• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Is The Aerospray Viable In Ranked Battles?

Water Inkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jojobinki
although, you can use the seeker to approach your opponent instead of using it solely offensively.
Tru but the higher ranking player likes s will see the seeker as well before it came unless they were distracted and even then it would be safer to just flank them. If they see the seeker coming they will run or flank the seeker and ink its trail and if ur using it to approach u will most likely get hit by the barrage against the stream

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
Well, I recently had a game of Rainmaker (A- to A+ range) where my team had three RGs and one MG, and the other team had two Dual Squelchers, a 52 Gal, and a Splattershot Jr. I thought we were finished when I saw my team with all aerosprays but we clearly had the advantage the entire game, finishing with a knockout. They had the rank advantage as well. Surprise!

I played most of the night with the MG in A- to S range games and had a lot of splats, besting even Luna Blasters and 92 Gals. Granted, I did switch to the Octoshot Replica and played better, but still. I really like the aerosprays. I usually use an Octoshot or the 52 Gal Deco but if I'm feeling like I'm not clicking with them, if I'm feeling slow, I'll often switch to the aerosprays and it just feels right.

Last edited:

Water Inkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jojobinki
Well, I recently had a game of Rainmaker (A- to A+ range) where my team had three RGs and one MG, and the other team had two Dual Squelchers, a 52 Gal, and a Splattershot Jr. I thought we were finished when I saw my team with all aerosprays but we clearly had the advantage the entire game, finishing with a knockout. They had the rank advantage as well. Surprise!

I played most of the night with the MG in A- to S range games and had a lot of splats, besting even Luna Blasters and 92 Gals. Granted, I did switch to the Octoshot Replica and played better, but still. I really like the aerosprays. I usually use an Octoshot or the 52 Gal Deco but if I'm feeling like I'm not clicking with them, if I'm feeling slow, I'll often switch to the aerosprays and it just feels right.
After u and others have been saying it's not that bad I tried it myself in s+ rank and from it I went down to s+ 24. Granted I played on camp trigger and some other open map on tower control yet still it was annoying to try and do the same tactics.

Aerosprays have limited options especially when it comes to combat. Most people in higher ranks have the game sense and check the mini map often. They will see when ur flanking them and where. The only kills u will mostly be getting is kill steals or the lucky flank unless u practice with this weapon 24/7 and I've already gotten good enough with n zap 89.

Also they have no main approach options. Seekers can be seen from miles away and they're slow compared to thrown bombs. Others options including the Inkzooka with the heavy nerf make it tough now to use effectively unless u have superb aim, which means if you do then you shouldn't be using an imaccurate weapon suck as the aerosprays.

Almost all of what I'm saying is from my own personal experience but some of this stuff I'm getting as actual fact from people duck as flc but if your enjoying this weapon then go ahead. Just know the higher u go the less viable it gets or the more hours you grind with strats. Your whole team strategy may have to be based on y your weapon which is never the best. But I'm glad with the progress you made! Idk how u did it tho...

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
After u and others have been saying it's not that bad I tried it myself in s+ rank and from it I went down to s+ 24. Granted I played on camp trigger and some other open map on tower control yet still it was annoying to try and do the same tactics.

Aerosprays have limited options especially when it comes to combat. Most people in higher ranks have the game sense and check the mini map often. They will see when ur flanking them and where. The only kills u will mostly be getting is kill steals or the lucky flank unless u practice with this weapon 24/7 and I've already gotten good enough with n zap 89.

Also they have no main approach options. Seekers can be seen from miles away and they're slow compared to thrown bombs. Others options including the Inkzooka with the heavy nerf make it tough now to use effectively unless u have superb aim, which means if you do then you shouldn't be using an imaccurate weapon suck as the aerosprays.

Almost all of what I'm saying is from my own personal experience but some of this stuff I'm getting as actual fact from people duck as flc but if your enjoying this weapon then go ahead. Just know the higher u go the less viable it gets or the more hours you grind with strats. Your whole team strategy may have to be based on y your weapon which is never the best. But I'm glad with the progress you made! Idk how u did it tho...
I wonder if the issue is that the weapon just doesn't suit your natural playing style? I don't have as much experience as you must have though. As much as I admire really great snipers I totally suck with those weapons and so I never use them. I could give a list of weaknesses sniper weapons have but they'd be irrelevant consider how amazing some people are with them. The aerospray is really 'intimate' when it comes to splatting and it's awesome for helping with ink control of the map which is sometimes a game saver. Even my main weapons I tend to use more intimately when it comes to splatting. Being at a distance isn't 'me'.

The highest I've been is A+ 98. I've played plenty of games with many S and S+ ranks though not using an aerospray. It's not my first weapon of choice but I really like it. Maybe I wouldn't ever use it in an all S+ battle but if I'm playing badly with my main choices I'd sure give it a try :)

Water Inkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jojobinki

All of what I'm saying is from my own personal experience but some of this stuff I'm getting as actual fact from people duck as flc but if your enjoying this weapon then go ahead. Just know the higher u go the less viable it gets or the more hours you grind with strats. Your whole team strategy may have to be based on y your weapon which is never the best. By I'm glad with the progress you made! Idk how u did it tho...
I wonder if the issue is that the weapon just doesn't suit your natural playing style? I don't have as much experience as you must have though. As much as I admire really great snipers I totally suck with those weapons and so I never use them. I could give a list of weaknesses sniper weapons have but they'd be irrelevant consider how amazing some people are with them. The aerospray is really 'intimate' when it comes to splatting and it's awesome for helping with ink control of the map which is sometimes a game saver. Even my main weapons I tend to use more intimately when it comes to splatting. Being at a distance isn't 'me'.

The highest I've been is A+ 98. I've played plenty of games with many S and S+ ranks though not using an aerospray. It's not my first weapon of choice but I really like it. Maybe I wouldn't ever use it in an all S+ battle but if I'm playing badly with my main choices I'd sure give it a try :)
Oh sorry from my response it made it seem like u shouldn't use it. Ur playstyle is unique to you. I shouldn't have been some dumb and just thought it was ur main. That's your personal preference. I actually admire people who use under ranked weapons because if they're good with them it shows they have major skill. I mained n zap when it was bad ( and believe me I'm happy for the buff ) but now people just say it's about as annoying as a krak on roller or a 96 deco. That's why I go to my alt mains, blaster ,and if I'm not doing to hot, tentatek.

Your thoughts on plays type are most likely the case since I'm a passive aggressive player as you can see thru my mains. I use my range to my advantage or use mind games ( or my fave disruptor spam the enemy ) to my advantage while aerosprays only require the ability to flank and mind game m. If you can use the weapon that shows ur skills are pretty good and ur game sense is too. Happy to chat with u and thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom