gazing about our lore, so I will wrap this post up. Suffice to say, it makes me immensely proud to see a community come together and prove that a gaming clan doesn't need to be all about ranks, try outs, resumes, or overt competitiveness to be successful. Should you see a GS Leader, past or present, please be sure to thank them for the time they donate in keeping the locomotive chugging down the tracks. They do amazing work, and the fact you may not see that first hand is sort of the point.

Nine years.
And we are still being dealt-in at the table.
Still with a few aces up our sleeves.

Squidjeans

Inkling
NNID
brandy1985
Hi , I am looking to join, I use all weapons, but custom hydra splat is my main.

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy

Happy Halloween Weekend, everyone!

Whether you are starting the work week taking the kids out trick-or-treating or handing out the candy from home, let's hope some gaming can be squeezed in between doorbell rings. The holiday is another example of how us parents have tweak our gaming time, which is why it is important we surround ourselves with gamers our own age and time management needs. We, the Gunslingers, completely understand and are overtly dedicated providing a home for older gamers!

So, after you have done your Halloween duties, come join us for a few pints and a few laughs while we indulge in some gaming fun. Reese's Peanut Butter cups are optional. ;)

Inkslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent & Hard Working Adult Gamers Since 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom