• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Major Splatoon Leak! Rainmaker Mode Revealed & More! Beware of Spoilers! (Obviously)

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
The {0E0000000300020000}Carbon Roller Deco{0E000000030002ffff} is a
Carbon Roller specially
decorated by top designers.{0E000000040000}It can be hard inking a path
quickly with a roller, but
{0E0000000300020000}Seekers {0E000000030002ffff}and {0E0000000300020000}Bomb Rush {0E000000030002ffff}can
help you to do just that!{0E000000040000}Now you can approach foes
quickly and swing your
roller in their face! Perfect
for hit-and-run tactics!
Oh god help us all.

And hey, after all the talk about how Capture the Flag could work in Splatoon, turns out that's kinda what Rainmaker is. Neutral flag in the center of the map, and you cap by taking it to the opponent's base instead of your own. Reminds me of TagPro's neutral flag mode.

Ryuho

Pro Squid
NNID
FurryRyuho
Wow there's really that much there already? Im happy that we are going to be getting more stuff but I wish more of this stuff wasnt just being held back to be held back. At the least it would have helped with the whole "light on content" situation on launch.
Though a bunch of the stuff sounds cool. Or weird and frustrating like with that skyscraper stage

Tigurr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
disasterbreak
Inkbrush Nouveau – Ink Mines & Bubbler
Octobrush – Squid Beakons & Kraken
Octobrush Nouveau – Splat Bombs & Inkzooka
As someone who mains Inkbrush I'm looking forward to trying these. I can never resist the temptation to leap down on enemies but it doesn't always end well...maybe the Bubbler can help there...

Skyscraper looks awful...therefore I am looking forward to it.

Kairo

Pro Squid
NNID
smartmadboy
Well the Skyscraper Map is the map we saw at the start of the Splatfest Video presumably.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
I wonder when we'll get the Octoling Splattershot as a usable weapon, since there's Octoling versions of the Roller and Brush buried in the game.
Or heck, let's just Octo-fy half the game's weapons, all leading up to the epic reveal of playable Octolings in both genders. It'll be like playing as Elites and using Covenant and Forerunner weapons in the Halo series.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
@Shirma Akayaku the images you have up for the range blaster look more like some sort of charger (maybe the bamboozler 14?). the range blaster is down with the regular blaster, with a slightly longer barrel.

also, there's an image of a 96 deco that the leaker seems to have overlooked

Edit: some quick analysis, apologies for the faceroll typing (sort of in a hurry)
- of the five subclasses of weapons that are already released (neo s-o-m, n-zap 89, l-3 d, ds custom, inkbrush nouveau), nothing really stands out as particularly strong.
- inkbrush w/ mines & bubbler looks like a hilarious gimmick (walk up to people and set a mine at their feet kind of thing) but ultimately pretty ineffective. the bubbler definitely elevates it from joke tier though.
- neo s-o-m (I'm going to miss being able to call it the s-o-m...) has inkzooka. considering that the other s-o-m is a weapon that lets you get suction rush (and this is a weapon that lets you get inkzooka), it'll be effective; there's also an interesting synergy between burst and zooka where burst bombs can stop people from circlestrafing your inkzooka and get you out of that annoying situation where you are stuck in enemy ink with an inkzooka.
- n-zap 89 is meh. sprinklers are nice and inkstrike has its uses but they do absolutely nothing to alleviate its weaknesses as a main, so it'll be mid level. it's a little better than the original n-zap though, I'd say.
- l-3 d is interesting. one of the biggest problems with the l-3 is its high minimum range (people can circlestrafe you really easily), and both burst bombs and kraken do a LOT to fix those problems. hard to say how effective it will actually be, but the fact that you're actually up close to the enemy with this thing (as compared to the custom e-liter and custom js) means it'll make better use of the kraken, more easily.
- dual squelcher custom is a dual squelcher so it's automatically bad, but wail carries it a little. interesting how the beacon fits into this set; the ds has a wider range of possible map positions than the krak-on or the e-liter (e-liter will be defensive, krak-on offensive, ds could be either), but the ds's awfulness will keep it well into the lower tiers

and for the new weapons:
- carbon roller is described as a lighter splat roller. this definitely means faster flicks, and the trade-off will either be less 1sk range, or less range period. considering that rollers are already awful weapons, the range will likely cripple it... is what I would say if one of them didn't have burst + zooka. and seeker rush promises to be hilarious.
- sploosh-o-matic looks like it'll have a wider spread and maybe higher damage/ink consumption. hard to say at this point, of course, but that's what the description seems to imply. either way, beacon/wail is meh but sensor/kraken on a short range weapon promises to be a ton of fun. it'll be the fastest kraken charge in the game, so cue the pubstomps
- luna blaster looks like it'll be annoying. probably inkbrush range osks or some noise like that. blasters are held back by their short range and the luna blaster looks to just take that even further.
- range blaster has your choice between ink wall/inkstrike (which is very strong) and splat/kraken (which is hilarious). thing with blasters is that they have a sort of minimum range (as I was alluding to before); kraken is what kills things that get into this min range, and splat bombs extend its max range. overall, the kits are excellent. the weapon just needs to deliver, and it very well might.
- let's just ignore the rapid blaster pro because the regular rapid blaster is incredibly bad and making it longer range so its shots fizzle on EVERY SINGLE THING will not help it much
- h-3 nozzlenose should be a one burst kill, with lower RoF during the burst. both its kits are quite good (suction is great, zooka is great), so if the weapon's good, both will be solid.
- octobrush might actually be good, and I don't just mean compared to the rollers. splat/zooka is, as already stated, amazing, and the octobrush should be a very fast special builder. not only that, but beacon/kraken on the regular octobrush sounds like the sort of thing that could actually work against organised teams, where the krak-on wouldn't (because of how slow it is). again, it all depends on how good the weapon is; if it's a 3sk (which I think it will be), it'll actually be able to outfight things (unlike the inkbrush, which literally can't outfight a trigger spam charger)

the other weapons seem to be a charger of some sort (I hope), three types of "lobber" weapon (grenade launcher of some sort?), two gatling weapons (low move speed/accelerating rate of fire?), and the .96 gal deco, which I think was just overlooked by the leaker.

Last edited:

CoopLan

Squid Streamer
NNID
LanceHS
I'm glad to see we have so much content lined up. This will most likely carry us to august in which will we will get a major update. I'm excited for the future of this game.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Heard about all of this! Exciting! Good to hear a lot of new content is on the way.

With that said, I'm slightly concerned about how DLC will be handled. Like are those all the maps we are getting forever? Because the number of weapons have me concerned seeing as I could easily see those added across months.

Either way, these weapons look fantastic, and the roller and charger getting more weapons in a hugely shooter environment is always nice.

Rainmaker is sounding like an interesting mode. A reverse capture the flag if you will. Looking forward to it, but we are getting tower control first obviously, and that mode also looks good.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
I am glad they made a capture the flag variant. There was plenty of discussion on the boards about how it would be perfect for Splatoon and it looks like the devs agreed with us. The permanent Inkzooka while carrying the Rainmaker sounds a little iffy even if you are slowed while carrying the Rainmaker. Will be fun to see how players deal with that once we get our hands on the game mode. I think Seekers and Splat Bombs will be really good at taking out carriers since it will probably be difficult to approach them head on. Can't wait for Rain Maker and the Tower mode to be released!

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
There are some interesting sounding weapons. I'm curious as to what the Octobrush is going to be. Rainmaker mode sounds more fun that I thought it'd be, and the new maps look pretty cool too. I'm really excited for all of this and I'm especially excited for August.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Looking forward to the new maps and game mode(s)! Unfortunately, the new weapons don't really stand out to me, so I'm likely to stick with SSJR & Custom variant.

I asked the leaker if we can expect any new gear. . .he/she said they're looking, so just waiting to hear back.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
There are some interesting sounding weapons. I'm curious as to what the Octobrush is going to be. Rainmaker mode sounds more fun that I thought it'd be, and the new maps look pretty cool too. I'm really excited for all of this and I'm especially excited for August.
If you're interested in what some of the weapons look like and their descriptions, you can find it here:
http://squidboards.com/threads/list...plus-unannounced-dlc-weapons.2677/#post-45960

It's also recently added in the first post in this thread.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
well damn, 33 unreleased weapons?

i guess they're going to release them over a steady period over the summer, and change the map pool to having 3 maps instead of 2 once everythings out (which shouldnt be that long!) hopefully other features like being able to recon mode any map besides the ones in the pool will be patched in, as well

im really not sure how to feel about so much unreleased content, but at least its something to look forward to until august when we have private lobbies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom