• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Mario Social Thread

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Hope this isn't a bad thing to post here, but tribute to the remake of Mario & Luigi: Cackletta, and her toady, Fawful.

cackletta&fawfulfinished copy.png

Last edited:

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
I grew up during the DS era, so quite unfortunately I didn't get to play Superstar Saga---by the time I got my first DS when I was eight the Gameboy Advance and its library were no longer in production. Seeing this remake has gotten me quite hyped for it, and the remaster of the standard battle theme is excellent. Good to see they haven't recycled the remaster of the theme in Paper Jam, and I'll forgive any reuse of models and the like for that.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I grew up during the DS era, so quite unfortunately I didn't get to play Superstar Saga---by the time I got my first DS when I was eight the Gameboy Advance and its library were no longer in production. Seeing this remake has gotten me quite hyped for it, and the remaster of the standard battle theme is excellent. Good to see they haven't recycled the remaster of the theme in Paper Jam, and I'll forgive any reuse of models and the like for that.
That was a major concern. And yes, sprite recycling. When I first seen the trailer, I was a bit worried they would get lazy, and it wasn't lazy as expected. So the sprite usage was render well for it. (Though for 3DS, I kinda expected a little TINY better maybe. But this is lovely. I have seen screens from the game, and even the BeanBean castle is now all updated, and detailed.)

I also think the game was remade due to the creator not really interested in making, or bringing back old characters in recent years. That is why Paper Jam went the way it was intended to be, bleh.

But I am happy, minus some things that make the game a bit easier. Such as using the same coding for the jump, and hammer attacks. Some mini games were timed longer. Overall, I hope there is the x boss fights that Bowser Inside Story started, because that really made some replay value.

I also hope Bowser's Minions isn't bland. I hate mini games that feel a bit added to add 'extra' yet feel like they aren't needed. We'll see, I guess. My confidence is being withheld here, and I don't want to judge for what I haven't played yet.

If you haven't read the wikipedia article on it yet, then you should since it mentions the overall changes in the game already:

https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_&_Luigi:_Superstar_Saga_+_Bowser's_Minions

I happen to have some amiibos that are supported by this game, so I am curious what they may add to gameplay. If I am asking way too much, I would love to see an amiibo based on Cackletta and Fawful. Dunno what use they could give, but I am asking for some cool figurines.

Olly0014

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3755-4752-6987
What do u all think of Mario + Rabbids? Are u going to buy it? Personally, I hate the Rabbids and it's not my type of game so I won't be getting it. Interested to see what other Mario fans think about the crossover

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
What do u all think of Mario + Rabbids? Are u going to buy it? Personally, I hate the Rabbids and it's not my type of game so I won't be getting it. Interested to see what other Mario fans think about the crossover
I withheld skepticism due to the rabbids being added into the mix. Now I heard the game turned out fine, but the humor and so forth ranging from what Unisoft has tossed into the Rayman series leaves a bit of a aftertaste in my mouth. And I also hope this doesn't lead into more sequels, the rabbids already have enough as it is.

YarnDrawcia

Full Squid
The X-Com style of playing is interesting, in my opinion. And outside of the Rabbids, it does look good in terms of graphics. Though I wish they haven't thrown the Rabbids into this, but it's an interesting partnership nonetheless, considering one company is in France while the other is based in Japan.

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
I don't have much experience with Rabbids, but the style of the game looks really interesting. This seems like the weirdest crossover ever (do Mario and the Rabbids have ANYTHING in common?), but I like strategy-based games, so I would probably get it.

EDIT: But I'm probably not even going to get a Switch anytime soon, so there is no way I can get it...

FGPackers

Inkster Jr.
I have it pre-ordered. I like Rabbids, i like Mario, i like strategy games like this. Easy choice so

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Interested in Mario + Rabbids, although I don't feel a huge need for it right now. I'll wait for a price drop, probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom