Mafia 1 | D2

considering that coco is obviously pretty new to the game, id say the question about nk's is a pretty hard town tell. aside from that, i like the flow of discussion going on amongst the people that have been in the thread and wanna see what others have to offer... :|

JeXs

Inkling
The activity from the people who have been here seems pretty nice. But considering the fact that we have 72 hour deadlines, we have to move at a fast pace with all players posting at a decent rate. So far it seems like coco is the only new player?
Coco's question seemed fine to me. It probably would've been better left to ask the mod, but I did say new people shouldn't feel hesitant about asking questions they have on the game. She seemed concerned about killing an innocent person with our votes, so she might not know about the risk factor connected to a day-1 lynch.
On a side note, she used the word "we." That never sounds right to me, as I prefer to refer to factions as either "the town" or "scum." It doesn't really matter what noun you use, but it was just a minor observation that could be misunderstood.
I believe she said "we" to refer to the collective group of town in general, which means the entire player list, and not just the town faction, as scum can and will influence the votes.
The benefits of Rvs is that it can expose Mafia due to scumslip and it opens the game especially in long day phases.
Then why did you vote for Bruce for voting first?
VOTE: Bruce Spills
Voting first eh Very suspicious

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
considering that coco is obviously pretty new to the game, id say the question about nk's is a pretty hard town tell. aside from that, i like the flow of discussion going on amongst the people that have been in the thread and wanna see what others have to offer... :|
I suppose. It's kind of null in my opinion, but to each their own.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
bruce what does lurking imply to you on a theoretical standpoint?
Scum. Activity is never a tell of alignment, but lurking is. I accidentally lurk wayyyyy too much as scum just because I'm waiting for the moment to post that would make my entry appear town. For instance, I don't accidentally walk in on two peoples' arguments, and I often try to avoid people who could get on my suspicious side. As town, I don't really care, so there's no reason to lurk. That's just my opinion, but I've been known to be wrong. Some players constantly lurk in every single game they play in, regardless of alignment. As a general statement, I'd say lurking is fairly anti-town, and usually people who do it go on my sus-list.

JeXs

Inkling
Or they could just be viewing the thread the entire day without actually being here :p (That's me)

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
On an unrelated note, being able to see the names of the people viewing this page is really fricken cool, and a huge measure against lurking.
Our unnamed guest disappeared btw. Funny how that happened after I mentioned them.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
You know what they say, correlation implies causation.

JeXs

Inkling
It's definitely a nice feature, but a lot of people view invisible or as a guest, making it almost impossible to determine who is lurking and who isn't.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
I'm always logged in when I view. Haven't been logged out yet!
Ahh, great. At least we know it wasn't you.

This new feature is useful in many ways. For instance, I see that Coco's viewing the thread right now. Coco, out of all the people who have posted thus far, who do you find the most suspicious?

JeXs

Inkling
Oh, I don't know about that. Never really bothered with it since I just quote the posts that I want to respond to.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
Eh, it's probably better for the thread. People use multi-quote to primarily string together long chains of quotes to show the progression of a conversation, and use it to support future accusations. Collecting multiple quotes is a bunch of dirty work.

African American has been sounding pretty town with the succinct questions he's been asking. Hopefully more of those questions develop to analysis, which some of them already have, i,e: Coco's post. Even though that was a bit null...

In any case, the discussion's going well; nice pace and activity. We still have work to do, and we can't let the deadline get away from us. 72 hours is just enough time to prove a beneficial lynch. I'm glad it's not the overbearing 2 week deadline that has become MS standard.

Jexs, I take it you've played before, what's your opinion on lurking?

JeXs

Inkling
I get pretty annoyed by it, since all it does is force us to wait for a particular player in many cases. But I've learned to not take too seriously, since sometimes people just have nothing to say. If they're supposed to respond to something and lurk or avoid the thread on purpose though, that's when I'm ready to lynch them. It's scummy to me, but not a major one, as I've seen players who lurk regardless of their alignment.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
To be honest I don't know who to suspect.
I've only played on Epic Mafia
Typically the cop and doctor would stay silent and the cop would leave a will of his finding (in case he dies)
I'm used to not lynching D1 esp when I have no clues.

It'd also be foolish for anyone to claim roles.

That being said why are people so eager to lynch with no information?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom