• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

MEDIOCRE!

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You mean the idiot SJWs that don't actually exist? The whole R.Mika thing happened internally with the developers deciding to change that themselves, there was no complaining. Honestly, the whole "SJW" thing just gets tossed about as an easy scapegoat for people to justify outrage over inane and meaningless things.

Also, Mighty No. 9 IS full of game-breaking glitches. Have you looked at the Wii U version? It's a barely functioning horror! :P

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
YES
THIS IS PERFECT
YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY
THANK YOU

You mean the idiot SJWs that don't actually exist? The whole R.Mika thing happened internally with the developers deciding to change that themselves, there was no complaining. Honestly, the whole "SJW" thing just gets tossed about as an easy scapegoat for people to justify outrage over inane and meaningless things.

Also, Mighty No. 9 IS full of game-breaking glitches. Have you looked at the Wii U version? It's a barely functioning horror! :p
Ah, I heard about this. Is it just the DLC making the game look weird, or does it really brick consoles too? Or is there other stuff I haven't heard about?
Just another reason to stay far, far, far away, I guess.

Moral: Never mess with a Pirate's booty.

Also, I'm probably going to wait out on Mighty No.9 until it has a lower price like "Rodea: The Sky Soldier". I'm surprised that the game got a cheaper price two months after Christmas, reminds me of "Dark Souls 2". Other than waiting for that, I might get Gunvolt 2 even though I found that game to be disappointing at the end (I won't spoil the ending unless you want to know). In fact, I found the ending to dumb in a funny way even if it seemed "poetic". This might be just me, but what's with japan being poetic and their infatuation with similes?
Yeah, Gunvolt2 is on my list of things to grab when I get a chance (and, y'know, when it comes out). Even if I forgot the first one's ending (it's been a while since I played it through to the end).

Also, just a random question, were you disappointed by stuff outside of the ending?

Y'know, having gone back and played the first Gunvolt, I'm not entirely sure why I thought of that when I saw MN9. They're not really that similar at all. Mostly in ways that make Gunvolt look better (graphics look better, gameplay seems speedier, Gunvolt's voices aren't annoying during boss fights (though that one is purely subjective, I'll admit), graphics look better, etc.), but still, I'm kind of confused by that now.

Last edited:
G

girigiriHERO

Also, Mighty No. 9 IS full of game-breaking glitches. Have you looked at the Wii U version? It's a barely functioning horror! :p
You're exactly right, Capcom decided to change it, but the outraged was though to have been caused by SJWs in the first place which made people go crazy.

I guess I didn't convey my message correctly, I knew that it was Capcom, but I was referring to the outrage initially, everyone made that assumption.

...which is believable because they will ***** about a freakin' X-men advertisement with some of the biggest BS "logic" ever.

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee

The Wii U version is that bad. Welp, time to scratch it off the list until further notice. Call me a masochist, but the only glitchy sonic game I like is Sonic 06.

YES
THIS IS PERFECT
YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY
THANK YOU

Ah, I heard about this. Is it just the DLC making the game look weird, or does it really brick consoles too? Or is there other stuff I haven't heard about?
Just another reason to stay far, far, far away, I guess.

Yeah, Gunvolt2 is on my list of things to grab when I get a chance (and, y'know, when it comes out). Even if I forgot the first one's ending (it's been a while since I played it through to the end).

Also, just a random question, were you disappointed by stuff outside of the ending?

Y'know, having gone back and played the first Gunvolt, I'm not entirely sure why I thought of that when I saw MN9. They're not really that similar at all. Mostly in ways that make Gunvolt look better (graphics look better, gameplay seems speedier, Gunvolt's voices aren't annoying during boss fights (though that one is purely subjective, I'll admit), graphics look better, etc.), but still, I'm kind of confused by that now.
Well, it's more of what Gunvolt does after the ending. You'd think he would have explained some important details but nope.

In the True Ending, Instead of telling his friends about the crazy ideal his mentor which was Mass Genocide on Mankind like some Magneto Pikachu. Japanese Static Shock just walks away without saying anything to his friends who were shocked (no this isn't a pun) by what they saw, he just evaporates like some Mutant Messiah and for some reason is symbolically a bird. Maybe he was too distraught by the betrayal, eitherway I found that funny and dumb, also I think he took his shades which he was seen wearing (in the trailer I think).

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
The Wii U version is that bad. Welp, time to scratch it off the list until further notice. Call me a masochist, but the only glitchy sonic game I like is Sonic 06.
Nah, Sonic 2006 is understandable. I've seen it on Youtube, some of it looked like it'd be pretty funny.

Well, it's more of what Gunvolt does after the ending. You'd think he would have explained some important details but nope.

In the True Ending, Instead of telling his friends about the crazy ideal his mentor which was Mass Genocide on Mankind like some Magneto Pikachu. Japanese Static Shock just walks away without saying anything to his friends who were shocked (no this isn't a pun) by what they saw, he just evaporates like some Mutant Messiah and for some reason is symbolically a bird. Maybe he was too distraught by the betrayal, eitherway I found that funny and dumb, also I think he took his shades which he was seen wearing (in the trailer I think).
I hadn't actually thought very much about that. Maybe he didn't think they'd believe him? Or perhaps he was just distraught, like you said. That seems like a reasonable explanation. Not sure what was up with the bird tho. Then again, I haven't actually seen the ending in a while, so I wouldn't recall if it was explained.

Also, Magneto Pikachu sounds adorable.
Also on the subject of Gunvolt (but with less spoilers), I saw some of Gunvolt 2's gameplay today, and Copen looks like what would happen if Beck were fast (and had inverted gameplay, with dash > shoot to kill enemies instead of shoot > dash, and longer dashes, and the ability to angle his dashes up/downward and bounce off of walls and the floor with them, and the dash itself was an attack like I'd expected Beck's would be). It looks awesome, and more importantly really damn fun. I can't wait to play him.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
This pizza-shaped explosion of negative criticism makes me cry like an anime fan on a prom night

gotta do the obvious meme joke here, seeing as nobody did it in this thread sofar

You are absolutely correct! They've stepped on every possible public relations landmine they could.
Not to defend this game, but that godawful out-of-touch trailer was mostly Deep Silver's fault. Personally didn't have that much faith in the game anyway, was only going to get it if it turned out to be good beneath all the hype which it didn't.

G

girigiriHERO

So while it's sitting on my table still in the shrink wrap (been playing Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut) I did read that it is suppose to have 2 patches already released. One was just a general "day one patch" which no game should need in general, but apparently there is one to fix the frame rate (which is horrible on all versions), the load times (apparently a death takes 45-60 seconds to respawn), and certain moments that crash the Wii U to the point where unplugging it is the only way to restart it...how can they eff up so bad when they had 3 years and countless delays. I will still play it eventually as I want to try it for myself, call me a masochist if you will but I got this game 30% off and I'm not hurting for money in general as I have a full-time job.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Elecmaw, doesn't matter who did the trailer, they willingly signed up with those guys after all, a trainwreck's still the same regardless of who's the conductor at any given moment :P

GirigiriHERO, fair enough. The game's not terrible, just completely average, so you should be able to squeeze some fun out of it. I just recommend waiting a month or two to make sure no other problems arise. "Breaking news! The new Mighty No. 9 patch causes Wii U consoles to become sentient and join the AI uprising!"

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
So while it's sitting on my table still in the shrink wrap (been playing Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut) I did read that it is suppose to have 2 patches already released. One was just a general "day one patch" which no game should need in general, but apparently there is one to fix the frame rate (which is horrible on all versions), the load times (apparently a death takes 45-60 seconds to respawn), and certain moments that crash the Wii U to the point where unplugging it is the only way to restart it...how can they eff up so bad when they had 3 years and countless delays. I will still play it eventually as I want to try it for myself, call me a masochist if you will but I got this game 30% off and I'm not hurting for money in general as I have a full-time job.
Someone has balls. I have faith in you. :U

Elecmaw, doesn't matter who did the trailer, they willingly signed up with those guys after all, a trainwreck's still the same regardless of who's the conductor at any given moment :p

GirigiriHERO, fair enough. The game's not terrible, just completely average, so you should be able to squeeze some fun out of it. I just recommend waiting a month or two to make sure no other problems arise. "Breaking news! The new Mighty No. 9 patch causes Wii U consoles to become sentient and join the AI uprising!"
I wanna see the Wii U transform and get jealous by the NX. :D

G

girigiriHERO

Elecmaw, doesn't matter who did the trailer, they willingly signed up with those guys after all, a trainwreck's still the same regardless of who's the conductor at any given moment :p

This was Inafune's plan all along, he's the real Dr. Wily!

Zet4Dragon

Senior Squid
NNID
ZetaDragon
I feel kinda sorry for this game. I though this would be the chance to revive the spirit of Mega Man but it's an absolute train wreck.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Is a revival necessary though? I mean, jump-and-shoot platformers have never really gone away. There's tons of indie games and Mega Man fan games that are doing it better than Capcom and Inafune right now. Hi Shovel Knight and Mega Man Unlimited!

Zet4Dragon

Senior Squid
NNID
ZetaDragon
Is a revival necessary though? I mean, jump-and-shoot platformers have never really gone away. There's tons of indie games and Mega Man fan games that are doing it better than Capcom and Inafune right now. Hi Shovel Knight and Mega Man Unlimited!
Yeah I guess you're right. Maybe I'll buy Shovel Knight, I heard a lot of good things about it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I can definitely recommend it! It's kind of a mash-up of Castlevania, Mega Man, and the Duck Tales NES game. It's really, really good! And there's two more playable characters on the way as free DLC!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
In that regard I'd like to also recommend Monster Tale, if you can find a copy, which came out on the DS. Not sure if it's in the eshop and there's an alleged sequel/remake plan. Probably a little easy for most fans of this genre but I enjoyed it.

And though I haven't played it yet, I hear Gunman Clive 1 & 2 are also worth playing.

G

girigiriHERO

In that regard I'd like to also recommend Monster Tale, if you can find a copy, which came out on the DS. Not sure if it's in the eshop and there's an alleged sequel/remake plan. Probably a little easy for most fans of this genre but I enjoyed it.

And though I haven't played it yet, I hear Gunman Clive 1 & 2 are also worth playing.
it's not a shooter, but for platformers in general Shantae is done really well and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse has beautiful animation.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I can indeed confirm that Gunman Clive 1 and 2 are great low-key little Megaman-type games. They cost basically nothing too.

TeaBee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BuzzyTeaBee
What the fun is Megaman Unlimited? Also, "Rosenkruez Stilette Blades of the Rose Cross" is Megaman-ish and challenging.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So how about those credits? Somehow longer than a Lord of the Rings film!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom