• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is anyone else bummed about Splatoon's interactivity?

Solbliminal

Inkling
Well, I mean all of the stores have been putting PreOrder prices at $60. And I have that paid in full. I'm pretty sure the game is going to be $60 over here. You also have to consider that price varies between countries drastically based on the economy.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I believe that you just won't be able to make custom private matches, in other words you can't change the rules, I think we can still make rooms to battle with friends and what not. It'd be monumentally stupid not to have the ability to match up with friends in some shape or form.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I believe that you just won't be able to make custom private matches, in other words you can't change the rules, I think we can still make rooms to battle with friends and what not. It'd be monumentally stupid not to have the ability to match up with friends in some shape or form.
I believe not being able to customize private matches was confirmed, which bothers me. It was stated but it could have just been odd wording. There might not be private rooms at all but I highly doubt that wouldn't be in the game.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I'm really confused about the $60 price as well. The fact that standard multiplayer elements are missing completely turn me off from this game. If I'm being honest, I can't see myself spending any more than $15 dollars MAX on a game of this nature that only has a handful of elements that I find interesting while not having such basic **** like custom games and voice chat.
Why are you even here, then?

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
I believe not being able to customize private matches was confirmed, which bothers me. It was stated but it could have just been odd wording. There might not be private rooms at all but I highly doubt that wouldn't be in the game.
Yeah, it seems like there will be private matches, but you won't be able to customize the settings. Not the worst thing (since, unlike some titles, the game seems pretty legit with its default settings out of the box).

DaKid

Pro Squid
Exactly what type of content are you guys referring to that this game doesn't have? I'm not talking about voice chat.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Exactly what type of content are you guys referring to that this game doesn't have? I'm not talking about voice chat.
Local split-screen for team games, custom options in private games, LAN, automated tournaments, spectator mode, replays, etc.

DaKid

Pro Squid
Local Spit screen isn't even in most shooters. How many shooter have a spectator mode, or online game in general? Or replay. This is Nintendo first time really in this whole genre, my expectations are in check.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
When it comes down to it, I am also indifferent to this lack of interactivity for two reasons:
1. I have skype.
2. I have let to see all the game has to offer. For all I know, there could be ton of cool features. I still think people shouldn't be pessimistic over that one ign article, (considering it doesn't even make much sense).

I'm just going to wait and see what they have in store. Is the lack of voice chat still a bad choice? Sure. But I personally don't have a reason to be upset over it.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I really want this game day one but i still feel like i haven't seen much that warrants 60 bucks. This game has less features than some third party games. Mostly like gonna get day one either way.

Lyn

Premium
I really want this game day one but i still feel like i haven't seen much that warrants 60 bucks. This game has less features than some third party games. Mostly like gonna get day one either way.
I'm starting to rethink my decision of getting it day one. If they show off some things that warrant $60, i'll get it.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm getting it day one because it has enough things to satisfy me with awesome looking single player mood and great looking multiplayer modes.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
I'm actually quite excited to see how Splatoon's Dev team tackles DLC. We already know they'll be supporting the game post-release, so it'll be neat to see al the various content that will be added to keep the game interesting.

Maybe they'll put out a survey for players to make suggestions regarding the game's content? Who knows.

Lyn

Premium
I'm actually quite excited to see how Splatoon's Dev team tackles DLC. We already know they'll be supporting the game post-release, so it'll be neat to see al the various content that will be added to keep the game interesting.

Maybe they'll put out a survey for players to make suggestions regarding the game's content? Who knows.
That would be really nice. Maybe that's not too out of the question because of Smash's situation.

StarKun

Full Squid
I truly don't give a crap about no voice chat. If you can't get skype, then what are you doing with a wii u when you can't even get a computer or mobile device that can download skype?

Refer to my icon as my reaction to people complaining about the lack of voice chat

Mr.Man17

Full Squid
I truly don't give a crap about no voice chat. If you can't get skype, then what are you doing with a wii u when you can't even get a computer or mobile device that can download skype?

Refer to my icon as my reaction to people complaining about the lack of voice chat
You know, Skype is useful for talking to your friends......but I also want to talk to randoms....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom