Mafia 1 | D2

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
@Bruce Squillus, in regards to your #65 about thinking scum usually = lurking, what do you think about the lesser active players right now? Do you think any of the active players could be scum?
Funny you should ask, I was about to say Jexs isn't looking too hot atm. Newer players are usually less active, with the exception of Coco, she's been around a fair amount. Scum does not = lurking, but as a general statement, lurking is scummy. I've seen scum hide in plain sight on multiple occasions, and some people are really fricken good at it. In regards to active players being scum, right now Jexs isn't my main man.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Catchup notes

Page 1:
Squid's 32 is a bit weird. Don't know how voting first is suspicious unless he's just trying to bait a reaction from bruce. Initially dislike, but didn't want to get too in-depth about it as it might've already been progressed or answered.

Bruce's willingness to try and get people into the game is pretty good. Like the pro-active style. Initial town-lean.

h.Jc's post about him being town is null-scum to me. Really don't like when players state things ilke that as it comes off as an appeal and is for the most part useless.

Page 2:
Squid still being weird to me. #42. Don't know why he responded to h.Jc's statement about him being town. I really feel like he's trying to play the role as town but not actually doing anything that town would actually do, which is scumhunting or attempting to get discussion going. Two posts that are mostly useless don't give me a food feeling.

Initial FoS on Squid.

Bruce impressions are still fine. Nothing changed in terms of how I read him last page. I don't know know his experience and he could very much be fooling me, but I trust him for now. One thing to note is him being startled over African American voting him, which I don't get why he'd ask if he knows that it's RVS. Not as strong in my town-read now.

#48 xCoCo asking if mafia kills at night reads immediate noob-town. I don't think they're an experienced user who quite understands how forum mafia works, as they mentioned only epicmafia in the first page. Town-read.

African American gives me nothing that makes me feel town or scum so far. I'll probably wait until they make a move.

Like JeXs' post. #63. Would've asked the same if I was here.

@Bruce Squillus, in regards to your #65 about thinking scum usually = lurking, what do you think about the lesser active players right now? Do you think any of the active players could be scum?

h.Jc feeling weird to me also. Don't like the side comments that don't lead to anything, makes me feel like he's just trying to fit in. Don't know if h.Jc and Squid could both be scum though because I don't think mafia would interact in such a way that they did in #42.

Nothing else to note aside from that based on that page.

Page 3:
Like h.Jc's initiave to throw a FoS out finally like in #98. Kinda like his direction but not really all that much. I like the initiative at the least. I believe that's the first time someone actually FoS'ed someone so far, unless I missed people actually doing more besides stating the obvious.

Really wishing bruce would do more besides look pretty and talk. Really want to see him get his feet wet. My town-read is starting to diminish from earlier unless he picks it up.

@JeXs #104 Really? You think all scum is just lurking? I don't think that's a good assumption. You didn't suspect Squid for his #63 like I initially thought you did because you questioned it?

Town-read h.JC for his #109 even if I don't agree. Very risky for him to question XCoCo like that whom was being town-read by the majority of posters. It's such a risk that I don't feel scum would make but instead just go with the flow. I don't think I agree though and I'm rpetty sure xCoCo is being genuine.

Page 4:

Agree with #125 from African American. Town-read alone based on feeling like he's on the same page as me. Wouldn't lynch today.

Still really liking Jc.

Don't like Squid's #151. Don't know where he's been but the fact he came back only to explain a joke vote is very offputing. Scum read.

Page 5:
Not liking JeXs still. Just too much talk for my tastes and not enough action. I don't like him parroting African American at all. Scum read.

Squid's #176 is interesting. Perhaps brutal honesty to not know who to vote for? Could just be playing dumb but I don't know yet. I still dislike his previous actions so I don't see myself being too lenient.

JeXs, I really don't know why you don't have a scum-read just yet. I think there's been plenty content to pursue so no idea why you're sitting on your thumbs.

Margi not knowing who to vote for is null but I could town-read it alone if he were a noob. Don't know how to feel. I kinda like his #199 and #200 from the more-so noobtown perspective.

Thought I'd get this out there before people think I'm slacking still.
I've played Mafia before. I'm just new to forum mafia mostly (its very different to the reads you make in table mafia) but it won't take me too long to figure out. I'm just trying to work out what to pick out from all of the posts atm 'cause it is hard to get a read this early on. It will get easier later on tho :)

Anyway, I can't make a full post now 'cause I have to be somewhere (got a party until 1 am :]) but I'll make a full post in the morning and try to say what I see from the thread so far. This'll involve me re-reading once or twice, but I hope I do well :) Good night y'all :)

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Also I wouldn't be too surprised of we are missing a read for Xyvon and its giving us trouble.

@Bossanova in your wall post you implied liking me and squillis, and then in your reads summary you put us as null. sure theyre tentative, but is there any particular reason that we arent more than null aside from "reassess later?"

also i skimmed that for the most part and will read in full when i come back later tonight, so if its answered in the post ill end up finding it.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
FOS Bruce
I feel like the more recent questions to African American and myself are pointed to get us to think down certain lines of logic. I also don't like the following quote from 195.

The town is as blind as the scum...
Not a good sign.
Everyone is conflicted with who they want to vote. Most of that has to do with no one appearing singularly "scummy". The scum won't always appear scummy for you, I'm afraid. At this point, people may want to try a different approach.
I don't really see the point to it, except to try and appear as a concerned townie.

YOLOSWAG

Inkling
Drez has replaced Xyvon!

Votecount

Bossanova (1): Squid Master

Not Voting (8): Bossanova, Marigi, Drez, xCoco, JeXs, African American, h.JC, Bruce Squillis

deadline is 11:59pm est june 17

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
h.Jc's post about him being town is null-scum to me. Really don't like when players state things ilke that as it comes off as an appeal and is for the most part useless.
What about it seems desperate? If I asked you, "are you town?" how would you respond?

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
FOS Bruce
I feel like the more recent questions to African American and myself are pointed to get us to think down certain lines of logic. I also don't like the following quote from 195.

I don't really see the point to it, except to try and appear as a concerned townie.
That's not the full post, though. It the latter half of the post, I explain how people should be using gut-reads more often instead of just relying off of posts to support their arguments. Thus, I followed up by giving a different approach within that post. I'm not going to say some random BS then not actually do anything about it.

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
I think his concern was from the unprompted nature of my announcement.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Yo what up. I replaced Xyvon. I'll catch up in a bit.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
##Vote: Jexs
Whenever he chimes in, I feel like he barely does anything. He had some ok posts early on, with the discrepancy about Squid, but after him and I went into IC mode to help Coco, he never really did anything after that. Then he said he didn't have any scum-reads, let alone strong suspicions, something I still find hard to believe, and he brought up lynching an inactive, (the worst strategy town could possibly do is shoot in the dark). A lot of his posts have just been minute random details, like "what is a multi-quote?" "I like your activity level" and "Really just waiting on the others for me atm...". All nice things, but they aren't really constructive. They're just filler posts.
When I asked him if he was considering voting Squid, he said something along the lines of "Naw, I'll wait." He had a pretty darn good reason to vote him from his first post, until Squid called it off as a joke 3 pages later.
JC steps in and notices Jex's fillerishness:
h.JC said:
JeXs said:
Oh, and since we aren't allowed to edit our posts, we can use what bruce just did here, "edit by way of post" to edit any mistakes we might have made in our post. Or you could just use EBWOP if you don't want to type the whole thing out.
throwing out the weakest of fos's on this. seems to be trying really hard hard to appear helpful without actually offering anything. however, we have about a page of people offering advice, which is why it isn't that strong at all. i'm not sure what about this post is setting me off compared to the rest he and bruce are posting.
This just about sums it up. It's the useless posts among the "meh" ones that strike me as odd. On top of all this, he hasn't voted at all yet, and I'm curious to see if he actually will.
I know Jexs is asleep, but at least he'll have something to respond to when he wakes up.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Coco, since you are reading, let me get some quick input from you. What's your read on Hi.jc, Bruce, and Boss Nova? Just wondering. Also, how do you act as scum/town in epic mafia? I'm still catching up, but this would help me to get a bead on you.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Coco, since you are reading, let me get some quick input from you. What's your read on Hi.jc, Bruce, and Boss Nova? Just wondering. Also, how do you act as scum/town in epic mafia? I'm still catching up, but this would help me to get a bead on you.
I'll reply in just a second going on my computer!

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Uhm, personally I find myself a lot less active in EM as Scum. I tend to reply a whole lot less and just sort of "sit" in the background I notice I tend to be overlooked so it's easy for me to just be there. When I\m town I tend to be more active and do my best to protect the power roles (it helps since in EM you kno which roles are there and which ones aren't)

I think that is the gist - I haven't EM for years.

I'm not good with reading but I still feel fishy about JC especially since he was trying to find every small excuse against me. I have no clue about Bruce and Boss though esp since Boss just posted once.

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
Boss may have posted only a few times, but he literally posted an entire day's worth of content. I give him cred for being that thorough in his insertion to the game.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Oh, this is an important question as well.
Voting for someone because they voted first seems like the most fabricated reason to vote someone I've ever heard.
Why did you respond to a question not addressed to you?

So, is squid master your most likely lynch candidate even though he hasn't responded to the questions laid out for him? Are you practicing patience by not voting him to await his reply? I usually expect people to be inactive another 24 hours before they're able to post again, but that might be too much time considering the deadline.
Did you find it suspicious that he did not vote immediately? What do you think he should have done if he was thinking in a townie mindset? Answer this after Jexs responds to you.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
@Bruce Squillis: Awesome name, I love it. Why did you push Jexs after Boss Nova posted? Why not anytime before? This you can answer before he responds. What is your opinion of Boss Nova's recent post/reads?
@African American: Read on Boss Nova, Jex, and Bruce?
@Bossanova ova: Why is Jex scum in one sentence? Why aren't you voting? Could you go more into why you are town reading Margi, seeing you see it as a town noob. I don't see it though. Null to me.
@h.JC: Read on Bruce, Jex, and Bossanova?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom