• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

--MAJOR SPOILERS-- Remaining Unreleased Weapons

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Stack some Special Saver. Keep those Killer Wails a-coming.
I was actually stacking Special Charge ups, though I may use one special saver just because this weapons turf covering isn't the best.

Looking at

:head_eye007: :ability_specialcharge: + :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: or Sun visor :ability_bombrange: + :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:clothes_tel002::ability_bombrange: + :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge: or :clothes_tly008: :ability_specialsaver: + :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:shoes_slo006::ability_specialcharge: + :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Went over Special Charge Up as that keeps the gauge filling and filling fast. However, 3 may be over doing it, and can actually be dropped for special saver which, after one main, can save quite a chunk.

It's really a shame this weapon has a damage cap. :confused:

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
At this rate the octobrush nouveau really will be the last wepon released lol. I was really hoping it would be released, not because i use it myself, but to see it more in ranked.
I doubt it will be released before the Custom Hydra Splatling and the Sloshing Machine Neo. Last weapon of the original weapon classes though? Looks like it.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I was actually stacking Special Charge ups, though I may use one special saver just because this weapons turf covering isn't the best.

Looking at

:head_eye007: :ability_specialcharge: + :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery: or Sun visor :ability_bombrange: + :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:clothes_tel002::ability_bombrange: + :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge: or :clothes_tly008: :ability_specialsaver: + :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:shoes_slo006::ability_specialcharge: + :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Went over Special Charge Up as that keeps the gauge filling and filling fast. However, 3 may be over doing it, and can actually be dropped for special saver which, after one main, can save quite a chunk.

It's really a shame this weapon has a damage cap. :confused:
I'd say go for the Sun Visor and keep :clothes_tly008:(sorry I forget the name of this thing :] go figure). You'll want to play a bit more agressive with Disruptors, but that could be risky, which is why I highly recommend the Special Saver.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
This weapon has "Tower Control" and "Rainmaker" written all over it. ;)

Can't wait to try it out (although that might have to wait until after Chri- errr... I mean Splatmas), it's kit is pretty solid and much like with the Zink Mini Splatling, Tri-Slosher, or the L-3 Nozzlenose, :ability_bombrange: is a must for this weapon.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
This weapon has "Tower Control" and "Rainmaker" written all over it. ;)

Can't wait to try it out (although that might have to wait until after Chri- errr... I mean Splatmas), it's kit is pretty solid and much like with the Zink Mini Splatling, Tri-Slosher, or the L-3 Nozzlenose, :ability_bombrange: is a must for this weapon.
For goodness sake it's SQUIDMAS. Git it rite m80. ;)

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I am seriously so scared of Disruptors on a weapon with as long a range and as fast a fire rate as it has...must practice flanking...
Does that mean you also fear the L-3 Nozzlenose too, since that thing has a longer range and a pretty rapid fire rate in the hands of a skilled user?

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
Does that mean you also fear the L-3 Nozzlenose too, since that thing has a longer range and a pretty rapid fire rate in the hands of a skilled user?
The L-3 doesn't have a longer range than the RBP, not even close. Numbers and the length of the ink trail are meaningless because what makes the RBP the second longest ranged shooter in the game after the Jet Squelcher is its AoE mechanics.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Huh, really? That's interesting then. I don't know much about the Rapid Blaster Pro--its range really is that long? Is it longer than the Range Blaster?

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
Huh, really? That's interesting then. I don't know much about the Rapid Blaster Pro--its range really is that long? Is it longer than the Range Blaster?
Yep. Even the regular Rapid Blaster has more range than the Range Blaster. The RBP outranges a lot of popular weapons, when l use it l often win duels against Splattershot Pros for ex. Against .96 too but it's harder due to the wall.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Yep. Even the regular Rapid Blaster has more range than the Range Blaster. The RBP outranges a lot of popular weapons, when l use it l often win duels against Splattershot Pros for ex. Against .96 too but it's harder due to the wall.
You mean .96 Deco, right? Normal .96 has Sprinklers...but those can be distracting for this weapon too because of the fact that it has the lowest time-to-kill in the game.

Last edited:

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
Loss of seekers is sad? Losing Inkzooka is somewhat sad even if Killer Wail is a very decent special, but seekers aren't a big loss at all. They didn't synergize well with the weapon and you had to struggle to get any use out of them. Disruptors on the other hand seem like a perfect fit. This is going to be a very powerful weapon.
they synergized quite well with the weapon actually. think of seekers as a hadouken. When a high level player throws out a hadouken they don't always expect it to connect. but it provides an obstacle that your opponent needs to avoid, predicting and punishing that behavior is what makes hadoukens good. using this the rbpro has an easier time directing opponents to where the rbp needs them to be, not to mention that 11 subs worth of damage up (on an already damage reliant weapon) will turn the seekers near hit explosion hitbox from 80 to over 100.

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
they synergized quite well with the weapon actually. think of seekers as a hadouken. When a high level player throws out a hadouken they don't always expect it to connect. but it provides an obstacle that your opponent needs to avoid, predicting and punishing that behavior is what makes hadoukens good. using this the rbpro has an easier time directing opponents to where the rbp needs them to be, not to mention that 11 subs worth of damage up (on an already damage reliant weapon) will turn the seekers near hit explosion hitbox from 80 to over 100.
That'd be a good analogy if hadoukens had terrible startup and recovery frames. Seekers are far too slow to deploy, far too easy to dodge and most importantly far too ink hungry to be used consistently as zoning tools except in very particular circumstances.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
There's a big difference between having to dodge a horizontally-travelling fireball in 2D space and having to dodge a Seeker in 3D space.

Also, you still haven't addressed the issue of the Seeker's ink consumption. Good luck trying to punish your opponent's movements when you've just blown through 90% (yes, literally 90%) of your ink tank all in one go. If anything, they'll be the ones punishing you for trying to engage them after wasting so much of your ink.

Reactions: JFL

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Seekers are kind of like the Kraken. Both are easy to avoid if you see them coming ahead of time, but can be useful if used on unaware enemies or as a distraction.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Looks like we're getting the Sloshing Machine Neo first before the Custom Hydra Splatling. I'm surprised, but granted, the Custom Hydra Splatling is going to be SUPER expensive.

Smychavo

Full Squid
NNID
llantonino
Well, the custom hydra should be out by now. Any thoughts about its kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom