• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mario Odyssey: NO SPOILERS!

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Montion Controls also enable the cap spin, which is a really useful move. I’m personally fine with motion controls when they work (see my appreciation for ARMS), but unfortunately the gesture is very finicky. One moment I’m able to spin Cappy by jerking the Switch from side to side, the next moment, it sends Cappy flying up in the air, and I have to rotate the Switch to spin Cappy. I don’t know what algorithms they are using for the motion controls, but they need polishing.

But looking at ARMS and Splatoon, I know Nintendo is very capable of making motion controls work, and I think it is a good thing they are pursuing them, even if they aren’t always hitting bullseyes.
The spin attack is also available without motion controls.

But the up throw and down throw are meant for the seperate joycon scheme. That's the whole purpose of the startup loading screen. They're extra things for if you play that way. Don't even attempt to use them in any other control mode - you don't need them anyway.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
My bf beat the game on day 2 and I was like "whaaaat??" I'm still getting through it! not that it's hard or anything... but because I get distracted by every tiny thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom