Mafia 1 | D2

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
Dartboards are just "eh" to me. Doing things "randomly" definitely benefits the mafia due to their information advantage, from my perspective. I'd rather talk about something else, such as previous experience with the game or even just some "hello" posts to get people started. I figure we also have some newer players here, so getting random votes piled on before they've even done anything could confuse them or discourage them from playing.
That's a fantastic reason for not joining RVS. However, I'm not too concerned about discouraging newer players. Voting's part of the game, thus being voted is too. That's the whole point of voting early-game: seeing people's responses, and reactions from being voted. I don't want to sound like a grumpy hard a**, but they'll have to deal with being voted sooner or later. We can't exactly baby them from that for the time being.
As for past experience, I've played on MS and GL before, and I tried epic mafia once. Mafia scum is cool, Greylab is exceedingly more cool, and epic mafia was a bit of a let-down. How about you?

vote bruce jenner

ive got like 5 years of forum mafia under my belt, and id say that playing in rvs is a good way to get the game off its feet :)

also, is anyone actually new? so far it seems like its all experienced players.

YOLOSWAG

Inkling
Mod Note
op said:
Example of voting: ##Vote: African American, ##Vote: JeXs, etc.
Please make sure you're formatting votes with the double hashtags. It helps me track votes when I ctrl+f through the thread.

Votecount
Marigi (1): Bruce Squillis
Bruce Squillis (2): Squid Master, African American

Not Voting (6): Bossanova, h.JC, Marigi, Xyvon, xCoco, JeXs

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Does the mafia get to kill at night? Because I feel like we'd have the potential of voting off an innocent person...

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
My main mafia experience is form a convention I go to each year. I basically play it for 10 hours non-stop through the night. However, I've been trying out forum mafia on the yugioh site Duelistgroundz (if you followed the 2nd annual world mafia thing by Thingyman, Confuse Rei represented our community). I've also played two or three games of IRC mafia on Pokemon Showdown, but I stopped after a game where I subbed in 1 day from lylo and called out the entire scum team without reading any of the past days' interactions within a minute.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Yes, Coco, the mafia usually kills one player each night.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
My main mafia experience is form a convention I go to each year. I basically play it for 10 hours non-stop through the night. However, I've been trying out forum mafia on the yugioh site Duelistgroundz (if you followed the 2nd annual world mafia thing by Thingyman, Confuse Rei represented our community). I've also played two or three games of IRC mafia on Pokemon Showdown, but I stopped after a game where I subbed in 1 day from lylo and called out the entire scum team without reading any of the past days' interactions within a minute.
Cool, so I suppose you're more into the original face-to-face game than forum-based games. I'm not going to ask for any links to games, but I did want to ask only some general questions. I kind of wanted this game to go uninfluenced by any previous games we may have completed, but background given by free will is fine.
To keep the conversation rolling: what's your favorite role, and what role have you had the most success with?

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Vanilla Town is probably my favourite position, but it'd be Seer for an actual role. It's something dgz doesn't have enough of. The game we're about to start is our second or third "make up your own power" games, which include nice balanced roles like Bulletproof Cop Doctor and "You can change the death reveals to say whatever alignment and ability you want." In the face-to-face games, I prefer vanilla town because I'm able to read Seer in 90% of games (may be due to past experience with the same group of people).
I always hate playing as werewolf. Too much pressure and the lack of quicktopic makes it hard to make sure your partner knows what you're doing.

You?

@bruce jenner no reason aside from having the opportunity to type out bruce jenner.

how do you feel about coco's question regarding the maf making Night kills?

also @Marigi174 @Bossanova @Xyvon where u at and wassup wit chall?

@h.JC @Squid Master what do yall think are good tells to look for at the beginning of a mafia game when looking for scum? maybe give me... idk two.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
@h.JC, So you prefer town alignment! Awesome, as do I. However, once in a blue moon, when rngesus forces me to play scum, I have fun with it. Especially when your team is hilarious and cunning. As for roles, the best power role, and possibly the best game I ever played was when I was scum-cop. It was in a three faction game, and I consistently led the town to kill each member of the opposing scum team... until everything fell apart in the end, but I digress. I like playing vigilante as town, but I also enjoy doctor. I'm terrible at doc-saves though, but I have made a couple. Making a save is the greatest thing in the world.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
Hm, the only correct and particularly early game scum reads I've seen are based on
a) horrible horrible reactions to early votes
b) going too "hard" on the reads (either defending someone else or attacking a target)

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
I also try to look out for people derailing the thread or asking too many questions instead of contributing.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
@bruce jenner no reason aside from having the opportunity to type out bruce jenner.

how do you feel about coco's question regarding the maf making Night kills?
Coco's question seemed fine to me. It probably would've been better left to ask the mod, but I did say new people shouldn't feel hesitant about asking questions they have on the game. She seemed concerned about killing an innocent person with our votes, so she might not know about the risk factor connected to a day-1 lynch.
On a side note, she used the word "we." That never sounds right to me, as I prefer to refer to factions as either "the town" or "scum." It doesn't really matter what noun you use, but it was just a minor observation that could be misunderstood.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
We've consistently had exactly one guest watching this thread for the past couple hours. Possible lurker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom