• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is the Splat Charger even worth it in Turf Wars?

jkid391

Senior Squid
During Turf War, the Charger class is not very good at covering ink, but it can be used to help others. I personally hate using the Charger class (Inkling Girl, your challenges might beat me), but it is nice to have one on your team to help out in sniping so others can cover more turf.

Perfect Stealth

Inkster Jr.
Managed to capture some footage of me using the Charger during the last Testfire. Although I didn't do as well as I hoped, I can see myself perfecting the use of this weapon once I experiment more with the full game. I have a strong suspicion the E-Liter 3K will be my weapon of choice.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I tried it for one match in the last Testfire, but I had a lot of trouble with it so I switched. I feel bad now though, as I didn't give it enough of a chance. Obviously I wasn't going to do good with it first match.

Hi_C

Full Squid
My personal thought is that the Squiffer will be a lot more useful in Turf War because of its reduced charge time in exchange for higher damage output and ink spread. Regular Charger may be better in Spat Zones and other game variants.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I can do pretty good with the charger usually on the skatepark stage (called B Bus Park in Japanese, don't remember English) I usually stand on the tower in the middle and prevent others from getting past the middle point. I especially love the kelp splat charger because I get a Sprinklet to help protect me and the Killer Whale for taking out more enemies.
This was my last match, 10-0 and top of my team, although I don't find it as useful on some maps for turf war.
image.jpg

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I still stand by one I said on the last thread about the Splatcharger still being useful.

I am disappointed that I have seen a couple reviewers now, (an example being the bitblock), really underestimating the chargers, and even saying it needs buffs.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
I really like the chargers but they really require more skill from the player than other weapons, I believe people dismiss it quickly and don't see the potential, I'm sure that Ranked Modes will change the perspective, because their use is more evident there, then translating the skill from one mode to the other will show the potential of chargers more.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I really like the chargers but they really require more skill from the player than other weapons, I believe people dismiss it quickly and don't see the potential, I'm sure that Ranked Modes will change the perspective, because their use is more evident there, then translating the skill from one mode to the other will show the potential of chargers more.
Yeah, a lot of reviewers I've seen have only tried it once and then declared it just sucks. I don't think they are playing it correctly.

A lot people will certainly find it useful in Ranked matches, but I still believe it has uses in turf wars.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Just tried the charger right now in the game ; as someone that was actually pretty horrible with it during the test fire...I'm doing surprisly well with it now ; guess I got used to the gyroscope now. Heh

Jo_splatoon

Inkling
NNID
Pelegrin11
Some maps, the splat charger WIN game, but there are not first on the scoreboard. See some good people who are REALLY annoying to play against.

Kosaki

Pro Squid
NNID
Kosaki-0
I constantly get first or second with the New Squiffer set. I always pull at least 700pts (without the 300pts bonus for victory) on every map.
The most difficult one to learn being Blackbelly Skatepark, but now I know it perfectly.

Jet

Full Squid
NNID
Jetcore500
I saw a video this morning on salt spray rig and you know that elevated platform overlooking the lower part a charger was completely controlling the area not letting any rollers thru

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
My personal favorite is the Kelp Splat Charger. It comes with a sprinkler and a killer wail. I swear this is such a good combination. Get to high ground. Plant a sprinkler for up close defence advantage and start sniping. Sprinklers are inkredibly useful in other situations as well, when in enemy territory for example just through one on high ground and keep moving. Then when you have a killer whale just use it and aim at the enemy base or for herrassing different opponents. I won a lot of matches this way. Though I never became number 1. The price you pay I guess for the awe inspiring yet oddly humble sprinkler.

Xitara

Inkling
NNID
Xitara
The chargers definetely seem harder to get used to than the others, so I'm not surprised that they aren't seen much online. I've seen some really good charger players though (I'm pretty horrible at it, but I might get used to it sometime.),

Trunks159

Full Squid
NNID
Trunks159
Well, one thing I found helped dramatically was reducing the sensitivity to -2. Also, if you've played CoD or Halo (quick scoping and such), you'll know that actually aiming at a moving target is too difficult. Either aim at where they are going, or quickly flick the right analog stick in the direction of the enemy.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
Well, one thing I found helped dramatically was reducing the sensitivity to -2. Also, if you've played CoD or Halo (quick scoping and such), you'll know that actually aiming at a moving target is too difficult. Either aim at where they are going, or quickly flick the right analog stick in the direction of the enemy.
I've moved to gyro controls, but low sensitivity is the way to go if you're using stick. Higher sensitivities are too jumpy. Plus, if you need to turn around so quickly that you need really high sensitivity, you're probably gonna die before you can charge up anyway.

w00se

Inkster Jr.
NNID
w00sey
I've moved to gyro controls, but low sensitivity is the way to go if you're using stick. Higher sensitivities are too jumpy. Plus, if you need to turn around so quickly that you need really high sensitivity, you're probably gonna die before you can charge up anyway.
I have found +3 to be my sweet spot for charger play but I still have a long way to go in terms of getting good with the chargers. The blaster is a pretty solid practice tool for the charger so far as getting the aim down. It plays a lot like a short range charger with no charge time with the added bonus of being able to hit people around corners. It also uses a lot of the same thought process to get proper coverage out of it as the chargers do.

Trunks159

Full Squid
NNID
Trunks159
I was thinking the gyro controls may be useful for chargers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom