Mafia 1 | D2

Squid Master

Inkling
TBH I wasn't exactly sure how to get the game flowing and there wasn't any serious votes in the game. So I thought starting a wagon was a good idea to get the game started.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
TBH I wasn't exactly sure how to get the game flowing and there wasn't any serious votes in the game. So I thought starting a wagon was a good idea to get the game started.
If you wanted to start a wagon, why didn't you vote Marigi when my vote was still in place? Two votes is a wagon, one vote is a bike. lol.

hes got what looks like the drive to scum hunt. its not much, and i dont agree with a lot of his conclusions, but for early D1 its enough to make me not draw much suspicion toward em. plus i can believe his conclusion about coco, and think it makes sense that hes backing off, but keeping an eye on her. its not a strong town tell, but hes aight.

i can live with this

have any players left any sort of an impression on you thus far?

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
hes got what looks like the drive to scum hunt. its not much, and i dont agree with a lot of his conclusions, but for early D1 its enough to make me not draw much suspicion toward em. plus i can believe his conclusion about coco, and think it makes sense that hes backing off, but keeping an eye on her. its not a strong town tell, but hes aight.
Fair enough.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
##Yolo, is there a list for people who would potentially want to replace in? I've seen a lot of people viewing the thread today, so I'm sure at least some of them are interested in the game.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
It'd also be foolish for anyone to claim roles.
Soooo...
Well you could lynch me I don't have any power besides speaking anyways.
I still think this a tad contradictory. Why did you change your mind on this? I think I pointed out the claim before, but I never noticed what you said about claiming on page 2. It goes against exactly what you did.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
I don't like the lack of reasoning he provided, and I'm also concerned that he's giving everyone a pass towards town/null. There's a possibility that he's trying to be active without actually contributing anything. I don't like Post 196 because it seems passive--"we'll end up with an inactive lynch" ignores his ability to try and influence it otherwise. Looking back, I'm having trouble finding posts where he actually gives thoughts about this specific game.

Bossanova

Inkling
Catchup notes

Page 1:
Squid's 32 is a bit weird. Don't know how voting first is suspicious unless he's just trying to bait a reaction from bruce. Initially dislike, but didn't want to get too in-depth about it as it might've already been progressed or answered.

Bruce's willingness to try and get people into the game is pretty good. Like the pro-active style. Initial town-lean.

h.Jc's post about him being town is null-scum to me. Really don't like when players state things ilke that as it comes off as an appeal and is for the most part useless.

Page 2:
Squid still being weird to me. #42. Don't know why he responded to h.Jc's statement about him being town. I really feel like he's trying to play the role as town but not actually doing anything that town would actually do, which is scumhunting or attempting to get discussion going. Two posts that are mostly useless don't give me a food feeling.

Initial FoS on Squid.

Bruce impressions are still fine. Nothing changed in terms of how I read him last page. I don't know know his experience and he could very much be fooling me, but I trust him for now. One thing to note is him being startled over African American voting him, which I don't get why he'd ask if he knows that it's RVS. Not as strong in my town-read now.

#48 xCoCo asking if mafia kills at night reads immediate noob-town. I don't think they're an experienced user who quite understands how forum mafia works, as they mentioned only epicmafia in the first page. Town-read.

African American gives me nothing that makes me feel town or scum so far. I'll probably wait until they make a move.

Like JeXs' post. #63. Would've asked the same if I was here.

@Bruce Squillus, in regards to your #65 about thinking scum usually = lurking, what do you think about the lesser active players right now? Do you think any of the active players could be scum?

h.Jc feeling weird to me also. Don't like the side comments that don't lead to anything, makes me feel like he's just trying to fit in. Don't know if h.Jc and Squid could both be scum though because I don't think mafia would interact in such a way that they did in #42.

Nothing else to note aside from that based on that page.

Page 3:
Like h.Jc's initiave to throw a FoS out finally like in #98. Kinda like his direction but not really all that much. I like the initiative at the least. I believe that's the first time someone actually FoS'ed someone so far, unless I missed people actually doing more besides stating the obvious.

Really wishing bruce would do more besides look pretty and talk. Really want to see him get his feet wet. My town-read is starting to diminish from earlier unless he picks it up.

@JeXs #104 Really? You think all scum is just lurking? I don't think that's a good assumption. You didn't suspect Squid for his #63 like I initially thought you did because you questioned it?

Town-read h.JC for his #109 even if I don't agree. Very risky for him to question XCoCo like that whom was being town-read by the majority of posters. It's such a risk that I don't feel scum would make but instead just go with the flow. I don't think I agree though and I'm rpetty sure xCoCo is being genuine.

Page 4:

Agree with #125 from African American. Town-read alone based on feeling like he's on the same page as me. Wouldn't lynch today.

Still really liking Jc.

Don't like Squid's #151. Don't know where he's been but the fact he came back only to explain a joke vote is very offputing. Scum read.

Page 5:
Not liking JeXs still. Just too much talk for my tastes and not enough action. I don't like him parroting African American at all. Scum read.

Squid's #176 is interesting. Perhaps brutal honesty to not know who to vote for? Could just be playing dumb but I don't know yet. I still dislike his previous actions so I don't see myself being too lenient.

JeXs, I really don't know why you don't have a scum-read just yet. I think there's been plenty content to pursue so no idea why you're sitting on your thumbs.

Margi not knowing who to vote for is null but I could town-read it alone if he were a noob. Don't know how to feel. I kinda like his #199 and #200 from the more-so noobtown perspective.

Thought I'd get this out there before people think I'm slacking still.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
I don't like the lack of reasoning he provided, and I'm also concerned that he's giving everyone a pass towards town/null. There's a possibility that he's trying to be active without actually contributing anything. I don't like Post 196 because it seems passive--"we'll end up with an inactive lynch" ignores his ability to try and influence it otherwise. Looking back, I'm having trouble finding posts where he actually gives thoughts about this specific game.
Do you think it's a possibility that his lack of scum/suspicious reads is due to scum blindness? (I.e; scum not being able to form cohesive reads because they're unsure if they want to deem someone town or scum...) We never learn anything from inactive lynch's and they're practically the worst things to ever exist.

Bossanova

Inkling
Tentative reads

Town: jC, Margi, xCoCo
Null: African, Squillus
Null scum: Squid
Scum: JeXs

Anyone I'm missing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom