Mario Kart 8 Social Thread

Undr

We should have a tournament or playdate to celebrate the new DLC!
Well I'm livestreaming the game over at twitch.tv/UndrDog88 at 6:00pm EST. It's viewer night so I'm accepting friend codes from viewers. Sorta works out all things considered.

AEM

The Saltsui no Hadou
So the meta is to play as a lightweight with low speed and excellent traction and handling.

but i play fem!villager because she's the best

Reactions: Lyn

GLB

Senior Squid
oh wow that is a lot different from when I last played. What builds do you guys use??

Spirst

Inkling
Finally. I'd been waiting for Isabelle forever. Now to put her on a Flame Rider and pulverize some nerds.

Reactions: Lyn

wolfiexvii

Inkster Jr.
So the meta is to play as a lightweight with low speed and excellent traction and handling.

but i play fem!villager because she's the best
Really?
I guess I'll be picking up Koopa or Shy Guy

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
What do you guys race as?

I go blue yoshi (best character) with blue standard wheels, hyrule glider, and Mercedes Benz roadster

Undr

This meta won't last. The reason why light weights are suddenly popular is because it's easier. The best characters are still the heavy weights and speed is still the most important attribute. All you need to do is brake drift and the handling and grip work themselves out.

I'm not sure how weight effects shortcuts and gliding under 200cc though. That'll take additional testing.

My current build:

Pink Gold Peach: Not as heavy, but she's narrower than the heavy weights. Same speed too.
Blue Falcon: Speed / Handling hybrid of a cart.
Slicks: Speed and the cost of handling. Skill can give you better handling whereas Speed is coin based.
Standard Glider: Adds weight where acceleration isn't needed.

theblackbird

Senior Squid
NNID
ProminenceF
I actually haven't seen a lot of Isabelles online, personally. I'm seeing a TON of Dry Bowsers, and a good few Villagers.

GLB

Senior Squid
it is finally downloading and installing and I can barely stand it!

Undr

Finished up my stream. Nothing but Isabelles and Dry Bowsers for as far as the eye could see. In the my rear view mirror of that is. ^_^

Actually I sucked tonight, lol. Going from 200cc to 150cc was awkward.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
200cc is 2fast2furious2fun

I like playing pink gold peach because her entire existence is hilarious to me. Was regular gold not girly enough for nintendo? Did they just really feel like her name needed to be three colors? The world may never know

GLB

Senior Squid
drifting has stopped becoming useful but wow baby park was a rush after all these years

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom