• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

LEAVE PEARL ALONE!!!

CavvieKat

Inkster Jr.
I was definitely among the masses who instantly adored Marina upon her reveal, and I still do prefer her. I think her nervous sort of look reminds me of myself and so I think it's cute that there's this pretty, anxious Octoling trying to make it as an idol in an Inkling world.

That being said, I've never disliked Pearl, and I don't like all the hate she gets. It doesn't seem as bad as it was before the game's release though, and I knew Splatfests would help develop their personalities better over time, so I hope this trend continues.

On another note, I headcanon that the reason Pearl glares at you at first (after you're caught staring at her and Marina through the studio window) is because she's so used to trying to protect Marina from any potential scrutiny for being an Octarian, she just goes into defense mode immediately until she realizes all is well. This probably isn't accurate, but I think it's a cute idea.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I headcanon that the reason Pearl glares at you at first (after you're caught staring at her and Marina through the studio window) is because she's so used to trying to protect Marina from any potential scrutiny for being an Octarian
Except no one seems to acknowledge the fact that she's an Octoling. The only background we have of her is that one Sunken Scroll, which doesn't tell us anything. I can't help but feel that they made Marina an Octoling just for fan service, as her being an Inkling pop star or let alone in Inkopolis at all makes little sense from what we're told in the first game. Here's to hoping we get some sort of backstory later on, like in the inevitable Pearl vs Marina Splatfest.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I personally find Pearl quite cute and I like her childishness. She reminds me a lot of myself, what with the childish attitude and sassy behaviour. I mightn't seem so sassy on the net, but IRL... oh my x*3
Anyhoodles, I think Pearl's popularity has gone up, and I think a lot of the 'hate' she is getting isn't actual hate, I think some people just unfairly compares her to Marina, who was made to be completely different from her, and that's a good thing... Creates an interesting chemistry between them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom