• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Inkslingers ~ The Splatoon 2 Clan for Adults! [Recruiting]

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy

Inkslingers

INTRODUCTION​

Are you interested in socializing with Splatoon gamers your age but haven't been able to "weed out" all the adolescent players? Have you been unable to join traditional, time-consuming clans because, being responsible adult, you have had to juggle your free time with going to college, taking care of children, or being employed in a full time job? In short, are you interested in an online experience akin to "shooting the bull" with a group of drinking buddies? If so, then the Splatoon Inkslingers is the right place for you!

MEMBERSHIP
The Inkslingers clan has explored various titles on the Wii and Wii U throughout the years, but we are utterly pumped to start a new chapter with the Splatoon franchise!

If you would like to join the club, you need only to fulfill the following:
  1. Be at least 18 years of age or older.
That's it! We don't ask for resumes, try-outs, probation periods, match stats, or any other sort of silliness. You just want to have fun, right? So do we! If you would like to learn more about membership with the Inkslingers, feel free to reply to this topic or private message McMurphy.

Confirmed Active Roster (Update last on 6/5/15 at 4:30pm)
[*Omits clan members who have not yet actively added themselves to our Splatoon roster yet may still be playing the game.]
  • Rotorooter
  • Anenao16
  • Merky Water
  • Torro947
  • Silv3rscorpion
  • Dunkaroo69
  • Crinklepouch
  • Cryptec
  • McMurphy
  • Sosyc
  • Martiia
  • Turnip
  • FriekNL
  • Funen1
  • Njok
  • JTBook
  • MikeyFromSantee
  • Epicpants
  • Umiwaver
  • Lawngnomer 6
  • ShaX
  • Grizzly3254
  • Olimar777
  • Powerdog15

GUIDELINES​

We like to ascribe the Inkslinger experience akin to having drinks with some buds after work or partying with them on the weekends. Nothing stops the music faster than a few knuckleheads, so we do have a few guidelines we expect people to follow during their stay:

• No personal attacks on other members or various sorts of offensive behavior is allowed.
  • No glitching/hacking/cheating. We define such as purposefully accessing the game's programming or abusing a flaw in the programming to achieve an act or status that is not intended or possible otherwise.

CLAN FEATURES​

The Inkslingers experience is as simple and non intrusive as joining up with other adults your own age and playing some Splatoon at your convenience. For those of you who like to take part in activities, events, and communications beyond that simple formula, we offer several popular, optional features as well:

Clan Message Board ~A forum format to clan communications~

Text Chat ~we use our multiple chats to find out when members are playing, exchange contact information, or for some friendly chit-chat~

Frosty Pints ~our infamous weekend get-togethers fueled by booze~

Voice Chat ~We have our very own Ventrillo channel just for Splatoon~

Clan Podcast ~Our long running podcast comprised solely of clanmates~

Live Feeds ~Members broadcast their gaming feeds with fellow clanmates~

Tournaments/Events ~ We host fun, unique events such as the GS* Bar League~

Frequent Raffles ~ We show our appreciation to our members with raffle prizes~
...and much, much more!

Thank you for taking the time to view our clan's topic! I wish you the best in your Splatoon endeavors! :)

The Splatoon Clan for Adults.
The Splatoon Clan for Parents.
The Splatoon Clan for Older Gamers.
The Splatoon Clan for Mature, Casual Gamers.

Last edited:

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
The Inkslingers are actively excited for this game to release. I don't know about the rest of you, but every shooter I've played since playing the Test Fire just ain't cutting it. One more day and it's all mine!!!!! lol. If you're looking for a great group of guys and gals your own age to game with, come check us out today and prepare to sling some ink with all of us :)

obscurica

Full Squid
NNID
obscurica
Hey, sounds good to me. I have more free time than most as a near-30s freelancer, but the groups I've checked out so far are a bit thick in high schoolers or even younger.

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
Nice to see your team around for Splatoon, Murphy. Hopefully you guys have fun with Splatoon.

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
Thank you for the awesome responses. "The more, the merrier!" is our motto with the Inkslingers, so you are welcome to join should you be interested.

Since this is the eve of Splatoon's release and we quite stoked to get the good times rolling (and the ink slinging), the following clan features are officially live as of right now:

-----------------------------------------------------​

Inkslingers banner making. My fellow Inkslinger leader, GS*Dunkaroo, has opted to make custom banners for any requesting Inkslinger on our roster. To showcase the creativity further, the banners are added into the animated rotation of our clan's banner (see first post of this topic)!

Inkslingers roster has been unlocked! Since folks can technically start playing Splatoon starting at midnight tonight, our clan roster for the game has been unlocked. Specifically request in a reply to this topic or private message me to be added to the Inkslingers clan roster!

Inkslingers voice chat! A voice chat channel specifically for Splatoon has been added to our Ventrilo server. It is great to share some laughs during matches!

Splatoon-themed Tournament this Friday! We have a lot of Mario Kart 8 fans among us (they are referred to as Shellslingers), and we are hosting a special one-hour GS* Bar League with "squds" as its theme. It is an ideal good time should you be one of our members who have to wait beyond launch date to acquire your copy of Splatoon.

Splatoon Launch Party! Okay, so some of us will be playing at midnight tonight, and certainly throughout all hours of the day tomorrow, but we have set aside a few hours starting at 8pm Pacific for a meet-and-greet Splatoon launch party. It is great for all you Splatoon players who need to wait to the end of the day sink your fangs into Splatoon properly. Or it is a great time to show off what you have learned about the game throughout the day. Whatever the motivation, you are welcome to participate!

Live Streams! Expect to see some of our members live stream their initial matches tomorrow, and we certainly will be doing so in the evening hours.

-----------------------------------------------------​

See all of you in game and on the Squid Boards!

Inkslingers.

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
Release Day!!!! It's finally here, in all its colorful glory. Can't wait to start slinging ink with my fellow Inkslingers. Check us out today to find out how you can be a part of this incredible community!!! www.gunslingergaming.com

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
Great games tonight, everyone!

The Inkslingers clan is already out in full force. Here is a highlight video of a public room that is completely full of nothing by Inkslinger members!

Talk about hitting the ground running...and slinging the ink. ;)

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
I wish I could've joined you guys tonight. Internet was acting up, so I couldn't access anything on my computer. >.< Hopefully this doesn't happen again though. I'm interested in joining you guys. Is there anything special I need to know about when it comes to accessing the Ventrilo server?

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
I wish I could've joined you guys tonight. Internet was acting up, so I couldn't access anything on my computer. >.< Hopefully this doesn't happen again though. I'm interested in joining you guys. Is there anything special I need to know about when it comes to accessing the Ventrilo server?
Thanks for the interest, and we were certainly using our Vent server all evening for Splatoon! I pmed you the clan sign up info. Let me know if you in need of anything.

Also, a huge 'Welcome aboard!' to everyone who has added themselves to our clan roster! I will get an active list of Splatoon Inkslingers posted in the first post of the topic once I am back on my laptop (typing from the Wii U).

Keep slinging that ink!

Inkslingers.
The Splatoon clan for adults.
The Splatoon clan for parents.
The Splatoon clan for older gamers.
The Splatoon clan for mature, casual gamers.

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
Amazing game last night! So much fun filling a full room with GS v GS. For all those that are interested in joining us, feel free to head over to our website and check us out. You'll be glad you did :D

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
The first post of our clan thread has been updated to include our "Active Roster," which has also been copied below. It is of our member's clan names, not their NNIDs, which are made available only to fellow Inkslingers.

Confirmed Active Roster (Update last on 5/30/15 at 1pm)
[*Omits clan members who have not yet actively added themselves to our Splatoon roster yet may still be playing the game.]
  • Rotorooter
  • Anenao16
  • Merky Water
  • Torro947
  • Silv3rscorpion
  • Dunkaroo69
  • Crinklepouch
  • Cryptec
  • McMurphy
  • Sosyc
  • Martiia
  • Turnip
  • FriekNL
  • Funen1

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
Release weekend was awesome! I'm simply blown away by this game. So much fun, and even more fun with other folks to play with. If you're looking for some awesome people to chat with or play with, come check us out today: gunslingergaming.com

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
Great games last night everyone. Lovin the new map, the new Zapper, and the Ranked Battle (shame we can't join each other there). Great to see so many slingers in one room. If you're 18 or older, lookin for a great group of guys and gals to game with, come check us out today: gunslingergaming.com

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
The Inkslingers front just keeps growing! Since I last posted the active members list, the following people have started slinging the ink with the rest of our clan:

• Njok
  • JTBook
  • MikeyFromSantee
  • Epicpants
Welcome aboard and thank you for joining! Nintendo is already rolling out more of the promised features, so if you had a childhood of NES, SNES, or N64 memories, join the rest of us older gamers!

Inkslingers - The Splatoon clan who actually HAD the NES Zapper. ;)

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
Great games tonight with all my fellow Inkslingers. Good to see so many folks turning out for Splatoon. It's such an awesome game, and even more awesome with friends. Come check us out today and get slinging with all of us: gunslingergaming.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom