• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

January GLOBAL Splatfest: Action vs Comedy

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Action for me. While I like some comedy, Action is what always pulls me in the most- especially when a good storyline is involved.

On a random note, the inkling for Team Action vaguely resembles the one in one of the ads for Rockenberg...

Different shoes and no headgear, but its too funny to me still.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
*checks splatapp to see where friendlist peer pressure will lean*

I dunno~... Splatoon is an action game but playing it is occasionally a comedy.

And not often a happy comedy. ¬.¬

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
My first spla2n splatfest! I've seen a lot more funny action movies than decently funny comedy movies, and they fall especially flat if that's all they were going for. Action also fits thematically with my newfound love of the heavy splatling!

Last edited:

Padre

Pro Squid
Havent got time to play splatfests lately, hopefully I have time this weekend. I will pick action, but it was a tough choice. Good luck to both sides!

BashfulBetta

Inkster Jr.
nice! a global splatfest! i wonder if that means we'll see posts from around the world just like in splatoon 1? :^O
i feel like the splatfests are getting harder and harder to choose from but i picked team comedy because i like that teal color

Last edited:

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I couldn't decide, so I picked team comedy to support Marina. I've missed one splatfest, sci-fi fantasy, and that was the one I cared about the most, so I mainly do splatfest for the fun now.
Now I need to break my one splatfest losing streak!

Yoshima!

Inkling
This was hard, but I had to choose comedy. But lately I've seen a lot of Twitter posts for Team Action. This is my very first Splatfest, so I'm a bit scared. :P (Super excited that it's global though ) I definitely have high hopes for Comedy though, because of all the hilarious tv Sitcoms. I am currently trying to convince my friend to join team Comedy. For all the Comedy fighters out there-

Let's do this.

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hope Mr.Grizz is taking employees during the whole splatfest.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
yes, global Splatfest! Now I can play with my friends from the UK!

I picked action. One of my friends made a really good point to me, he said "Starwars, or Tom and Jerry?" and I was like "yeah you got a good point..."

Can't wait to see all the art posts for this one. saw a "Hot Fuzz" reference and that made my day.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Nintendo Direct SPLATFEST HYPE!!
And thinking back to the in-game announcement, they did use female pronouns when referring to the typical action hero. NOICE!

But really, the replies to that tweet... a comedy of a sort. This hype, I don't understand! :confused:

Anyway I've been lazy busy recently so I haven't spent much time cruising the Square to share some splatfest posts with yall. But what about the rest of you? Any nice splatfest art and commentary show up in your Square?

HI!! I'm an edit:
And~~~~ new stage for the splatfest!

I don't remember what this place was called back when they teased it during the 2.0 announcement but my google translate says "Devon Oceanographic Museum" as the name.

Someone please correct me on this. Shellendorf Institute, thanks @Mar$el! =)

Last edited:

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I know it's Better late than never, but lately my life has been a Life in pieces, everything has been going by in a Flash...

But like those of America's funniest, and once I am done at The Office I am going to go out with a Big bang (in theory) and choose comedy....... & then crash cause I am dead tired rn.

I regret nothing :D

Last edited:

Ansible

Community Ambassador
This weekend's/splatfest weapon is the Dapple Dualies Nouveau with Toxic Mist and Ink Storm!

Something actually usable for the splatfest?! Definitely a comedy!

I know it's Better late than never, but lately my life has been a Life in pieces, everything has been going by in a Flash...

But like those of America's funniest, and once I am done at The Office I am going to go out with a Big bang (in theory) and choose comedy....... & then crash cause I am dead tired rn.

8gdkoF3.gif

Last edited:

Raxel920

Full Squid
The shifty station this time doesn't seem too bad, featuring invisible platforms

Also, thicc Squee-Gs.

I'm starting a comedy team for those who don't want to party alone.

Last edited:

Squidge

Inkling
In splatfest I keep getting action team vs action team in solo mode sometimes. Not really a splatfest if it's all the same team. Plus hurting my action teams odds of winning the fest. Did this happen last fest? Not enough comedy users so it's trying to balance out the score? What gives?

Cyan

Inkling Commander
In splatfest I keep getting action team vs action team in solo mode sometimes. Not really a splatfest if it's all the same team. Plus hurting my action teams odds of winning the fest. Did this happen last fest? Not enough comedy users so it's trying to balance out the score? What gives?
Mirror team matches do not count towards the win percentages. It does this when one team is heavily populated compared to the other, but it may not be a true representation of the team popularity as matchmaking is ping based, so you only match up with people within a fairly small radius distance wise.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
@J'Wiz I think we played a couple battles together for team comedy. My in-game name is Gav and we won a battle with a disconnected player.

I don't love or hate shifty station this time, but I have had multiple disconnects and it is making it very hard to play. I don't normally disconnect, so is anybody else having internet issues?

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I've been doing pretty well, all matches comedy vs action (how dare anyone choose action). However most of my games have been against people with lower power levels. This means I've been winning more but also my splatfest power isn't going up that much. I'm 14-2 with 2270 rn but since I've been put in games like 2100 vs 2000 and the sort, it only goes up like a couple points each game. Doesn't seem quite fair but I guess I shouldn't complain... Anything to help my fellow comedy appreciators. All I can say about Shifty Station is that it's real weird. I hope they put bounce pads in the next one.

Squidge

Inkling
Thanks for the explanation Cyan. I get it. Must be no one on so yeah.

@J'Wiz I don't normally disconnect, so is anybody else having internet issues?
I've noticed lots too. Maybe it's due to this being a worldwide
Splatfest this time? I'd see a group of Japanese players come
In then all leave. Then after a match is over rather than go on internet connection error. Buggy I guess.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
I've been getting lots of unusually long wait times and connection issues. Considering this is the first Splatfest after a the massive slew of players coming in from Christmas, there's a lot of activity on the Splatoon servers. It should clear up by the time the Splatfest ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom