--MAJOR SPOILERS-- Remaining Unreleased Weapons

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
I said nothing about having problems with those weapons. I simply said they out range the Splatling. What part of "you're not going to get to just take my wall down" do you not get? No one throws a wall and lies down belly up. . . They're going to take you down while you try to take it out, force you into a corner, flank you from a different location, or you're going to get out of there. Either way, the Splash Wall has done its job. It's as simple as that.

You're right, you don't need to throw up a wall to get away from a Kraken, but if you don't have swim speed up, and they do, they can catch you. A Splash wall stops them in their tracks and gives you a way out. And no, it takes two Kraken attacks to take down a wall. That is a decent chunk of time. More than enough to get your butt out of there. AKA, the wall has done its job.

And That is not the ONLY time a wall will save you. Lol, you are so sure of yourself, it's adorable. There is a reason there are so many Splash Walls up in tour matches man. . . If you know what the hell you're doing with your wall, you should not be going down first. Simple as that.
if you aren't using the wall for cover weapons that outrange you will still outrange you. throwing up a wall and then walking in front of that wall has 1. wasted ink and 2. given your opponent an opportunity to shoot you down or throw a bomb at your wall and kill you. Like what are you even trying to say? what in the world kind of player will shoot at your wall when they can see you charging up a shot??? I can't even understand the point you're trying to make, maybe if you were a roller with a OHKO then you could use the wall as bait, but you aren't a roller your ttk is actually rather high.

Krakens will not catch you if you swim to the sides, the swim speed only comes into account when you are both swimming in a straight line.

Also what the heck is a tour match?? Are you referring to tournaments? Because the only real big tournament since the patch was bb3 and the amount of .96 deco's was definitely lower. not to mention how there were close to, if not zero splatlings. and .96 decos have an easier time utilising their wall bc they have a fast ttk and don't need to charge up, not even a little bit. splash walls don't synergize well with a weapon like the splatling, not anymore at least.

whereas point sensors complement the long range and are ink cheap. Plus you're special isn't total crap.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
We are talking Walls. I moved on from the splatling. But you're not grasping anything, so I'm going to go ahead and exit stage right. Who the ever living. . . hell. . . walks IN FRONT of their wall? And where did I imply any idiot would do that?

I'm done here lol.

I'll simply leave with saying, I did not say the Deco will not be decent, but I am not sure I am willing to drop Splash Walls for Kraken and Point Sensor. Kraken persuades me to give it a try, Point Sensor, not so much. It's not terrible, I'm just not entirely sure I wanna lose my Splash Walls.

Rael

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rael303
I think Kraken is an enough reason to play this weapon. Splatling is weak to close combat and Kraken nullifies that. See how many good players are considering Custom Range Blaster? Regular Range Blaster was (is still) considered the worst one lol.

I agree that Walls + Kraken would've been an insane combo for such a weapon, but whatever, not every weapon has its dream set, and some has really worse stuff (Sploosh o Matics :D). I think regular Heavy Splatling is REALLY good on some maps Splat Zones (huge ink rain + Inkstrike), having Kraken as a tool may help on some others giving Splatling mainers new tools to shine! :o

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I think Kraken is an enough reason to play this weapon. Splatling is weak to close combat and Kraken nullifies that. See how many good players are considering Custom Range Blaster? Regular Range Blaster was (is still) considered the worst one lol.

I agree that Walls + Kraken would've been an insane combo for such a weapon, but whatever, not every weapon has its dream set, and some has really worse stuff (Sploosh o Matics :D). I think regular Heavy Splatling is REALLY good on some maps Splat Zones (huge ink rain + Inkstrike), having Kraken as a tool may help on some others giving Splatling mainers new tools to shine! :scared:
Hey nothing is wrong with the Sploosh's kits, infact the Neo Sploosh has the same one as the Heavy Deco. Now the Aerospray RG and the Inkbrush kits? Just lol.

Rael

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rael303
Hey nothing is wrong with the Sploosh's kits, infact the Neo Sploosh has the same one as the Heavy Deco. Now the Aerospray RG and the Inkbrush kits? Just lol.
To me, a good set must balance out a weapon's weakness. Sploosh sets leaves it a sitting duck against ranged weapons (Killer Wail is much more a support special than something to use in combat). And like, 80% of the game outranges Sploosh. That's why I don't really think it will be an high tier weapon (happy to be wrong, in the case that happens :p ).
The difference between Neo Sploosh and Heavy Deco is that Splatling keeps zoning out stuff and activates Kraken when somebody gets too close. Neo Sploosh HAS to get in your face to damage you anyway, so I don't really see how Kraken may benefit it. I think, however, Neo Sploosh will be the fastest charging Kraken in the game? May that be a niche for it.

And yes, I agree on how terrible are Inkbrushes/Aerospray RG sets, I just wanted to make an example with a non released yet weapon :)

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
We are talking Walls. I moved on from the splatling. But you're not grasping anything, so I'm going to go ahead and exit stage right. Who the ever living. . . hell. . . walks IN FRONT of their wall? And where did I imply any idiot would do that?
Sometimes .52 Gals need to cross their wall in order to get the range they need.

But of course a smart .52 will just shower.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
To me, a good set must balance out a weapon's weakness. Sploosh sets leaves it a sitting duck against ranged weapons (Killer Wail is much more a support special than something to use in combat). And like, 80% of the game outranges Sploosh. That's why I don't really think it will be an high tier weapon (happy to be wrong, in the case that happens :p ).
The difference between Neo Sploosh and Heavy Deco is that Splatling keeps zoning out stuff and activates Kraken when somebody gets too close. Neo Sploosh HAS to get in your face to damage you anyway, so I don't really see how Kraken may benefit it. I think, however, Neo Sploosh will be the fastest charging Kraken in the game? May that be a niche for it.

And yes, I agree on how terrible are Inkbrushes/Aerospray RG sets, I just wanted to make an example with a non released yet weapon :)
In the Sploosh's case the overall weapon isn't great because of the main weapon itself. Jank range and accuracy are what put the Sploosh below almost every weapon, and no sub n special combo can really save it. Also that's why Kraken is good on closer ranged weapons because they have to commit and aggress which makes them more vulnerable n susceptible to death. Oh and I believe the L-3 D is actually the fastest to Kraken especially thanks to that ink spread buff.

Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yayforall
I think that this version will be much better, point sensors are great team support, and kraken is great for getting out of bad situations. The latter area is something that the original was pretty bad at.

Rael

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Rael303
I think Hydra and Sloshing Machine will be released with the next big update. This will come in a similar fashion of the August one with Splatling + Slosher. Not to mention both weapons seem to have really high price (custom versions being the most expensive weapons in the game I think?), giving them some more "final" feeling.

Mr.Sile

Inkling
NNID
Dorvillo
Every time someone mentions the Octobrush Noveau, it makes my tentacles hard...

I'm so excited for the ability to cover nearly all ranges now, bait other people into a better position, generally playing more offensively.

I really need to learn how to aim so I can use the Inkzooka effectively.

Closer and closer each week.

Please Nintendo...

curry time

Senior Squid
NNID
NobleCactus

Neo Sploosh tomorrow, will you take the honors of making the analysis thread @HappyBear801 ?
Woo, more Kraken weapons!

/s

I can't remember the last time a weapon released on a Tuesday. Think that was way back in July or so (might have been the week that the Luna and the Sploosh came out)? What happened on the Friday of that week?

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
Woo, more Kraken weapons!

/s

I can't remember the last time a weapon released on a Tuesday. Think that was way back in July or so (might have been the week that the Luna and the Sploosh came out)? What happened on the Friday of that week?
I believe that was when Triggerfish released.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy

Neo Sploosh tomorrow, will you take the honors of making the analysis thread @HappyBear801 ?
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!(I'm sorry, I just had to do that for the Neo Sploosh)

Oh my Zapfish! The Neo #Sploosh Revoloosh is here! I've been waiting for this weapon for ages! Finally it has come! I AM SO EXCITED!!

#SPLOOSH REVOLOOSH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom