• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Inkslingers ~ The Splatoon 2 Clan for Adults! [Recruiting]

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
In case you are wondering how you could possibly know for sure if we are the type of gamers with whom you would like to plunder, we have a “highly scientific” method for that. Take a look at the following image:

If you know the answer, then you’ll fit right in.

The Splatoon Clan for Adults.
The Splatoon Clan for Parents.
The Splatoon Clan for Older Gamers.
The Splatoon Clan for Mature, Casual Gamers.

Inkslingers – Blazing Trails for Gamers Who Were Born in an Analog World.

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
Congratulations to Cherkov for winning the Inkslingers Squid Jump Tournament! His score of 25,828 held despite numerous attempts to beat it! His forum rank has been updated! :D

Reference:

dblAron221

Inkling
NNID
dblAron221
Definitely would like to join. Lookin for a solid group and these seems like the one!

Bobo

Full Squid
NNID
acciojackie
Hey I'd love to join too! Let me know what I gotta do to get in :)

Puffinn

Inkling
NNID
Castielle
I'd love to join. After looking at a bunch of squads I think this might be the one for me!

AZOR AHAI

Senior Squid
NNID
ogetsu
I just found this board and group 5 minutes ago. Now that an update will allow for team matches, I'd love to join! 38 years old, I hover around A to A+ in ranked, and I'm longing for a team to build a strategy and communicate with during matches. This sounds ideal! I'm not at all interested in taking hell from kids, as I don't understand that "elite gamer" culture. Hopefully this group is still active!

Last edited:

Njok

Bouncer
Definitely would like to join. Lookin for a solid group and these seems like the one!
Hey I'd love to join too! Let me know what I gotta do to get in :)
I'd love to join. After looking at a bunch of squads I think this might be the one for me!
I just found this board and group 5 minutes ago. Now that an update will allow for team matches, I'd love to join! 38 years old, I hover around A to A+ in ranked, and I'm longing for a team to build a strategy and communicate with during matches. This sounds ideal! I'm not at all interested in taking hell from kids, as I don't understand that "elite gamer" culture. Hopefully this group is still active!
Hey guys! We'd love for all of you (heck, anyone) to join us! Check out:

http://www.gunslingergaming.com/html/howtojoin.html

And hopefully see you there soon

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Hey there. I'm Smashling79 but my in game name is Rob. I'm from Canada. I'm a 23 year old Early Childhood Educator. I'd love to join your clan if possible. Do you guys use Skype for voice chatting?

dunkaroo69

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dunkaroo69
As my good friend Njok pointed out, we would love it for all of you to join. Just follow this link to find out how you can be Splatting with all of us at GS in no time: http://www.gunslingergaming.com/html/howtojoin.html

We use Ventrilo for voice coms. It's free to download on PC and Mac and works incredibly well without being a resource hog on your computer or internet. And now with the addition of squads, voice chat will be more useful than ever. Plus, it's always nice to just hang out and chat with other slingers and have a few laughs while splatting.

So thank you everyone for the positive feedback and we look forward to seeing your all in Splatoon in the coming weeks!

In case you are wondering how you could possibly know for sure if we are the type of gamers with whom you would like to plunder, we have a “highly scientific” method for that. Take a look at the following image:

If you know the answer, then you’ll fit right in.

The Splatoon Clan for Mature, Casual Gamers.

Inkslingers – Blazing Trails for Gamers Who Were Born in an Analog World.
Im almost 24 but i dont know what the connection is, does this mean i cant join? XD

seriously tho i work late nights so i tend to get on at like 1-3 and midnight-2 pst is this going to be alright? it seems like you guys are pretty lax on times but i wanted to make sure

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
After laying down my sleeping little one to type this, it strikes me anew how important it is to be a parent and having a gaming group that truly respects my limited gaming time. There are no guilt trips. There are no in group demotions. Instead, my announcement on mic that I need to log out of game to put on my best parent's hat is always met with an empathic "No worries." That is because our gaming group is compromised of folks who are in the same proverbial boat. In fact, three of our clan leaders have had babies in the last three months. Cigars, er, e-cigarettes all 'round!

The Nintendo gaming group exclusively for adults have been busy! Here are the events that just took place this week:

Splatoon Bar League, Week #1: Thanks to the newest Splatoon update that added private matches, we can now host weekly Bar League matches. It was a blast, and I can't wait for Week #2 this coming Friday! Take a gander at Week #1's results:

Smash Bros Bar League, Week #11: The new tournament mode in Smash Bros is fantastic, and it has sure made hosting our infamous Bar League tradition much easier! Congratulations to GS*Vincent for winning the title of Keeper of Das Boot this week! We had quite the turn out, so we are eager to keep the tradition going!

Mario Kart 8 Bar League, Week #62! Yep, you read that right. We have kept our MK8 tournament tradition alive for 62 straight weeks. Incredible! GS*ShaX defended his title with another win this past week? Can he keep his streak going? Come join our hilarious antics, complete with voice chat, during these coming weeks and see if you can take the title for yourself!

Shellslingers 7 Year Time Trial Anniversary Event! We are wrapping up our collective nod towards being a Nintendo gaming group for seven years with one final Time Trial in Mario Kart 8. You better hurry, though. People only have until midnight tonight to attempt to beat Vincent's best time in Flower Cup's Mario Circuit track!

The Splatoon Clan for Mature, Casual Gamers

Inkslingers - Blazing trails for hard working adult and parent gamers.

HumanBean

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HappyHumanBean
Hey Everyone,

29 y/o father- to-be here, I picked up this game on release day to bond over with my 4 y/o step-son. Instantly noticed I have a good talent with this game, been gaming since I was a wee-one, and have been in competitive squads before. Been looking around for a group of adults who have full time jobs/family life that take priority but like to whined down at night with a game or four of Splatoon!

I log on typically around 10:30pm Cental time zone. Current rank is 22 (thanks to the help of my 4 y/o who ranks me up while Im at work lol!) I play Turf War mainly, but if I can find a good enough team I'd squad up in ranked with no hesitation.

Anyways, I tried clicking your website but my work computer blocks it. So hopefully someone can help me get started.

How does it work with Ventrilo? Do I have to have a computer to use it? how do you guys use it with WII U?

Hope to hear back soon! getting lonely being a lone wolf!

NID: Happy-Human-Bean

Last edited:

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
Hey Everyone,

29 y/o father- to-be here, I picked up this game on release day to bond over with my 4 y/o step-son. Instantly noticed I have a good talent with this game, been gaming since I was a wee-one, and have been in competitive squads before. Been looking around for a group of adults who have full time jobs/family life that take priority but like to whined down at night with a game or four of Splatoon!

I log on typically around 10:30pm Cental time zone. Current rank is 22 (thanks to the help of my 4 y/o who ranks me up while Im at work lol!) I play Turf War mainly, but if I can find a good enough team I'd squad up in ranked with no hesitation.

Anyways, I tried clicking your website but my work computer blocks it. So hopefully someone can help me get started.

How does it work with Ventrilo? Do I have to have a computer to use it? how do you guys use it with WII U?

Hope to hear back soon! getting lonely being a lone wolf!

NID: Happy-Human-Bean
That is totally cool. My little guy is still too young to understand much of anything he sees on the television, but he sure likes seeing the movement and bright colors! It sounds like you are just like the rest of us in the Inkslingers.

In regards to your questions, Ventrillo is a free voice chat server that you can run on your computer, and there are mobile device apps for the program as well. The Wii U, however, doesn't have an app for it, so, to use it, computer access is necessary. What isn't necessary, however, is the need to use Ventrillo to play rounds with us. It is completely up to you whether you use our voice chat server or our text chats featured on our clan's webpage while playing. It is all about swapping NNIDs and getting in game.

Let me know if you need anything else! :D

HumanBean

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HappyHumanBean
That is totally cool. My little guy is still too young to understand much of anything he sees on the television, but he sure likes seeing the movement and bright colors! It sounds like you are just like the rest of us in the Inkslingers.

In regards to your questions, Ventrillo is a free voice chat server that you can run on your computer, and there are mobile device apps for the program as well. The Wii U, however, doesn't have an app for it, so, to use it, computer access is necessary. What isn't necessary, however, is the need to use Ventrillo to play rounds with us. It is completely up to you whether you use our voice chat server or our text chats featured on our clan's webpage while playing. It is all about swapping NNIDs and getting in game.

Let me know if you need anything else! :D
Ok Murphy! Can you send me over info on how to link up with you guys. Thanks.

McMurphy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
McMurphy
HumanBean, I have sent you a private message! :D

Everyone, here are the results from Week #2:

Thanks for showing up, everyone! We learned a lot during this week, and that will reflect in how we handle odd number teams and such, so there will be no more worries about getting everyone in. I will have the information added to the event prior to Week #3 next Friday!

murphem

Inkling
NNID
murphem
Howdy all,

Just got signed up and sent out some friend requests. Hope to splat with y'all soon! Cheers!

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
This looks like a cool group, and I'd like to join. I signed up for your forum, but haven't received the confirmation email yet. Tried resending a few times, but no luck. same user name: Zahntavier

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom