• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Metroid Social Thread: Splatoon

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Social thread for all your Metroid discussing needs. Fingers crossed for a new game soon. Maybe some more Metroid reps in Smash Bros.? :)

Lyn

Premium
Reporting for duty!
Remember me?
The baby! The baby! The baby! The baby! The baby! The baby! The baby! The baby! The baby! The baby!

Last edited:

Lyn

Premium
-

I neeeeeeeed more Metroid. If there is anything Metroid at E3 this year, my friends will hate me for hijacking any discussion with Metroid bombs.
I require the Metroid, i've been playing the MP:T all weekend. *o*

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
As long as it's better than Other M I'll be happy with anything they give us in term of games. Come oonnnnnn E3, don't let me down. I wish there were a few more viable choices for metroid reps in smash, most of them are dead or one off characters and Dark Samus and Ridley are both in game already.

Lyn

Premium
As long as it's better than Other M I'll be happy with anything they give us in term of games. Come oonnnnnn E3, don't let me down. I wish there were a few more viable choices for metroid reps in smash, most of them are dead or one off characters and Dark Samus and Ridley are both in game already.
Yeah, I agree. I'm really hoping for some sort of Prime style game. Playing Metroid on a Wii remote sideways is not fun.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I had been wanting them to continue the series as well, but realistically it may be better to just let it die if it has limited appeal anyway, and the fans can't even all agree on which direction they are happy with the games being taken. Not making another Metroid game wouldn't hurt Nintendo in the slightest, because it is so niche. My favorite in the series is the original FDS version (no passwords, Kraid and Ridley are bigger than in the NES version), and I don't care for the gameplay in Metroid Prime at all in comparison to traditional Metroid, because slow movement and having to turn the character to look around in 3 dimensions doesn't feel right to me at all for a Metroid game.

Lyn

Premium
I had been wanting them to continue the series as well, but realistically it may be better to just let it die if it has limited appeal anyway, and the fans can't even all agree on which direction they are happy with the games being taken.
I don't know what you mean. It's like Zelda, there's 2D Metroid 3D Metroid. They both appeal to different crowds. Metroid is my favorite Nintendo series and they've already confirmed plans on new 3D and 2D Metroid titles. If they killed the series, I probably wouldn't buy any more Nintendo systems unfortunately.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I don't know what you mean. It's like Zelda, there's 2D Metroid 3D Metroid. They both appeal to different crowds. Metroid is my favorite Nintendo series and they've already confirmed plans on new 3D and 2D Metroid titles. If they killed the series, I probably wouldn't buy any more Nintendo systems unfortunately.
Metroid doesn't have the pull that Zelda has. A Metroid game hasn't sold decently outside of the USA since the 80s. The Super Metroid/Metroid Prime hype is all overstated unfortunately, even though those are very good games. Zelda titles all sell multiple millions, while Metroid Fusion scraped along and the Metroid Prime series declined in sales as it progressed. Metroid Other M was overhyped before its release and then was horribly localized, making it confusing and awkward for western fans of the series (even though I quite enjoy it) and not pulling more Japanese fans like it had aimed to do, being an all around failure and putting a bad taste in the mouths of the developers. This may be why they haven't jumped the gun to make more games. I'm with you; I'd love to see more Metroid games, but it certainly shouldn't be a top priority for Nintendo based on the history of the franchise.

Lyn

Premium
Metroid doesn't have the pull that Zelda has. A Metroid game hasn't sold decently outside of the USA since the 80s. The Super Metroid/Metroid Prime hype is all overstated unfortunately, even though those are very good games. Zelda titles all sell multiple millions, while Metroid Fusion scraped along and the Metroid Prime series declined in sales as it progressed. Metroid Other M was overhyped before its release and then was horribly localized, making it confusing and awkward for western fans of the series (even though I quite enjoy it) and not pulling more Japanese fans like it had aimed to do, being an all around failure and putting a bad taste in the mouths of the developers. This may be why they haven't jumped the gun to make more games. I'm with you; I'd love to see more Metroid games, but it certainly shouldn't be a top priority for Nintendo based on the history of the franchise.
I understand what you're saying. I really hope that they don't give up on the series, though. They can pull in more fans, I'm sure.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
I know this isn't the MK thread but, does anyone think that, in Mario Kart 8, the new DLC vehicle called the Bone Rattler looks like Meta Ridley? My mii in the Power Suit racing outfit with that vehicle looks a lot like Samus riding on Meta Ridley...

Edit: I don't need much from Nintendo this E3 except a Metroid announcement. I don't care if it is a 2D or 3D Metroid, we just need a new adventure starring Samus.

Oni

Full Squid
ridley would wind up on the front page :rolleyes:

I support him too but lets not argue. we can all agree the franchise needs a new game. E3 please give us a chance of a new, not other m, game

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyn

Lyn

Premium
Metroid: other other M has me all hyped up. I especially can't wait for the scene where Samus confronts Mother Brain and has another mental breakdown, causing her to quit being a bounty hunter and work at a flower shop. A space flower shop, obviously.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Metroid: other other M has me all hyped up. I especially can't wait for the scene where Samus confronts Mother Brain and has another mental breakdown, causing her to quit being a bounty hunter and work at a flower shop. A space flower shop, obviously.
Would be pretty hilarious. Would really hurt my heart though.

In all seriousness though, I've never really asked this of other Metroid fans though I think about it quite often to myself. For the next Metroid game, what do you want to see in terms of subject matter, gameplay, and system?

Lately I've been wanting a sequel to Metroid Fusion on the 3DS. I would also love a sequel to Hunters on the Wii U, but continuing the story from Fusion and getting the first true sidescroller since Zero Mission would be worth it. There seems to be a trend in games like Other M and Super Mario 3D World (3D World in particular being really successful, Other M obv not at all), and few sidescrolling games that are worth making. But I think Metroid is at it's strongest in that form.

I'll take either one. What do you all think though?

Reactions: Lyn

Lyn

Premium
Would be pretty hilarious. Would really hurt my heart though.

In all seriousness though, I've never really asked this of other Metroid fans though I think about it quite often to myself. For the next Metroid game, what do you want to see in terms of subject matter, gameplay, and system?

Lately I've been wanting a sequel to Metroid Fusion on the 3DS. I would also love a sequel to Hunters on the Wii U, but continuing the story from Fusion and getting the first true sidescroller since Zero Mission would be worth it. There seems to be a trend in games like Other M and Super Mario 3D World (3D World in particular being really successful, Other M obv not at all), and few sidescrolling games that are worth making. But I think Metroid is at it's strongest in that form.

I'll take either one. What do you all think though?
I definitely think something along the lines of Prime 1 for gameplay and aesthetics. I'd want the controls to be mainly gamepad or pro controller, though. Using a Wii-mote for looking around feels a little bit awkward for me when it comes down to a first person game. Although, if we had a 2D game.. I'd definitely want something similar to Fusion. I really liked Fusion's artstyle and gameplay, although I'd want it to be less linear obviously. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom