• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Is the Splat Charger even worth it in Turf Wars?

Venomania

Inkling
NNID
The_FPG
With me almost dead-set on wanting to main the charger weapons, I think I've done pretty well with it. Most of the time I use it, I end up on the winning team. Picking off people from a distance while the rollers cover the area unimpeded is a pretty good way to rack up turf. Also I love using it to shoot through opponents ink paths, interrupting their speeds as they try to charge forward.

And on stages like the mall and skatepark, having that higher ground along with that range really comes in handy.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Honestly, the more I play with chargers, the more I just feel like it is still great in Turf Wars.

Well, one thing I found helped dramatically was reducing the sensitivity to -2. Also, if you've played CoD or Halo (quick scoping and such), you'll know that actually aiming at a moving target is too difficult. Either aim at where they are going, or quickly flick the right analog stick in the direction of the enemy.
Yeah, I started messing around with the options and I'm currently using -3 myself.

Also, yeah I honestly suggest to all charger users, (even to all non-chargers), to put on gyro. Even if you are decent without it, you can be so much better. Not only that, but it gives the opponent the advantage if they have motion controls on and you don't.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
I think they are terrible to use if you are trying to level up. Getting a lot of points is so much easier with other guns. But the charge shot guns could win you games.
By constantly eliminating enemies. The guns get more powerful, the less ink the enemy has on the map. Especially the EK liter one. The range is just soooooo far. Like far enough you are pretty safe if you miss 1 or 2 shots, while they are coming at you. I've seen barely anyone use it though. So for now it is kinda cheap, because most people don't expect to die from w/e distance. Especially on salt spray rig, and that warehouse map.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I felt in love with chargers today. To the point every time I picked a different weapon, I felt like "I could be playing chargers instead". And I must say I am doing pretty well with it and I am sure I will get a lot better. So yeah, it is definite worth it in turf wars.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
Everybody saying Chargers suck reminds me of the first couple of weeks before things started to take shape in Kid Icarus. Namely that the low/no homing sniper weapons were terrible. Now it's practically a requirement for a good team.

Funny thing about KIU... For a while people thought the Magnus Club was the best weapon, and Trade-off was the best equipable Power. The former consisted of what's essentially a melee strike that one-shots players, and the later grants invincibility. Nowadays you don't see either.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I think they are terrible to use if you are trying to level up. Getting a lot of points is so much easier with other guns. But the charge shot guns could win you games.
By constantly eliminating enemies. The guns get more powerful, the less ink the enemy has on the map. Especially the EK liter one. The range is just soooooo far. Like far enough you are pretty safe if you miss 1 or 2 shots, while they are coming at you. I've seen barely anyone use it though. So for now it is kinda cheap, because most people don't expect to die from w/e distance. Especially on salt spray rig, and that warehouse map.
I just unlocked the litre 3K and I really like the range, but it charges a bit too slow for me so I may just stick with the scoped kelp charger. Will have to test it on more maps though.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
I just unlocked the litre 3K and I really like the range, but it charges a bit too slow for me so I may just stick with the scoped kelp charger. Will have to test it on more maps though.
I'm used the Litre 3K alots lately ; the extra range is really nice but it drain ink like hell ; 3 fully charged shot and you're already out of ink. I pretty much use the special most of the time just to quickly replenish ink hue.

Also blast bomb sub that go with it really help for close range confrontation ; saved my *** multiple time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom