• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

L-3 Nozzlenose discussion

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
I blew it off when trying it in the shop but I bought it today, took it for several runs, and cleaned (inked) house. Really fun gun for me but I wish the sub was better.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
After messing around a bit in the fire range, the rate of fire during the burst seems to be the same as the Aerosprays', so I'm guessing they made it a 4-shot to splat so it didn't melt people instantly (many already complain about the Aerospray's 5-shot to splat), aside of the fact that it has a bit less range than the Pro and .96

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
After messing around a bit in the fire range, the rate of fire during the burst seems to be the same as the Aerosprays', so I'm guessing they made it a 4-shot to splat so it didn't melt people instantly (many already complain about the Aerospray's 5-shot to splat), aside of the fact that it has a bit less range than the Pro and .96
yea its the same rate surprisingly enough. we don't need a weapon that can kill that fast .

we don't want POWER CREEP guys c'mon.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Wait, what? It has the same fire rate as the Aerosprays? I knew it felt kinda quick, but damn. News like this makes me want to give this thing another shot.
But now I have a question: what's a good set of gear abilities to use with this? Ink Saver Sub seems like a good bet (I remember Disruptors using more ink than I'd like when I tried the Custom Splattershot Jr. so...), and Ink Resistance seems like a good thing to have (in general, really), but what else would work with this one (was going to use Damage Up, but apparently it can't go below a 4-shot splat so...)?
Either way, definitely hoping for a Custom/Deco/Brand-version Nozzlenose with a different sub (just a personal preference thing, I don't like Disruptors) after hearing this.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
Its definitely not for me. the rapid pressing isn't so bad if you couple it with jumping, but yea I don't really like it.
yea its the same rate surprisingly enough. we don't need a weapon that can kill that fast .

we don't want POWER CREEP guys c'mon.
tentatek splattershot (and I think splattershots in general) kills in 3 shots though
It'd give it more use, but then the way its set up 3hko would be a little much.

Its definitely not for me, but it has a niche somewhere.

Cthulhu

Inkster Jr.
I was really hoping this gun would be a slow 3 round burst (like .52 gal speed) and a 2 shot kill. Trade off compared to .52 gal would be a small burst delay and slower overall inking for a bit more accuracy at a range. I think that would be way nicer. I'm going to keep trying this gun anyway though, because it looks so damn cool. It's like a big garden hose revolver. It seems good for everything (inking turf, doesn't use much ink, good range, fast) but it just can't kill people unless you straight up outgun the other person or sneak up on them.

Mataata

Inkling
NNID
Mataata
I posted this in a similar thread on Reddit, so I'll just repost it here.

I think the biggest purpose of the nozzlenose is actually for finishing people off, not directly engaging. If someone's taken even a little bit of damage one burst will be enough to splat them. Combine that with the fast projectile speed and range and its sub and special and you can be an excellent finisher.

shane3x

Full Squid
I posted this in a similar thread on Reddit, so I'll just repost it here.

I think the biggest purpose of the nozzlenose is actually for finishing people off, not directly engaging. If someone's taken even a little bit of damage one burst will be enough to splat them. Combine that with the fast projectile speed and range and its sub and special and you can be an excellent finisher.
If thats the intended design thats fair enough, I feel like there should be an ability that either shows health or needs to be paired with up location revealing items. The concept of an semi-auto M16 weapon is great but its a bit underwhelming compared to other weapons.

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
the sub and special are not giving me a good thoughts about it. maybe i do really need to take a look more of it.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
the sub and special are not giving me a good thoughts about it. maybe i do really need to take a look more of it.
This is kind of an "assist" gun. You want to tag along with somebody, preferably another splattershot user to help them with their splats.
As has been said before the burst is lethal if they're even slightly damaged; just walking in enemy ink for even a split second can set up a lethal burst.
The disruptor is also very helpful in aiding with securing splats since they won't be able to evade your fire at all; rollers in particular (except maybe the dynamos) are all but helpless when disrupted. Killer Wail is killer wail: use it to block a passage or dislodge a threatening sniper.

Given how good this weapon is when fighting with an ally, good jumping skills are very helpful. I'd recommend ninja jump to make those jumps less risky
or increase jump speed.

Box

Pro Squid
This weapon shows how much potential the disruptor has. It's a really weak weapon but the fact that it has a disruptor combined with a slightly above average range gives it a niche (not really an essential niche, but it can do something). If something like the 96 Gal had the same set it would be a monster. The disruptor basically gives you free splats on anything that you outrange.

blackish shy

Inkling
Cool weapon,Plays more like a charger than anything.You don't want to be aggressive with it. The range and fire rate makes the weapon good at holding a position for your teammates and is simply annoying for your enemy to deal with.Your sub and special are excellent tools for applying safe pressure to your enemy.All and all this weapon can feel underwhelming at times but is satisfying when you perform well with it.

Mage

Inkling
NNID
magier91
The L-3- Nozzlenose weapon is a really good 3-burst weapon and i like it. Try to jump and shoot with this gun and you will get a nice result :D

I did a video with this gun:

Karonax

Octobrushinobi
NNID
Karonax
Nintendo needs to add auto-fire functionality to these weapons that don't have it... My wrist cries out for death after using the Inkbrush+gyro aiming for a prolonged session.

Siggykewts

Inkling
NNID
Siggykewts
One thing I found particularly interesting about the Nozzlenose is that since you spend minimal time slowed due to gun fire, movement speed abilities are AWESOME. With 2 mains and 1 sub, I was zooming around the map just as fast as swimming, with minimal slowing down.

Saturn

LFT mid range, former xlt
NNID
Saturnity
Switch Friend Code
SW-7252-9309-8314
The accuracy on it is phenomenal. Combined with the good range, you'll be getting a lot of quick kills on it.

I think it'll be a monster when organized teams are possible. People will be able to call when the other guys take damage so you can get nearly instant cleanups at long range.

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
One thing I found particularly interesting about the Nozzlenose is that since you spend minimal time slowed due to gun fire, movement speed abilities are AWESOME. With 2 mains and 1 sub, I was zooming around the map just as fast as swimming, with minimal slowing down.
I'm gonna eventually try to get a good amount of run speed up subs on my gear with run speed up mains for this reason.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I like the feel of the burst fire. It seems like it's more of a weapon to go on the offense with, as it's not that great a weapon to cover turf with.

The burst fire itself might be it's downside, since you have to press the button each time you want to fire. Also, it takes 4 shots to splatter an enemy with, so that's two bursts needed. It's a bit weak compared to other weapons. I think it would benefit from a moderate range increase.

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement
I feel like I'm the only one who still uses this weapon. This and the Splattershot jr. have to be the most forgotten weapons in the game.

NWPlayer123

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
NWPlayer1234
Was poking at it earlier, it takes 8 frames to shoot 3 bullets (as per the mTripleShotSpan parameter), ones at 0, 4, and 8 (since it's fire rate is 4 frames). It's actually just as fast as the Aerosprays, if you use it frame perfectly :P Also, Disruptors are OP and underrated, they're actually one of the best subs this weapon could have. Killer Wail does wonders for Tower Control too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom