• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mario Kart 8 Social Thread

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
Well, considering this is also the release date of Mario Kart 8's new DLC, I figured it was worth a thread. I'm having fun with it.

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
I love the new Animal Crossing course. Each season looks fantastic, and the Animal Crossing characters in HD are great to look at.

Undr

So does anyone else feel like Cheese Land's traction is even more horrendous than the other desert tracks? This is the first time my Cyber Slicks feel literally slick.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
200cc is a blast, quite literally. I've played MK8 since launch and I think it's really fun!

GLB

Senior Squid
guhhh I wish I was home! I wanna try out baby park on 200cc and lose my mind!

Undr

200cc is amazingly designed. It makes the item distribution system that seemed somewhat broken in Mario Kart 8 work incredibly well. It has increased the importance of handling and acceleration. And it just makes the game all the more thrilling.

But the tracks they released are another note of incredible game design. The vast majority of them show the importance of brake drifting, which is necessary to do in 200cc regardless of track selection. Also the high volume of unstable ground in these DLC tracks have shaken up the tier list. Suddenly Slick tires actually are slick and Grip is finally an important attribute.

RamOne

Inkling
I can't wait to play the DLC. Not too fond of Cheese Land, without the Mousers it just looks like another generic desert level. The rest of the tracks look amazing. Ribbon Road <3.

GLB

Senior Squid
I am so excited to hear ribbon roads theme. It had the best song in the GBA game.
Thats good to hear about the wheels. I doubt it will change my build thought.

Undr

I can't wait to play the DLC. Not too fond of Cheese Land, without the Mousers it just looks like another generic desert level. The rest of the tracks look amazing. Ribbon Road <3.
Races would end with someone multiple laps back. I approve!

Reactions: Lyn

GLB

Senior Squid
I want to figure out how to replace the music like with project M so I can fix up cheeseland a bit :3

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I want to figure out how to replace the music like with project M so I can fix up cheeseland a bit :3
Oh boy.. I wasn't ready for that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom