• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

January GLOBAL Splatfest: Action vs Comedy

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Well, this Splatfest was a thing. I just picked Comedy because of things happening irl that made me think life was just a joke. It's not nearly as bad now, but I still have my moments.

At least I beat my personal Power record from Flight vs. Invisibility!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215

win-loss 9.jpg
This has been one of my best splatfests ever. Went on a rampage with the dream team of @Hero of Lime , @Goolloom , and @ThatOneGuy as usual, then I went off on my own and dominated with consistently reliable random allies. I hope I can pull this off again!
Screenshot_2018-01-14-09-35-58.png

Last edited:

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
@J'Wiz I think we played a couple battles together for team comedy. My in-game name is Gav and we won a battle with a disconnected player.

I don't love or hate shifty station this time, but I have had multiple disconnects and it is making it very hard to play. I don't normally disconnect, so is anybody else having internet issues?
I remember the matches I had with you. I think you avenged me a few times. Those matches were also really easy. The match where we had a DC didn't really feel like it had a DC.

Also I kept getting "communication errors" after ending a match. I got my splatfest points and gear exp, so it wasn't a big deal.

This was another meh Splatfest for me. Another 50/50 win/loss rate, and alot of my matches were very irritating. I mean I had some fun matches here and there. There were some cool comeback wins where my team and me pushed into enemy base at the last minute together and won. The best thing to happen was the fact that I finished my Roller set. What happened to the magic from my first 3 Splatfests?

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
With two and a half hours left in the Splatfest, I now am sitting at 4/10 Comedy Fangirl, and it appears that's how far I'm gonna get.

Needless to say, first thing I did this morning was order a lan adapter.

Photon Jet

Inkster Jr.
I feel dry as a shrimp after this Splatfest. Most of the battles were me and my team getting clobbered due to the big difference in skill levels. I'm getting a feeling Team Comedy's gonna win it but no matter what, it was fun being in some matches.

Bobsaget

Inkling

I hate that game where you can push it a little farther but you just lose instead and drop 40 points. I made it back around 2400 a couple times before quitting.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Aaaaand the results are out. Good fights, Team Comedy. It's been a tough ride.

Not gonna spoiler the results. Go boot up your switch on your own, ya lazy squids.

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Oh great, at the time they were gonna do something i like; my joy cons are broken. Fml :(

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
In Europe (if it's not global), Comedy won both Win %s, while Action took Popularity, so it's 1-2.

Got a whopping 3 snails out of it...yay...

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Heh, yeah it was global. Really close one, too.

Congratulations, Team Comedy!

Zak98

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Virgenmedia66666
Switch Friend Code
SW-6728-0895-4580
Heh, yeah it was global. Really close one, too.

Congratulations, Team Comedy!
First Splatfest that Marina actually won besides the premiere, hence i would've got more sea snails if i could play.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Comedy won with less votes? I'm shocked! I had the worst feeling our team would't pull it together, but hey would you look at that. Action team losing is the ultimate joke for team comedy.

Padre

Pro Squid
Most of my games were Action vs Action. It feels Action was WAY more common than Comedy on hours I played. I got horrendous luck with matchmaking, having a lot of DCd people playing with me. My power went down to 2100. I kinda played bad from time to time also, not blaming others here.

Still not overly dissappointed, I actually started enjoying Shifty more this time. :)

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I normally play splatfest until I max out, but this one just didn't interest me. I had a few good matches, but the battles were not interesting and the internet was horrendous. After hearing others talk about the connection I don't know if it was my internet or the game itself, but I went from having 0 disconnects on splatnet 2 to having 3 disconnects after the splatfest.

However, I am glad team comedy finally got Marina another win! After this I am now 4-1 in splatfests with the loss coming from the Christmas socks vs. sweaters.

If anyone cares and doesn't want to look for themselves (I'm too incompetent to use spoilers) Team action won popularity 58% to 42% and team comedy won solo and team battles 51% to 49% in both.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
OOF!! So many splatfest losses... exactly like my ongoing battle records. ¬.¬

First Splatfest that Marina actually won besides the premiere, hence i would've got more sea snails if i could play.
She actually has won a few, primarily in the NoJ region.

With a global victory, guess this means she'll be happy enough to give us yet another decent Shifty Station next time.

Photon Jet

Inkster Jr.
Well done to both teams on this month's Splatfest! We've all had our ups and downs but the most important thing is to remain strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom