Making an iceberg chart for all of the goofy design decisions/oversights in the series. Any suggestions?

silvr_nouveau

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/They/She
Switch Friend Code
SW-5141-3082-0456
Wavebreaker - if you place down a wave-breaker in the air your main will have perfect accuracy until you touch the ground
Slider - Can desync, really weird look it up
Tri-Slosher - Its current s3 design was acutally its BETA s1 design with a diff coat of paint

blu_aaa

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2473-2014-2344

silvr_nouveau

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/They/She
Switch Friend Code
SW-5141-3082-0456
Wasn't day 1 s3 triple machine 😭 I swear I remember seeing old tourney sets where they ran nothing but machine
i think so? but iirc within 2 weeks we landed in on double machine double splash with Flingza or Stamper thrown in for good measure

dabearsss

Inkster Jr.
Someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I'm wrong, but iirc there was a glitch with splashdown in early S2 where you couldn't kill them mid air. basically it was an unstoppable attack lol

voltimer

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6893-8714-9974
here are some of my favourite potentially obscure ones:

- splatoon 2 2.3.0 accidentally made all dualie bullet hitboxes way bigger than intended, and made bamboozler's shots pierce. both were fixed in 2.3.1

- in splatoon 3 the controller rumble intensity for an e-liter's full charge is actually weaker than a partial charge

- snipewriter has the same range as splatterscope when it comes to being able to hit things, but snipewriter's painting range is slightly longer

- in the transition from splat 1 to 2, the 'heavy' weapons dynamo and liter had their strengths made less extreme but got better ink efficiency and such.
hydra on the other hand actually became more extreme, getting a longer charge time at its launch in splat 2 and getting more damage and firing duration a few patches later. this one's a bit more vague as a point but i think it's interesting regardless.

ruccsacc

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1299-9210-6035
Someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I'm wrong, but iirc there was a glitch with splashdown in early S2 where you couldn't kill them mid air. basically it was an unstoppable attack lol
an invincible splashdown meta sounds fun ngl

Azure ST

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2076-3733-1036
Moray Towers' overpowered sun in S2?
(they finally "reduced brightness of the sun" in 2.1.0)

turtle4k

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6639-0317-3888
squeezer bubble combo
roller hitboxes from launch s1
the only counter to damage up being defense up and vice versa
reeflux deco kit
ink mine not being able to substrafe
the series of s3 special buffs that are just an increase in radius
burst on bucket in s1
the tournament banning thing
screen changes not fixing the special
shooter pfs in s2
the entire design of armour and ray
some specific double zone maps

turtle4k

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6639-0317-3888
squeezer bubble combo
reeflux deco kit
burst on bucket in s1
shooter pfs in s2
ooh one more the way they buffed 52 in s2

antyytna

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-2627-3241-7131
luna blaster launch day was so ****ing funny

also this is a weird niche thing only splat 1 early vets may know: in splatoon 1 the first 20 levels are very easy to grind because its literally able to be 1 point = 1 turf paint, and youtuber accs like Gamexplain did guides on getting friends into turf lobbies with aerosprays, andshoot over the same area to grind exp

that's why they changed how exp works haha

ruccsacc

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1299-9210-6035
squeezer bubble combo
reeflux deco kit
burst on bucket in s1
shooter pfs in s2
can we PLEASE talk about the pfs distribution of s2??? like undercover had a 150p splashdown?? and 220p charger?? but then kshot had a 180p missiles?? im so glad that the pfs in s3 is way more stable

Sorcerer

Senior Squid
NNID
JiveSoulBro
I'm gonna offer a weird theory of my own.

Basically, I've always said that different weapon kits were made so that a main could have their choice of option for each Anarchy mode: one kit good for 2 modes, the other for the other 2.

Well if you see things like that, then mathematically, there are six possible choices of two game modes a weapon's kit would be good for.

The Ink Vac theory of special distribution states that for every primary weapon kit sharing a same special, no two combinations of expertise will ever repeat itself. There are 6 primary weapon kits with Ink vac and each kit works best on two different combinations of game modes. This theory applies for secondary weapon kits as well: no two combinations of game mode repeats itself amongst weapons sharing the same special on the secondary kit.

As for subweapons, weapon kits sharing the same subweapon won't have the same combination of expertise repeat more than twice. There are 10 weapon kits with Sprinklers, I do not expect more than 12 but I do expect one or two more as the SZ-TC combination has not appeared once.

Every time a new special has been introduced, both weapon kits meant to introduce it have had mirroring combinations. These combinations have always been SZ-TC/RM-CB until Triple Splashdown, a SZ-CB/TC-RM split.

kaasiand

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5912-2184-1423
Squid Beakon's name in s3's equip screen's sub weapon description was mistranslated (= using the JP name transliterated verbatim, and written in lowercase) as "jump beacon" until one update

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom