• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Map Discussion: Flounder Heights

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I've used that spot! Always got countersniped and didn't have much success, but I've used it. Thanks for pointing it out, mate.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
SO I was listening to the Famicast podcast and they mentioned that the name of this map in Japan means public housing- which I guess is comparable to the Projects in the US. Pretty interesting.

One thing that is really cute is during splatfest some of the windows will have their blinds closed but the lights on inside and you can see the silhouettes of dancing Jellies in some of them.

Cherry

Inkster Jr.
I'm finding rainmaker on this map to be really fun. Turf wars is giving me some problems though, not sure why.

D

Deleted Member

Just spawn camped the entire enemy team in a Turf War using the new jump exploit. I was right on their respawn zone too.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I love the way the Splatlings, both Heavy and Mini, interact with this map. Many places to set traps, although due to the verticality Splash Walls can be climbed around whereas the Suctions become more dangerous.

D

Deleted Member

I just did the jump exploit in Turf War without any Swim Speed Ups. Its more about timing and positioning.

Kevham

Inkling
NNID
Kevham
Please don't tell me they handle this like in Triggerfish by taking the map off for a week before updating.
I'd be totally fine with that. I don't know why, but something about this map just rubs me the wrong way. It could be how bad it is in ranked.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
That's pretty clever. Too bad it is unintentional- I'd love to see a map reward some of the more tricky maneuverability that you can do. Moray towers and this map do it a bit, but its more for the longer ranged weapons. Its partly why I wish you could jump the gap in a map similar to bluefin depot, etc.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Its partly why I wish you could jump the gap in a map similar to bluefin depot, etc.
I feel as if being able to jump the gap in any form would rise my position on Bluefin significantly, but I dunno.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I find in Ranked I leave lots of vertical paths up the sides of the buildings in the middle. The slopes tend to attract lots of ambushers.

Nozzles

Cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Specifically talking about turf wars, as others have said, I think this map is a bit too large. There are times where it will be 2 minutes into the match, and I'll still find areas that haven't been touched by ink yet. I hardly ever have a problem with coming into contact with the opposing team on this map as well; and even if I do, it's really easy to just flee to another part of the map and not have to worry about them anymore. I do however, like this map still.. I find it to be like a way toned-down version of Moray Towers, which is a map I honestly do not like at all.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Specifically talking about turf wars, as others have said, I think this map is a bit too large. There are times where it will be 2 minutes into the match, and I'll still find areas that haven't been touched by ink yet. I hardly ever have a problem with coming into contact with the opposing team on this map as well; and even if I do, it's really easy to just flee to another part of the map and not have to worry about them anymore. I do however, like this map still.. I find it to be like a way toned-down version of Moray Towers, which is a map I honestly do not like at all.
If you're finding untouched spots on the map during Turf War, claim them, duh. They're where the PVP-happy players aren't converging for violence.

EDIT: Version 2.2.0 will probably patch both exploits I detailed above.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom