--MAJOR SPOILERS-- Remaining Unreleased Weapons

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
The range isn't that short. In fact, as far as the 1-hit KO range goes, it has more than the normal Slosher, because the Slosher hits very weak when farther away. However, the heavy-hitting Slosher can probably 1-Hit KO all-around, giving it much more kill range. Of course, it'll probably throw its ink load at least as slow as a Dynamo Roller can swing, if not slower.

Hmmm, that's tough then for turf. Though, I could see it being really useful in Tower Control or Rainmaker.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Wouldn't a slosher or certain subs be able to overcome a wall? Or is their health that high?
The Slosher can just attack over it, which is also why the Slosher Deco will have the highest Splash Wall priority. The Tri-Slosher on the other hand doesn't have enough range for it to be really practical. As for the Big Ball Launcher, I'm just really curious to see exactly how it performs. Being able to 1-shot kill at close range with the main and far range with sub/special has certainly worked out great for the Carbon Roller, but I'm not sure how much I'm gonna like how slow it is.

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
It'll be nerfed, in Nintendo has any sense. And they nerfed the Kraken when it needed it, so I think they'll do the same here. What I'm most concerned with is if they'll buff Ink Saver Sub and Special Duration Up.

I don't think Hydra Splattling will come before Heavy Splattling Deco, just because the Hydra will be so hard to get used to. Same with the heavy hitting Slosher that we still don't know the name of; the Slosher Deco will come first.
Good point. In any case, I doubt the Heavy Deco will come this week, considering we got two Kraken weapons last week.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Why does everyone think the big ball launcher is a slosher?
"Big Ball" is the prefix for all of the sloshers thus far. "Big Ball Strong" is the file name for the regular Slosher and "Big Ball Diffusion" is the file name for the Tri-Slosher. In fact, all of the different weapons have a prefix to denote what type of weapon it is. "Charge Shot" is chargers, "Normal Shot" are for shooters, "Normal Shot Explosion" is the prefix for Blasters, "Roller" for Rollers, and "Gatling" for Splatlings.

In Example the Dynamo Roller's file name is "Roller Heavy" while the file name for E-Liter 3k is "Charge Shot Long".

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
"Big Ball" is the prefix for all of the sloshers thus far. "Big Ball Strong" is the file name for the regular Slosher and "Big Ball Diffusion" is the file name for the Tri-Slosher. In fact, all of the different weapons have a prefix to denote what type of weapon it is. "Charge Shot" is chargers, "Normal Shot" are for shooters, "Normal Shot Explosion" is the prefix for Blasters, "Roller" for Rollers, and "Gatling" for Splatlings.

In Example the Dynamo Roller's file name is "Roller Heavy" while the file name for E-Liter 3k is "Charge Shot Long".
Oh, sweet. so would the launcher portion of the name indicate a longer range. Are we right in assuming it will one shot or will it be more like a poking weapon like the rb? I mean launcher doesn't really beat strong in terms of damage, right?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Good point. In any case, I doubt the Heavy Deco will come this week, considering we got two Kraken weapons last week.
Good point, plus that'd be 3 alt versions in a row. If we get the Hydra Splatling this week that would mean update 3.0 has to be coming soon.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Lordy I can't wait for that harder hitting slosher. I'm hoping it'll be like the Luna is to blasters; fast hard hits with a short range.

As for the walls, I understand. All this time I assumed they had the health of an Inkling, but I've never had a shoot-out with one without an Inkling behind it!
The range isn't that short. In fact, as far as the 1-hit KO range goes, it has more than the normal Slosher, because the Slosher hits very weak when farther away. However, the heavy-hitting Slosher can probably 1-Hit KO all-around, giving it much more kill range. Of course, it'll probably throw its ink load at least as slow as a Dynamo Roller can swing, if not slower.
Hmmm. That's true too. My guess is then probably Luna Blaster Neo and maybe Rapid Blaster Pro, but it depends on if Nintendo wants to release two Blasters at once.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Oh, sweet. so would the launcher portion of the name indicate a longer range. Are we right in assuming it will one shot or will it be more like a poking weapon like the rb? I mean launcher doesn't really beat strong in terms of damage, right?
One very important thing that I want to mention about the Big Ball Launcher is that according to the code of it that we have right now, it does not have a second nor third bullet group. All Sloshers' attack and inking trail are determined by how many bullet groups there are in its code. The furthest most part is bullet group 1 the middle bullet group 2, and the closest part to you is bullet group 3. This creates three parts to the slosher's trail and its three attack boxes. A way to see this in action is to take the normal slosher in the test room, get extremely close to it, and try to hit it will only the back of your trail. You will find that it only does 40 damage. This is because bullet group three has a set damage of only 40 vs the 70 damage of bullet groups 1 and 2.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller

Hmmm. That's true too. My guess is then probably Luna Blaster Neo and maybe Rapid Blaster Pro, but it depends on if Nintendo wants to release two Blasters at once.
I'm almost certain the Launcher won't be able to OHKO. the damage is listed as 100. But that doesn't mean it does 100 damage.

One very important thing that I want to mention about the Big Ball Launcher is that according to the code of it that we have right now, it does not have a second nor third bullet group. All Sloshers' attack and inking trail are determined by how many bullet groups there are in its code. The furthest most part is bullet group 1 the middle bullet group 2, and the closest part to you is bullet group 3. This creates three parts to the slosher's trail and its three attack boxes. A way to see this in action is to take the normal slosher in the test room, get extremely close to it, and try to hit it will only the back of your trail. You will find that it only does 40 damage. This is because bullet group three has a set damage of only 40 vs the 70 damage of bullet groups 1 and 2.
So would that mean that the launchers damage will be the same throughout?

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Based on it's written stats, it'll have just slightly more range than the Tri-Slosher and should be able to 1-hit kill based on the 100 damage, however it says the Slosher has 90 but it actually does 70 damage per hit, and while it says the Tri-Slosher does 10 less damage, it's actually only 8. I'm just gonna hope that's an inconsistency on their part. Considering it's also gonna be slower and likely less ink efficient, it needs to one hit kill, there wouldn't be much point to it otherwise.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Based on it's written stats, it'll have just slightly more range than the Tri-Slosher and should be able to 1-hit kill based on the 100 damage, however it says the Slosher has 90 but it actually does 70 damage per hit, and while it says the Tri-Slosher does 10 less damage, it's actually only 8. I'm just gonna hope that's an inconsistency on their part. Considering it's also gonna be slower and likely less ink efficient, it needs to one hit kill, there wouldn't be much point to it otherwise.
Where are you getting this data? It is probably not up to date. I actually have the current raw weapon data as of the 2.0 update.
Also, the Big Ball Launcher from what I can tell from the data actually does 140 damage on hit.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Sure

You cannot actually trust those units, they are meant to give you an idea of the actual rankings of the weapons stats. What they really are is the percentages of the lines in sheldon's bar graphs for the weapons, not the hard data. An example of this being flat out wrong is the differences in range between the Splat Charger and the Splatterscope vs the difference in the ranges of E-Liter 3k and the scope version. The difference on that chart is the same being 3 points. However, one thing to note is that in the game this is false. Splatterscope has a difference of 0.5 lines with splat charger while the E-Liters have a difference of 0.7 lines.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
You cannot actually trust those units, they are meant to give you an idea of the actual rankings of the weapons stats. What they really are is the percentages of the lines in sheldon's bar graphs for the weapons, not the hard data
Ah makes sense. Alright this weapon could very well be pretty good then!

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
Now guys, take the Big Ball Launcher's stats with a grain of salt. They probably have not finished the weapon in our data currently, so there may be some stat changes to it, along with the changing of its Sub and Special Weapons.

Sunstone

Let's ink it up... together!
NNID
Paleamethyst
It's still very good info!

The more we talk about it, it almost seems like a bucket version of a blaster....

Relados

Senior Squid
Every time I see a new weapon get released that isn't the Neo Luna Blaster, my soul cries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom