Making a weapon kit using only the least popular kit options

isaac4

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I wasn't too sure on how to title this thread but I got this idea from Twitter around a month ago and thought it'd be interesting to bring here as well.
The challenge was just to create a weapon kit for your main while being restricted to only a few options, those options being stuff like Angle Shooter or Ultra Stamp.
I decided to make my own list of subs and specials based on what I usually don't see being picked in threads about dream kits or other similar topics.
my-image (38).png

This is the kit I would personally be fine with on Machine.
Kit_Sloshing_Machine 2024_7_22 1_34_33 (1).png

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
I've always been of the opinion that Line Marker and Super Chumps would be super fun on Hydra.
You could even make a case for Marker being a better Burst Bomb on Hydra specifically.
And Chumps give you a bunch of little meat shields! What more could an aggressive Hydra want.
Screenshot 2024-07-22 122917.png

Tereox

Full Squid
Pronouns
they/them
That's a really cool concept.

For Carbon Roller I'd pick Beakon and Super Chump.
The chip damage and paint from the special coupled with having a way to get back in on a safe position if I play too aggressively, I think that'd be a solid kit.

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
Also, I love how everyone is picking super chump
It's the special that smiles back! Chumpies are such charming little fellows. Why wouldn't you pick it?

ha, I think the real reason is that Chumps have the most potential when it comes to enabling the main weapons it's paired with.

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
Fun idea!
Mistbrella.png

Now we have mist on recycled but I think it would be a lot more interesting on brella IF you build your gear around it
And wave makes fights way more readable and you can use it for body blocking at bit in a pinch
Also the combo of mist wave sounds really interesting to me like jumping over the waves in mist sounds really annoying

QuagSass

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
On another note. It's absolutely criminal that we didn't get a single splatling with Splash Wall.
Heavy + Wall especially is such a godly combo. A match made in heaven. Every day I miss the S1 Heavy and S2 Heavy Deco kits. This game quite frankly feels incomplete without a Wall Heavy.

Honestly the vanilla Heavy kit would probably be perfect if it had Splash Wall instead. Or Big Bubbler. That could also be really fun

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
I've already talked about dart/stamp tenta brella being my third kit hope before, so I'll go for a new one!

Kit_Recycled_Brella_24 2024_7_22 15_52_26.png

Mk II's still better

Now, this kit would be... average at best but I think wall on recycled could be interesting as you can set them up further with your shield, and you do have good enough range for it to work. It'd help the weapon hold space, which it can't really do by itself.

I hesitated between stamp and chumps for it but I think chumps would work a bit better with that kind of playstyle. You don't want to set up somewhere only to pop stamp and die for it. Chumps help the main weapon push up a bit, are an instant ink tank refill, and it helps its paint weakness a good bit.

I don't think that playstyle would actually work for recycled, but it's the best I can come up with with those options. If that kit released I still think I'd play it!

NumberOneAries

Your Favorite Octoling's Favorite Octoling
Premium
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
Ok I'mma need y'all to lock in and see the vision

Introducing:
THE GOLD REEF-LUX
1000009879.png

As a short range support style weapon, I want to lean into that a hit more. Reef-lux struggles to hold space, and with its range doesn't have a reliable poking tool. Marker not only gives it more range AND a location sub, but also combos with the main weapon if u can't get a direct, given how hard it is to land all 3 shots consistently. Big Bubbler helps the weapon maintain space to both support it's team and itself in a pinch and helps maintain space so it can pick people off more effectively. The special would either be 210p or 220p just given how much the weapon paints (and bc we all remember missiles 💀) so there isn't too much bubble action afflicting the opposing team.

This is honestly probably the best kit I could Give the reef-lux, even with better subs and specials in the game.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
For Decav, Splash Wall Wave Breaker easily. Splash Wall already works amazingly for it to take others' attention and maintain whatever space it's already holding. Also helps a ton into certain midlines where it otherwise would struggle to make progress like the Squeezer and Splatana Stamper. Honestly thought I would hate it for the weapon but it's proven to be fantastic here, although it might be in some part from how overtuned the subweapon is right now. I'd keep it here.

And you know what? I should be picking Super Chump or Wave Breaker because this weapon would probably appreciate the fast ink tank refill and minor distraction, and this is definitely not the BEST Option, but Reefslider sounds kinda fun here. I'm imagining setting a Splash Wall up before popping Reefslider in case you're activating it in an even vaguely unsafe spot and on some maps it's not super hard to end up behind people with it. What this weapon really needs is either a way of hitting people who are far away from it or an entry tool. None of these specials do the former, this is the only one that can sometimes kinda sorta do the latter, and this is a Quick Respawn weapon so the synergy is there even if it's not for good reason.

1721665096621.png

NumberOneAries

Your Favorite Octoling's Favorite Octoling
Premium
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-4468-2079-9300
For Decav, Splash Wall Wave Breaker easily. Splash Wall already works amazingly for it to take others' attention and maintain whatever space it's already holding. Also helps a ton into certain midlines where it otherwise would struggle to make progress like the Squeezer and Splatana Stamper. Honestly thought I would hate it for the weapon but it's proven to be fantastic here, although it might be in some part from how overtuned the subweapon is right now. I'd keep it here.

And you know what? I should be picking Super Chump or Wave Breaker because this weapon would probably appreciate the fast ink tank refill and minor distraction, and this is definitely not the BEST Option, but Reefslider sounds kinda fun here. I'm imagining setting a Splash Wall up before popping Reefslider in case you're activating it in an even vaguely unsafe spot and on some maps it's not super hard to end up behind people with it. What this weapon really needs is either a way of hitting people who are far away from it or an entry tool. None of these specials do the former, this is the only one that can sometimes kinda sorta do the latter, and this is a Quick Respawn weapon so the synergy is there even if it's not for good reason.

View attachment 12442
Strawberry Decavitator right here sounds fire af ngl

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Since Grushi already covered Recycled, here’s my Wellstring kit:

Ink Mine + Big Bubbler

Mine lets Wellstring set up traps during downtime, providing even more chip damage for its team without losing its location. Bubbler isn’t a special I really even like using, but its defensive and supportive value for the weapon is pretty much undeniable, plus the fact that it’s an easy ink tank refill.

technobyte

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
This was fun so I made two!

beakonChump.png

I initially hoped for squid beakon + crab tank on heavy edit splatling nouveau but we got splat bomb instead (which is amazing!) I still think beakons would work well with helping support the team, and chumps can further boost its painting output while potentially offering a nice distraction that let's the team push more easily!
mistVac.png

I could see this kit being especially useful on maps with choke points. You can use mist to control the enemy's movements and give yourself time to get off a charge and contest space. An ink vac at the right time could also really help you and your team make a strong push! Overall both kits could be pretty fun with their own unique strengths.

Yeenom

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
I want Reefslider Tenta Brella solely because I think the idea of launching your canopy and immediately activating Reef is an extremely funny concept (Sort of like Kensa Tenta with Ultra Stamp but with more "Screw You" energy). And then Line Marker for the sub ig, mainly because it's just Burst with a little more spice and Burst Bomb is good on literally everything.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
tbh i could see mist/stamp being very fun on dousers. i thought for a while that it could get ultra stamp and do really well with it, it gives it another defensive option if it gets rushed, gives it a way forward if it needs to push aggressively, and gives it a single trizooka shot for threatening other backlines if it doesn't want to do anything else with it. (thank god it got tri-strike instead though.) and mist would be decent at trapping long-distance enemies for landing more long-range shots, or for making it easier to confirm kills with your turret mode, and would also make your ultra stamp a decent bit scarier as well, since the special is at its best when you're struggling to get away from it's (rather stupid) big shockwave damage

slopsuit

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-0774-8637-8781
I spent way too much time on these but I love this prompt sooo much.
I imagined for third kits everything would get the same brand collab so i made one up

IMG_5875.png

I like the idea of this edit having a supportive/aggro playstyle, being able to force its way in to place beakons and big bubbler to give it some extra protection to fight in more risky positions. I also like that big bubbler has a beakon in it, just feels fun and cohesive to me

IMG_5873.png

And for this one, I took the risky positions thing a bit further, i really like exploiting cover and positioning aggressively and i think both splash wall and chumps are great for that. And getting some extra paint with chumps is always nice

Vidknight

Formerly 'Grekly'
Pronouns
He/Him
This seems like a fun idea so screw it might as well join in

TAKOROKA SPLAT ROLLER
Takoroka Splat Roller.png

Angle shooter quite simply help roller move around and allows for poking at a distance. it can quickly pain walls and help paint its feet it can combo but roller can already one shot so the combo thing is kind of pointless (Get it? marker, point! please laugh) super chump is unironcally a great special for roller it can launch chump in an area and have a bunch of mini shields to protect it self while also painting the area.

KENSA PAINBRUSH
Kensa Painbrush.png

I'm going to straight up say it I think this is up there with one of the best kit painbrush can get. Yes you lose out of movement, but what you lack in movement you make up for in holding down an area and being immovable. Splash wall can protect you, but is also on the cheaper side only costing 55% of the ink tank. and having wall also allows painbrush to set up so the winding up issue is not that big of a deal now. Bubbler is also a great special as you can quickly pop it when you are out of ink and it offers all the benefits of splash wall. This weapon will just get into a random area and will be impossible to get out.

S-BLAST 92
Totally unqiue s-blast kit.png

Alright this seems like a crazy kit idea and but I'm going need you guys to hear me ou- w-wait what?
whispers...
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS KIT IS ALREADY IN THE GAME?
alright jokes aside this kit is surprisingly synergistic while both of these options are weak sprinkler allows for the weapon to quickly paint its feet and acts as a little protection tool when s-blast get rush down. Reef slider is also pretty good as it can combo with the indirect for a quick kill and it get s-blast into the position it want to play in which is up close so it can threaten people up close with its large aoe

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom