• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mahi Mahi Resort

Robogamer64

Inkling
This is probably the most fun and strategic map mechanic so far. Its really fun especially on Splat Zones

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
This map is a lot of fun! So far one thing I've found is that some of the small isolated floating platforms are good spots for beakons.

Also, I love how flat this map is, and how easy it is to get around the whole place. It also just looks amazing aesthetically.

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
A really unique map but there are some elements I dislike:
- The brightness hue could be a bit less, it's too bright.
- It feels very cramped and small, though I using both the E-litre 3k scope and Luna Blaster (very long and very short ranged weapons) there. The length of the map is around 3x 3k-scope shots, and 2x in width, but as there are so many obstacles there are only 2-3 good spots to use. For the lunar blaster I feel that there is an obstacle close to my range of the weapon.

Nonetheless, it is a fun map with a complete change at 1:30 which keeps throwing me off (haha) and a lot of deaths by water (a speck of enemy ink just when I am about to jump and lose momentum)

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I was noticing that too, not sure why this map is so unusually bright. I must admit, I actually kind of like it though. Not sure why :p
The map's brightness could be due to the combination of an open air setting, the white floor and the water reflections :cool:

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It'd be funny if this map had an extra feature that the glare is less extreme as long as you're wearing some kind of sunglasses, any brand :D

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
It'd be funny if this map had an extra feature that the glare is less extreme as long as you're wearing some kind of sunglasses, any brand :D
Like Super Mario Sunshine? Dude, that would be awesome!

Agimé

Inkling
I love Mahi Mahi Resort, although it isn't very good for players under level 20 for levelling up. Also, there are at
least three escape routes from the spawn point if there's an opponent camper near your spawn point, which is great. Although I still need to get used to this map so I don't continue fallin in the water, I have a high opinion of it. However, very often, I see people missing these areas after the water levels drop, so although it's small, it's a nice place to rack up a few points. There are multiple areas like them, and it's compatible with most weapons. :)

Last edited:

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I love the jelly fish wedding in the distance soooo cute!

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
The map's brightness could be due to the combination of an open air setting, the white floor and the water reflections :cool:
Could be, haha, but I doubt it. There are plenty of open-air maps, and if you compare the team colours at the start of a match (spawn), you will notice they are more intense than on other maps.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Could be, haha, but I doubt it. There are plenty of open-air maps, and if you compare the team colours at the start of a match (spawn), you will notice they are more intense than on other maps.
None of those other maps have bright white floors and water reflections.

AZOR AHAI

Senior Squid
NNID
ogetsu
The brightness is awful. Rainmaker on that level with pink and yellow ink...the rainmaker was near impossible to see when it was swimming against the yellow/green ink. I was able to swim right past opponents, and they were able to swim right past us (when on team yellow/green). I call BS. It looks terrible. Fun map, but ruined by the neon ink colors/saturation/brightness.

Doxt

Inkling
NNID
DonDion
The brightness is awful. Rainmaker on that level with pink and yellow ink...the rainmaker was near impossible to see when it was swimming against the yellow/green ink. I was able to swim right past opponents, and they were able to swim right past us (when on team yellow/green). I call BS. It looks terrible. Fun map, but ruined by the neon ink colors/saturation/brightness.
I don't have this problem, perhaps you need to adjust your contrast/color settings?

AZOR AHAI

Senior Squid
NNID
ogetsu
I don't have this problem, perhaps you need to adjust your contrast/color settings?
It seems a bit muted after the update, but no, I tried adjusting the saturation setting on my tv, and it was still disproportionate to other maps. It's only an issue on mahi. (not to sound like a douche, but I do color management for design & print professionally, so this was my first course of action)

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
This map has a tendancy for comical moments if I use the Bamboozlers, because there are lots of times when squids need to jump over water. And jumping squids are the best charger targets... but it takes two hits with the Bamboozlers so instead of killing them with the shot it will instead stop their momentum and make them crash into the water.

I've gotten at least 10 sort of kills just by dunking squids in the water xD

rindetta

Inkling
NNID
HIT_TEH_QUAN
This map is GREAT for any chargers or E-Liters. Though it's a bit tough jumping from platform to platform, it pays off later on in the battle.

Anyways, this map is good for snipers because there are a lot of good areas to snipe at, and what I like to do is snipe through the railing that becomes accessible when the water level rises.

But because this is a new map, it has a few bugs and flaws. I bet you've seen some complaints about it already, ahah.

Have fun splatting, errbody.

PowrToPlay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jdb1984
7.8/10, Too much water.

Okay, overused jokes aside, this actually applied to me. When it appeared in the last Splatfest, I seemed to find new ways to fall or land in the water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom