• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is anyone else bummed about Splatoon's interactivity?

MaxwellsTime

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MaxwellsTime
Nah, not really. I never used voice chat in any other shooters.
Nintendo Fans:
When Smash 4 has Voice Chat:
"Ehh... it's ok."
When Splatoon Doesn't have Voice Chat:
"THIS GAME IS A FAILURE NINTENDO IS
DOOOOOOOMED"

DDB

Senior Squid
NNID
Diddybound
Because Smash4 doesn't really gain anything from the voicechat.

Dubs

Inkster Jr.
NNID
dubspwns
I'm a little bummed about the lack of voice chat - but not really.

I have a phone and computer; both can use a variety of voice chat applications. I know it's a hassle to get people all on one service - but I'll be able to chat with people I want to play with.

It sucks for match-making because I won't be able to easily talk to random people; but at the same time I don't really want to. Voice chat with random people can be REALLY hit or miss. Sometimes you get nice friendly people but a majority of the time you get jerks in voice chat. So it sucks but I'm not too worried.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
my main concern is that nobody i want to play with will have skype or want to give me their skype info.....even then I've had more luck with the skype app on my XB1 than on my cellphone which may or may not disconnect on me

A Black Squid

Inkling
NNID
BjGamer9130
So this is what I think about the whole voice chat situation....

-I want to at least be able to chat with my friends if anything, but let's agree, the wii u mic isn't the best in some cases.(lol, but I still want it)
-I guess people just totally forget this, but online mode isn't set up for specific regions, it's WORLDWIDE, so chatting with foreign people won't be the most satisfying thing. (Even if a mute tool were there.)
-This is a game that was focused towards kids, and yes, I know that you can set up parental controls and banning system or stuff like that. To be honest, if you have to setup all that stuff you might as well not have it in the game at all.

That being said, I would like to see how people work together online using visual clues instead of verbal ones. (Maybe in splatoon 2 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

Kilam

Inkling
NNID
MalJamMay
I ain't bummed out about the voice chat personally. I can see Nintendo's side of things while also seeing the people who want the voice chat side. I'm not sure about those who are ecstatic about the situation.

Vinny

Inkling
I believe not being able to customize private matches was confirmed, which bothers me. It was stated but it could have just been odd wording. There might not be private rooms at all but I highly doubt that wouldn't be in the game.
I'm pretty sure that was a feature that's not in the game now but to be added in the future, unless I heard wrong.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
I'm not as bothered by the lack of voice chat as much as I am people saying it's a good thing.

Indifference is one thing. Saying "yeah, it's great that this feature isn't in the game!" is another thing, and just ridiculous in my opinion. There are solutions to the problem of rude players: have the feature off by default, have parental controls to disable it, and enable people to mute. In fact, we can go a step farther and let people report abusive players, who can be reviewed by humans and have their voice chat privileges taken away. That one might be too much, since human resources are limited, but if they have the manpower, that's another way they can curb toxic behavior.

I can deal with no voice chat, but man, it just makes no sense to me to be glad a feature that might attract players is not in the game.
Honestly this is my entire thoughts on the matter as well. I wouldnt really use it too much but that doesnt mean I think it's removal is a good thing.
Tbh this is being being made more an issue than it should be on both sides. Especially since I wholeheartedly believe almost no one celebrating it's removal would have cared if it was there, that it would be muted or turned off immediately and forgotten.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
it's just so weird that the game lacks any way to communicate aside from generic d-pad commands(of which there only seems to be two)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'm pretty sure that was a feature that's not in the game now but to be added in the future, unless I heard wrong.
Yeah, I typed that before the direct happened. Still have to wait until August, though. :(

Indy Wolfy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CheveyoWolf
Most Nintendo online games would be a whole lot better with voice chat during the action (not in between matches) but I understand the reasoning behind and I am perfectly comfortable with using skype to talk in matches since the origins of Nintendo online.

joetext

Inkster Jr.
NNID
duncankeller
I plan to use skype like many, since I don't like to voice chat with strangers, but yeah, totally valid for people to be miffed.

With Nintendo's track record on online things, it doesn't come as much of a surprise to me. I guess I had hoped that bringing a new dev on-board would solve some of that. Ah well, game still looks fun as heck so it's hard for me to be too upset.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
I definitely suggest using Teamspeak, Mumble, Ventrilo, etc. before trying Skype. Can get more people in a server than a Skype call and isn't as much processing wear on your computer.

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
I definitely suggest using Teamspeak, Mumble, Ventrilo, etc. before trying Skype. Can get more people in a server than a Skype call and isn't as much processing wear on your computer.
i don't have a microphone/headset for my computer.....and most of the ones I've gotten have been worn down/broken over time

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
i hate to bump this topic but i gotta say...does anyone think nintendo might patch VC in for the august party system update? if people are gonna wait that long for the party system they might as well be able to get the whole package

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom