• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

LEAVE PEARL ALONE!!!

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
Yeah, the reason why I prefer Marina is purely design based. Though not as a "waifu"--I'm ace, so I lack interest in doing that. I just like her general color scheme and design.

Despite what people may believe, I believe Pearl does have a solid design. She comes off as a small child to me.

ÇĦËF

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SW-4986-6175-120
Guys idk what the problem here is. Sure, meme's aside, she is a bit spicy, yeah splatoon 2 had the shortest waifu wars in human history (comparable only to the presidential election of 1984), and maybe she does have a slightly large forehead. But the airport business has really taken off (buddum-tssss) ever since she came. I'm serious guys before we had to spend like 40000 coins to take a flight literally anywhere nearby, plus that would be accompanied with crazy long lines and waiting times, but ever since she's come to town gosh darn it's good! I just got in on a flight from octo-valley 3 days ago cause its like only 15000g a flight nowadays and with checking, bagging, and screening, it's like 10 minutes to get in and on your flight! Ever since Pearl moved to town, so many new flight lanes have opened up due space, and thanks to them not having to spend money on runways or anything, they've upgraded all the tech at the airport. Even the free WiFi is fast due to the crown towers! So overall, you guys can make as much fun about my queen as you like, but the next time you have to airline travel anywhere, you better thank Pearl and her magnificent forehead.

(Encase you didn't catch it, that was a joke)

Being serious tho, i overall do like Pearl more in the personality department, and I think her design (especially the crown) is really good. (I think Marina's is better personally because of the headphones and teal is my favorite color) And i was REALLY surprised the Splatfest results from Ice cream vs cake. (But at the same time we didn't actually know all that much about either of them) So i definitely feel that after launch that Pearls reception has gotten vastly better. (I see more comments supporting Pearl than those
roasting her)
But overall who knows? But i guess we'll get some answers soon in this next splatfest coming up. The only thing i truly hope to see is Pearl do better in the Popularity department.

IttyBit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
IttyBit
Marina's design is better, but she also has as much personality as a cardboard box. Pearl has more personality than a cardboard box and isn't 'bratty' like everyone says. But... with the internet being the internet.... I think you know why Marina won out.

I legitimately can't tolerate waifu-loving creeps, which is why I just go with Pearl.
Honestly this. I try my hardest not to let things outside the game influence how I feel about characters, but the amount of hate Pearl gets simply because Marina is prettier really rubs me the wrong way. It's super repulsive.

I like Pearlie. She speaks fire, and has perfect imperfections.

I'm not that good at editing, if you look closely you can see that the outline of her left boot is still there.

I couldn't edit it out because I'm using an online photo editor as an alternative to photoshop

Last edited:

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
Pearl's design has some depth to it that I enjoy, particularly the forehead and eyebrows she takes a lot of shade for. In Renaissance Italy, a high forehead was considered representative of nobility. Women plucking their hair to create a higher hairline and thus a larger forehead forehead was common. As for her eyebrows, they seem to be based on the Japanese hikimayu style, where Japanese women would shave off their eyebrows and replace them with small smudges. Combine these with Pearl's crown and her attitude that some describe as somewhat bratty and you have.... a spoiled little princess. Add in her occupation and she's a pop princess.

Turd

Inkling
NNID
yoshi_shioti
Switch Friend Code
SW-2964-4020-4043
I literally just signed-up an account just to post something here.... (pretty awkward...)

At least we know Mayo won for Pearl.... ( I honestly wanted to join Mayo but I got lots of feedback from close people and say They like ketchup) for friends... think they are mostly weebs Because I tried joining Pearl they told me "Why side with her? she looks like ***"

I still joined ketchup Because not for the idol but just for the condiment. I like ketchup more honestly but I wanted to help Pearl

Pearl honestly looks cute she's not what weebs call "thicc". But she is slowly Growing on me like gripping your ARMS
(Mr Yabuki please Punch-out free DLC.)
pulling you to new Perspective that you can think of her.

I was literally cringing the whole time I made this paragraph ohhhhhh the feels really awakward now.

ALSO CONGRATS MAYO Continue to support Pearl Please?

leowtyx

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
leowtyx
"If I like the body of a 10-year-old boy, I would date a 10-year-old boy."
-- Anonymous

Tadashi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dragoon29
Pearl is WAY too cute to be getting this much hate. I still prefer Marina, though.

Torloth

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Torloth
Pearl is WAY too cute to be getting this much hate. I still prefer Marina, though.
I think she is an aquired type of cute.
However I don't find her personality cute.
But really she is okay.
But icing a cake with Mayo.... That is just gross.

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
She embodies all the traits that are in a salt thread of this very forum.

No thanks.

Tadashi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dragoon29
Frosting is thick, less sugary, more buttery (fatty). Icing is thin and generally more often used on pastries or cakes as a glaze.
Exactly! Now back to Pearl. According to the first Sunken Scroll, Pearl can't sing... but she sure can rap!

"That's right, b*tch!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom