Mafia 1 | D2

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Well he was quick to jump on putting someone else to be lynched by simply using the excuse "they picked a vote first".

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
That seems fair enough. My read on squid can't really develop until he posts more, so I'm refraining from voting him at the moment. My mind is still up in the air about who I want to make an actual vote on...

I'm reading Coco fairly new-town at the moment btw.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I'm just making a guess here - he does have time to defend himself.
Also maybe I am town : ) Maybe I'm not.

^-~ You never know.

JeXs

Inkling
I agree, I'm town leaning/reading everyone who has been active so far.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Bossanova, Marigi174 and Xyvon are the least active people right now?
EDIT: Hahaha you're forgetting we all can't trust each other can we? For all I know you and Bruce could be mafia! And to you I could be mafia

: o

JeXs

Inkling
You can't edit your posts! Like I said in
Oh, and since we aren't allowed to edit our posts, we can use what bruce just did here, "edit by way of post" to edit any mistakes we might have made in our post. Or you could just use EBWOP if you don't want to type the whole thing out.
you can make another post and use EBWOP to edit in anything you want to.
throwing out the weakest of fos's on this. seems to be trying really hard hard to appear helpful without actually offering anything. however, we have about a page of people offering advice, which is why it isn't that strong at all. i'm not sure what about this post is setting me off compared to the rest he and bruce are posting.
I'm not sure why it's setting you off either but this is why I posted that :p

@xCoCo
It makes me feel that the one posting it is bad at lying, and makes me look at it weird especially from a newer player.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
##vote xCoCo

The town reads seem to be coming from "hi guys i'm new", but Coco is supposed to have experience from EpicMafia. If anyone's played mafia before, they should know that Mafia does in fact kill people during the night. The suggestion of no lynch also raises a flag, but I do know of other communities that play this way. There's also the "haha maybe i'm town maybe i'm not spooky!" comment, which i feel should be discouraged.

The main thing concerning me is the interaction with Squid Master. Coco originally offers no reads, and then offers the most popular read of the time with the exact reason already stated by others. Going with the flow and passively agreeing with the town's thoughts is a good way for scum to feign contribution and involvement.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Well you could lynch me I don't have any power besides speaking anyways.

Last edited:

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
To tell the truth, sheeping a popular read just solidifies my read that they're new to the game. I'm not expecting them to come out of the blue with an independent read that no one mentioned before, in fact, that would be out of the ordinary.

As for asking if mafia killed during the night phase, it could have been a question pertaining conditionally to this game in which she was uncertain if we also played by similar rules, or it could have just been for clarification. Idk, you should ask her.

I've seen a lot of new players do the "maybe I'm town, maybe I'm not" thing. It's really just signifying that despite appearing to talk friendly to eachother, we could also be plotting to kill one another. It's a statement of "oh, there isn't actually trust here, and these people could be putting up a show to appear town." I've seen it with multiple players, all of them new.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
In Epic Mafia we always start in N1 and the mafia kills first. So I was just asking in case I was missing something.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
Well you could lynch me I don't have any power besides speaking anyways.
So, Coco hinted at vanilla townie...
Hmm... it was an unnecessary claim, but maybe they felt pressure from the vote? It was only a singular vote...
In Epic Mafia we always start in N1 and the mafia kills first. So I was just asking in case I was missing something.
Oh, I forgot about night starts being common there. That explains the question.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
So, Coco hinted at vanilla townie...
Hmm... it was an unnecessary claim, but maybe they felt pressure from the vote? It was only a singular vote...
Oh, I forgot about night starts being common there. That explains the question.
Well my thought is if I get lynched or killed by mafia the town won't be losing anything.
Yeah we usually start at Night days starts are fresh but I kind of feel they are tougher because you don't have one less player

JeXs

Inkling
##vote xCoCo

The town reads seem to be coming from "hi guys i'm new", but Coco is supposed to have experience from EpicMafia. If anyone's played mafia before, they should know that Mafia does in fact kill people during the night. The suggestion of no lynch also raises a flag, but I do know of other communities that play this way. There's also the "haha maybe i'm town maybe i'm not spooky!" comment, which i feel should be discouraged.

The main thing concerning me is the interaction with Squid Master. Coco originally offers no reads, and then offers the most popular read of the time with the exact reason already stated by others. Going with the flow and passively agreeing with the town's thoughts is a good way for scum to feign contribution and involvement.
The only thing really bothering me about her is the comment about her maybe being town and maybe being not, but that isn't much to go off of and I town read her otherwise. I can't comment about the EpicMafia night kill thing since I know nothing about that other than the fact that the players there rely heavily on roles and claim. I don't think that her offering the same read with the same reasoning show her being scum, it's quite common for newer players to sheep others when they are unsure on what to do.

Scum. Activity is never a tell of alignment, but lurking is. I accidentally lurk wayyyyy too much as scum just because I'm waiting for the moment to post that would make my entry appear town. For instance, I don't accidentally walk in on two peoples' arguments, and I often try to avoid people who could get on my suspicious side. As town, I don't really care, so there's no reason to lurk. That's just my opinion, but I've been known to be wrong. Some players constantly lurk in every single game they play in, regardless of alignment. As a general statement, I'd say lurking is fairly anti-town, and usually people who do it go on my sus-list.
good answer but i disagree on a fundamental level. i guess thats something to be brought up when the situation calls for it though.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
Well my thought is if I get lynched or killed by mafia the town won't be losing anything.
Yeah we usually start at Night days starts are fresh but I kind of feel they are tougher because you don't have one less player
Ahh, there's something that's different about Epic mafia. They rely too much on Power Roles. You may come to find that you shouldn't devalue your status as a player just because you don't have a powerful role. Each player makes a contribution based upon what they can bring to the game, (in terms of votes, reads, etc). It's our job as a town to mask our roles, and force the mafia to question whether or not we have powerful roles, or we're just plain vanilla. The mafia will always try to kill the most powerful role, or the strongest town player. It's their most optimal strategy. Forcing the mafia to shoot in the dark gives the town the advantage.
No one asked to bite the bullet and take one for the team, so you don't have to play like your role is a pawn in the game.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Coco, every day we don't lynch mafia, we get closer to losing the game. I don't see how you can value your own role so insignificantly. As one of the guides linked earlier states, killing you (from your perspective) should be killing a CONFIRMED town member.
The "idc if i die" response is very scummy in my meta.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I'm not used to forum mafia.
So I should probably adapt a different way of playing this.

Then again right now I could be playing you all.

However there are still a couple of people that have yet to speak at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom