• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Mahi Mahi Resort

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
This map is Beautiful :D I think that this'll work really well as a competitive map.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
This map seems more brighter than the rest of the maps, don't get me wrong, Arowana mall look cool and all, Kelp dome has vegetation growing in the "green houses" (perhaps?) but all this water and seeing those jelly fish baking in the sun (Not to mention the few playing with a ball) makes this stage the most aesthetically pleasing to look at...well,in my opinion anyway.

The one thing i avoided when on this map was using Kraken or Bubbler on those small platforms. I'm pretty sure this map will cut down the time spent being chased by krakens if you just hop on a small platform, then shoot the Kraken and watch it drown xD

So this actually might be a map where we'll see less invincibility specials?...Probably not xD

Ahh and Callie and Marie made a quote on last second Inkstrikes!... Ahh, but i can't remember what Marie called them.. It was "ULTIMATE" something or rather. It seemed worth mentioning though since it usually happens every match i play turf wars on.

So, despite having a total 100% loss rate on this map so far, i quite like it xD
Yes, there is an unusual amount of brightness tof thus map. I find it a bit distracting. Also, this map makes falling into the water less embarrassing and more funny.

One thing I noted is just how open the map is. I mean chargers can be in the large areas near mid and be perfectly fine. At the same time, its openness can pose a real problem for those without range.

But I do like this map. It may be a new favorite...

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
Yes, there is an unusual amount of brightness tof thus map. I find it a bit distracting. Also, this map makes falling into the water less embarrassing and more funny.

One thing I noted is just how open the map is. I mean chargers can be in the large areas near mid and be perfectly fine. At the same time, its openness can pose a real problem for those without range.

But I do like this map. It may be a new favorite...
Yeah I'll admit the brightness is a bit distracting, but it gives the colors a more vibrant look. I thought there were new colors when I first played the map!

ParanoidDrone

Full Squid
NNID
ParanoidDrone
Yeah I'll admit the brightness is a bit distracting, but it gives the colors a more vibrant look. I thought there were new colors when I first played the map!
Yeah, I had legitimate trouble figuring out if the opponent was yellow or lime green last night. First time that's ever happened.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I'm also on the "too bright" boat. The way the sun shines there made it difficult to tell my teammates apart from our respawn point in the intro. Though for some reason I don't have that same issue with the other team?

Other than that, it's a pretty fun stage and I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't show up in tomorrow's Splatfest for whatever reason.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Other than that, it's a pretty fun stage and I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't show up in tomorrow's Splatfest for whatever reason.
It's gonna look amazing during Splatfest... well, it BETTER look amazing.

Hopefully Mahi Mahi Resort and Mesuem d'Alfonsino are in Splatfest. e-e I'll be slightly dissapoint if they're not.

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
So yeah, this map is also kind of rough for Rainmaker. It's so easy to get killed by something you can't see as the Rainmaker and the recoil from using a charged up Rainmaker shot is super scary sometimes... 0.0

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It's gonna look amazing during Splatfest... well, it BETTER look amazing.

Hopefully Mahi Mahi Resort and Mesuem d'Alfonsino are in Splatfest. e-e I'll be slightly dissapoint if they're not.
I'm pretty sure that at least Mahi Mahi Resort will be (like when Hammerhead Bridge came out), but the Museum has a pretty big chance too. I'm just praying that we don't have to deal with a certain oil rig again :confused:

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
This map is SOOOOOOO bright... and i think it resembles a TF2 map or like brand because of the battlements.

(Which goes to say, chargers dominate this map)

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I'm pretty sure that at least Mahi Mahi Resort will be (like when Hammerhead Bridge came out), but the Museum has a pretty big chance too. I'm just praying that we don't have to deal with a certain oil rig again :confused:
Both are new maps and new maps tend to show up during Splatfest... though personally, I'd rather put up with the oil rig than a particular set of towers or shopping center. XD

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
While i haven't experienced rainmaker on mahi mahi, why did they give the mode that needs plenty of ground the water level dynamic in it's configuration?

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Rainmaker here is weird. I don't think I've seen so many paths to the Rainmaker goal before. It can get confusing sometimes where to go, but after finding some paths, it looks like I've figured out what to do when I hold the Rainmaker.

I'm hoping for Arowana Mall, finally. We'll find out in about four hours...

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
>tfw it shows up anyway.

But yeah, I'm also hoping Arowana's available and not holding another Splatfest viewing party/doorbuster sale again. Those are getting pretty old fast...

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
When I first played this map I thought I'd hate it, but now I think it's one of my favourites. I like it for all three ranked modes, especially rainmaker, and I like it for turf wars too.

Yes, it's too bright (I thought it was just my bad tv screen) but apparently not.

Still. Love this map.

Also, this map makes falling into the water less embarrassing and more funny.
Totally! Maybe it won't happen so much when we all get used to it, but I have been enjoying watching everyone (Including myself) fall in the water time and time again. Especially funny was a person who activated their Kraken and jumped in the water. Hahaha. And I think twice, I've been using a charger and walked backwards into it. Heheh.

Cassandra

Inkling
NNID
groosinator
I've played on this map a bit, and while it is very beautiful, I don't like playing on it very much. It doesn't really work with my Inkbrush playstyle, and Splat Chargers are always picking me off, which is fairly frustrating.

Dragonuto

Pro Squid
Community Ambassador
NNID
Dragonuto
I enjoy playing Bucket Deco on this map, because it's so easy to cover the small platforms with a single slosh! Which means making paths is really quick and easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom