--MAJOR SPOILERS-- Remaining Unreleased Weapons

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
It looks like a Slosher/Blaster hybrid. Which is awesome.

RE: Washing machine size: having lived in Japan when I was younger, I can confirm that washing machines nearly that small do exist. They're WAY too heavy to fling around like that, but then again Inklings can carry around GIANT PAINT ROLLERS so I'd wager that they're significantly stronger than humans in spite of the resemblance. ;)
Yes, it is a slosher/blaster hybrid. Instead of sloshing its ink, it condenses it into a bullet which concentratres all of the slosher's power into one. So it has the movement of the slosher, with the power of the blaster.

I honestly don't think those giant paint rollers are too heavy. Just think about people who carry giant flag poles in marching bands. The paint roller just has to not be made of lead or depleted uranium. The light version of the roller is carbon fibre, after all. So the regular ones could even be hollow aluminium.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I don't know how to feel about this...It's range is more than the Slosher, it looks like. It looks like it's worse at spreading ink. In that video they only shot it one time, so I don't even know how fast you can fire it.

From the looks of it, the slosher definitely spreads more ink. The Slosher has the biggest inking potential in the game. Also I think it's funny that it's a washing machine...but seriously...you don't just carry a washing machine around and flail its innards about, it'd be too heavy! Is it a mini washing machine? What do you wash one shirt at a time?

The Blasters' bullet must not hit the ground to explode and have that that spread effect, correct? Therefore, I see how this balances with the sloshers, since you won't be able to lob over walls with this (although technically you can, but not as well). But it looks like it will be superior to the blasters.

EDIT:

On closer inspection, it DOES lob the bullet over. Which means this is essentially a more accurate slosher (which will make it totally useless for me, as I can't aim). It only makes sense that it does more damage, but a 1 hit kill will be too much, but there has to be something to make it work since all the other sloshers are also 2 hit kills, so the extra accuracy will be pointless.
I'd say it's range looks about the same or less, probably 3 lines vs. the Sloshers 3.2, and all Sloshers have 100% accuracy even when jumping. Not sure if the Blaster comparison is accurate, since they're known for their 1-shot kills and AoE, neither of which the Sloshing Machine seems capable of. Right now the only reason to use it over the Slosher would be it's kits. Point Sensors are definitely better than Sprinklers, especially since they'll help attack enemys behind walls which you'd be doing blindly otherwise. Of course I woulda prefered Echolocater, but unfortunately they put it on the Slosher least capable of attacking over walls. I don't know, I'm just upset that there doesn't seem to be anything that balances out the Sloshing Machine's slowness.

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
I'd say it's range looks about the same or less, probably 3 lines vs. the Sloshers 3.2, and all Sloshers have 100% accuracy even when jumping. Not sure if the Blaster comparison is accurate, since they're known for their 1-shot kills and AoE, neither of which the Sloshing Machine seems capable of. Right now the only reason to use it over the Slosher would be it's kits. Point Sensors are definitely better than Sprinklers, especially since they'll help attack enemys behind walls which you'd be doing blindly otherwise. Of course I woulda prefered Echolocater, but unfortunately they put it on the Slosher least capable of attacking over walls. I don't know, I'm just upset that there doesn't seem to be anything that balances out the Sloshing Machine's slowness.
By accurate, I meant the spread of the weapon. tri-slosher has the biggest spread, while the sloshing machine looks like you have to be more pin-point, than the regular slosher.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Seems almost like the Blaster of Sloshers. If it always takes at least two hits to kill I'm sensing I'm not going to like this weapon, but I'm hoping that since it has a similar path to Blaster that maybe it also has a sweet spot for one hit kills.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
The H-3 D has the same Sub and Special as the same as the Pro Forged, but I don't feel like the H-3 can compete with the Pro. They have similar ranges and the Pro is easier to fire so it seems to be the clear better set.

Then again I've heard the same idea for the Inkbrush and N-Zap 89' but its never stopped me from using the Inkbrush.

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus
Finally, the Luna Neo. Just when everyone I play with quits, too. Ah well.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I think this weeks weapon(s) should be pretty clear, atleast their type, as we only have 2 Shooters left and we just got 2 at once, only 1 Roller and 1 Charger left, but still 4 Splatlings and 4 Sloshers. Think they'll either give us both the Heavy Splatling Deco and Slosher Deco to mimic their debut, or it'll just be the Hydra Splatling. I'm obviously hoping for the former. :L

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I think this weeks weapon(s) should be pretty clear, atleast their type, as we only have 2 Shooters left and we just got 2 at once, only 1 Roller and 1 Charger left, but still 4 Splatlings and 4 Sloshers. Think they'll either give us both the Heavy Splatling Deco and Slosher Deco to mimic their debut, or it'll just be the Hydra Splatling. I'm obviously hoping for the former. :L
Probably Heavy Splattling Deco, maybe Slosher Deco too. If not with the Slosher Deco then either with the Octobrush Nouveau or the Neo Sploosh-o-Matic.

Yellowkirbyguy

Senior Squid
I personally think the Zink Mini Splatling might come with the Neo Sploosh-O-Matic Not for any reason in particular except that Zink would be the last (for now?) brand to be introduced to a weapon. You know what i mean.

Do you think there could potentially be a "Piercing" weapon in the future for Splatoon? i think it'd be cool to see a weapon that could pierce through multiple opponents. Like, it could do full damage on the first target it hits, then half on the next, half again etc. I don't know, just a random thing that just popped in my head.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
I personally think the Zink Mini Splatling might come with the Neo Sploosh-O-Matic Not for any reason in particular except that Zink would be the last (for now?) brand to be introduced to a weapon. You know what i mean.

Do you think there could potentially be a "Piercing" weapon in the future for Splatoon? i think it'd be cool to see a weapon that could pierce through multiple opponents. Like, it could do full damage on the first target it hits, then half on the next, half again etc. I don't know, just a random thing that just popped in my head.
No, I'm pretty sure Nintendo would want to release the Heavy Splattling Deco and Hydra Splattling before the Zink Mini Splattling. Same goes for the Slosher Deco and Sloshing Machine before the Tri-Slosher Nouveau.

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
No, I'm pretty sure Nintendo would want to release the Heavy Splattling Deco and Hydra Splattling before the Zink Mini Splattling. Same goes for the Slosher Deco and Sloshing Machine before the Tri-Slosher Nouveau.
Luna Blaster Neo stares at with an angry, unsatisfied face. In all seriousness we could make predictions all we want, but the problem is that Nintendo has shaken up release times of certain weapons like Luna Blaster Neo and Custom Range Blaster. Luna came way later than predicted while custom range far earlier.

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
I'd love to see how the Slosher works out with the Splash wall. The Splash wall uses 75% of your ink tank right? So that means Ink Saver main would help?
Ink recovery up might help a lot more, 2 mains gets another wall ready if it wasn't touched and you'll still be able to get shots in if your wall gets suction bombed, then again this is 96 deco advice, I plan on picking up slosher for this weapon so I wouldn't know if ink saver or recovery was already used on a slosher. I plan on using these 2 pieces of gear

and either :shoes_sht002: or :shoes_trs000:. I might use :shoes_trs000: cause 2 defense ups are way better than just one.

cwjakesteel

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
cwjakesteel
Ink recovery up might help a lot more, 2 mains gets another wall ready if it wasn't touched and you'll still be able to get shots in if your wall gets suction bombed, then again this is 96 deco advice, I plan on picking up slosher for this weapon so I wouldn't know if ink saver or recovery was already used on a slosher. I plan on using these 2 pieces of gear

and either :shoes_sht002: or :shoes_trs000:. I might use :shoes_trs000: cause 2 defense ups are way better than just one.
I don't have any experience with splash walls, but Ink Saver Main is better if you don't use your sub weapon often. I imagine that I'm not going to be throwing the ink wall up as often as I would a disrupter or suction bomb.

Ink Saver main will let you get more shots immediately after you use a splash wall, while ink recovery up will let you use your splash wall more quickly in the heat of battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom