Least Favourite/Most useless skill?

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
And me with Ink Mines in Tower Control too. Not sure how to stop an Ink Mine from blowing me up once I see it besides activating it though, and I can't make it clear to my teammates just what I'm doing. I'd imagine a player who uses Ink Mines in Tower Control who pays attention to what gear other people are using may think twice if they see someone on the opposing team has Bomb Sniffer though.

Well, in Ranked, at least. In Turf War, it'd kick in on the last 16.67% of the match and will activate in every match (assuming you're not disconnected by then).
I find the issue with Ink Mines is that weapons that have them will drop them as they run away to keep you from following them. If you know the weapons you are hunting down has Ink Mines, you can avoid them without Bomb Sniffer because they will almost 100% drop them in your path as they run away.

Veena

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Anlaced
I don't think there are any useless abilities but there are definitely a few I've never been compelled to use. I generally avoid super jumping in ranked so Quick Super Jump is one I've never used. Ninja jump for the same reasons. I used to use ninja squid but the restriction on swim speed makes me not want to use it, especially because I'd rather run cold blooded. Recon seems worse than a lot of other abilities though because it only works when standing in spawn and unless the enemy is close, by the time you get to mid or wherever the action is happening, who knows where the enemy team will be? NimbusSpark made a good point about super jumping though, so I see it can have its uses.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I find the issue with Ink Mines is that weapons that have them will drop them as they run away to keep you from following them. If you know the weapons you are hunting down has Ink Mines, you can avoid them without Bomb Sniffer because they will almost 100% drop them in your path as they run away.
Huh, is that how people use them? I use them namely for two things: As a barrier in front of myself (because I'd be unaffected by the ensuing explosion) and to drop if I know I'm about to get splatted. I should watch out for the behavior you describe then. (I rarely get splatted by Ink Mines if it isn't Tower Control though. If it's Tower Control, however, it can get hellish, especially if there is a teammate or two or three covering the glowing circle that'd indicate an Ink Mine is there or we're playing on stages like Camp Triggerfish or Arowana Mall where there are moments where you can't easily leave the tower.)

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
And me with Ink Mines in Tower Control too. Not sure how to stop an Ink Mine from blowing me up once I see it besides activating it though, and I can't make it clear to my teammates just what I'm doing. I'd imagine a player who uses Ink Mines in Tower Control who pays attention to what gear other people are using may think twice if they see someone on the opposing team has Bomb Sniffer though.
Usually, I just make sure the top of the tower is well inked. If you put your own ink on it, you can usually trigger any explosions and wait until they go off. Plus, it protects you from being vulnerable when stepping on.

Of course, this does not always work. You can be a bit more reckless when the other team has no mines, and you may need to jump on to stop the tower in a pinch. Plus, some weapons (Chargers, Splatlings, low range Rollers) have trouble inking the tower from afar, so you would have to splat all the enemies first.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Plus, some weapons (Chargers, Splatlings, low range Rollers) have trouble inking the tower from afar, so you would have to splat all the enemies first.
While I don't have much experience in Tower Control with the Heavy Splatling, inking Turf from afar (or even over obstacles) is usually one of the things it can do best (which is great since it can't splat that well from that range o_O)

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
I've never actually tried the wail, really because it seems overused and I like to be a special snowflake, I mean should I try it? I've debated on it ALOT.
Are you kidding? It was never used at all much until rainmaker hit. (And then people realized you can do it for tower control too).

And bomb sniffer is situational, most people never use it but I have had a slight revelation when using scopes because if I see a bomb being tossed, I know where to look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom