-Missing- IC Thread: RP Cast Filled

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( ._. ))

Grumbling, Canchi stuffed the now empty snail pouch he had back into his pocket. He glared back at the alleyway where he knew Spyke was, before turning back to One and Magabelle.

"Well, I found out, thanks to some painful 'negotiations' with a certain Urchin, that this girl he's looking for," he motioned to One," her name is Alga. And very, very conveniently lives on the same street as me. Since, I feel we're going to need all the info we could get, I'll spill the beans about her." He started, still frowning from the meeting with Spyke, "she lives on Oak Drive, same as me. And then she apparently has a little following who come to that alleyway over there to listen to her play her guitar."

"Apparently, she's really good with that thing," Canchi chuckled, before snapping back to his serious -and mildly annoyed- demeanor, "apparently, to my very greedy source, she was seen talking with a 'Cap'n Cuttlefish...'" He looked between the two, "apparently, he's the Squid Sisters' granddad. And we both know that Callie and Marie have gone missing, so naturally, he's probably going to go looking for them."

He slowly shrugged, "I guess we could go looking for him? He's old and a war hero so... He should be easy to find." He cheerfully tacked on, giving the two a smile that may-or-may-not be forced.

Talk with: One and Magabelle!

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Someone watching from the bathroom? That meant...

Wade squinted. Seriously? In the 20 minutes he'd been watching the hole in the wall, nothing, but that small window of time where everyone left to eavesdrop? Touché, Periwinkle. "Periwinkle" being the one Wade was convinced stood there, watching them from behind.

Now he definitely wanted to start tailing Periwinkle again, but running off in random directions without saying anything was a pretty bad idea. Especially since this place wasn't as barren and abandoned as it seemed.

...Aaand, speaking of which, the Octoling and the Deepview flunky were gone. Did they take a kettle somewhere or...?

Unsettled by the suddenly appearing and vanishing company, Wade was inclined to keep his voice low as he crept towards Ash and Jax. Now that he thought about it, that one outburst from Ash was probably what lured Periwinkle out.

Using his "inside voice", Wade asked the two, "Did you see where they went? I missed it."

Wade looked back towards the bathroom again, but at this point, he didn't want to look for Periwinkle if the 'business dealers' were still in the vicinity. So Wade started scanning the open room.

Search for: Octoling and Deepview Flunky

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Search for: Octoling and Deepview Flunky

"They went off through separate kettles," Ash whispered. She pointed to two different locations, one kettle's location was labeled 12. The other was labeled 5.

"Unless we want to transport to where only the Deep Ones know..." Jax noted, "I don't think we should follow them. But if you have a good reason... well, I'd be open to persuasion."

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade shook his head, already looking back towards the bathroom. "Nope, don't think that'll be... necessary..." He trailed off.

Glaring intently in the "specter's" direction, Wade quickly noted, "Someone was behind us, just now," before dashing back to the bathroom.

Taking care to stop and duck behind the corner of the door in case someone was waiting, Wade started intently scouring for any trace that Periwinkle was still around.

Search for: "Specter" cough Periwinkle cough

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Wade ==> Search For Specter

Taking the initiative, Wade quickly made his way back to the bathroom in the hallway before the other two could follow.

> Base Pool 4, -1 Hasty, Dice Pool 3
> 2 Success on Reaction Roll

Immediately after opening the door a barrage of ink flew right by where Wade's head had been only moments before. Luckily, Wade had dodged to the side. Yes, Periwinkle was in there and, though he hadn't been able to get more than a moment's glance, it had been a person who'd shot at him.

But there wasn't much time to think; the shooter continued to plaster the hallway with his sky-blue ink before slamming the door shut.

When Wade had finally gotten hold of his senses, he carefully made his way to the door, straddling himself over the stream of ink which so opposed his own.

But the door was locked now.

For a split second Wade tried to think of some way to ram down the door before realizing that the assailant's ink preventing him from getting any momentum. That was when a suction bomb flew down the hall.

Wade freaked out for only a moment before realizing that it was the same yellow color that they all were--Jax had already reacted. "What are you waiting for!" he exclaimed, "quick!" He gestured to the puddle now on the floor which seeped under the door crack.

Realizing what he meant, Wade slipped into squid form, sliding under the door, before quickly changing back into his humanoid form. But now, looking around, Periwinkle was definitely gone.

The flap was now wide open--they hadn't even bothered to hide this time.

Ash and Jax followed soon after. "What happened?" Ash asked, quickly. Wade just motioned to the tunnel, now blatantly revealed.

To chase or not to chase? What now?

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Compared to the previously rocky and clay-like environment Brutus and she had been traversing through for at least an hour or so, the setting was almost a paradise. She looked around with trace amounts of awe in her eyes, tentatively taking a step or two forward to get a better look at everything. It wasn't anything like she'd seen down here in Rock Bottom. Honestly, it looked more reminiscent of back home than anything. Brutus' home seemed to strike itself out as one ensconced in poverty, so this came as a bit of a surprise to her.

Alga's voice was tentative when she spoke, quiet as it always was and with a bit of a crack to it as she forced the words out, as though somehow afraid that hte slightest sound might alert anyone possibly lurking within.

"W-What...is this place?"

A secret base, maybe...?

Talk: Brutus

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
((aaaaa))
Magabelle listened to Canchi intently as he told what he knew. She had to admit, it was oddly convenient that Brownie--'Alga' was her name, right?--lived on the same street as him, but there was no point in fussing over that fact. Right now, the goal was to find One's brown-tentacled friend, and the information Canchi provided seemed useful.

"...or maybe we could go to her house," Mag suggested, "there's a chance that she'll still be there."

Talk: One and Canchi

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade hesitated for a moment. Crawling into a hole in the wall and trying to defend himself --in a vent or whatever-- wasn't his idea of secure. But was there time to contemplate that?

Periwinkle had shot at him, but he definitely wasn't looking to splat Wade or the others. He was just seriously trying to get away. Thus, this was the time to pursue!

Because... just why were they running? Because they were a sentry? Was it because they noticed Wade and the others watching? From that short encounter with the business exchange, ideas about what was really going on were starting to bubble to Wade's mind, and he was starting to feel that being lured to Octovalley wasn't arbitrary. But right now his mind was muddled; if he could, he'd mull over these new facts as they went after Periwinkle.

So Wade took a deep, mildly irritated breath.

"Stop me if this is totally nuts," Wade lamented. With that, he started to worm his way though the passage in the wall.

Follow: Periwinkle

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Lili closed her eyes for a few minutes before speaking once more, "Germana?" She questioned before a small smile graced her lips.
"That's a nice name, can't say I've heard it much." She shrugged standing up and dusting her clothes before pacing around the area she was confined too.
"Are you reallllllllllllllllllllllllly sure you know nothing about Brutus or Aelia?" She asked once again before crossing her arms once more, one teal eye peering at the Octoling, giving her pestering look. "Because I dont believe you."

It was strange to think Germana didn't know anything, that and the fact that she avoided her question mad her suspicious.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Aykorn and @Ashlee DE Points: 2
Ash ==> Autopilot
Wade ==> Follow: Periwinkle

Without missing a beat, Jax shot some pellets through the tunnel, then urged Wade to turn into squid form. Picking up on the cue, Wade squeezed through the hole.

Jax had the right idea, because further down the hole was Periwinkle's trail preventing Wade's continued pursuit. He was about to turn back to try to angle more shots down into the hole, when a splat bomb came bouncing though the hole. Wade almost jumped back into anthro when he saw it, he was so surprised. Or maybe it was his nerves.

Whatever the case, Wade didn't miss a beat and continued following the tunnel... which wasn't as long as he'd expected. Or at least, the narrow portion. Jumping out, he tumble-formed into a human again, his weapon at the ready as he looked around the rather spacious cavern.

By Wade's judgement, this area must have been a little bit beneath the facility. Enough to allow for a six foot in diameter tunnel, at least.

The place was surprisingly well-lit, with lights hanging from the ceiling hooked up to some gigantic device to the... ... ...

...to the right of Wade was a massive, grotesqueness of wriggling tentacles, oozing from the wall. They all seemed to be pulling, grasping in the air in front of them. Wade knew that the Octolings highly surpassed them in the field of bioweaponry and tools but this...

Wade wanted to puke.

"You," a clear, crisp voice came from the other end of the tunnel. Was it Periwinkle? Looking to the distance, there was a figure... damn he'd gotten far in such a short time. His voice identified him almost definitely as male and his build, now that Wade got a clear look, was definitely that of a guy's. In his hands was... some sort of device.

Jax and Ash weren't far behind Wade, but luckily, they didn't have the opportunity to look to the right at the outcropping of groping appendages. Because Periwinkle repeated, "you! Why did'ya follow me? Are ya with 'em? And don' move. Oy've got that drill there rigged ta explode and respawnin' from that'll leave ya down an arm."

Jax and Ash didn't move, but neither of them looked like they liked it. Jax's lip twitched, his neutral face taking on a slight frown. Ash looked angry, maybe even outraged. Wade was just on too much adrenaline.

"Come on, none of us 'ave all day!"

What do you say?

@Banshee 1 DE Point

Alga ==> Talk: Brutus

Alga's voice was tentative when she spoke, quiet as it always was and with a bit of a crack to it as she forced the words out, as though somehow afraid that the slightest sound might alert anyone possibly lurking within.

"W-What...is this place?"

A secret base, maybe...?

"Kinda!" he chirped. "Except Oy live 'ere!" Maybe he didn't totally get the idea of a secret base or that that was typically a place you lived, but things certainly seemed to be leaning toward the fact that this was a secret base of some sort.

He began to lead Alga around. "This is the kitchen! Sometimes, Felix asks me fer 'elp cookin'! But usually Aelia keeps me away."

Then he dashed to the table, without waiting for Alga to follow. "An' this is where we all eat! We all got a chair each!"

Even quicker, he ran to one of the couches and hopped over its back to land on the cushions with a loud thump. "An' this is the TV! Usually i's used fer missions and stuff, but sometimes Aelia lets me watch cartoons!"

Alga watched Brutus with a blank face as the Octoling rushed about describing every little detail of the area he could find, somewhat surprised that he was living here of all things. Not that it was a bad thing, but, uh...

"W-Why's it hidden if you live here?"

There was that one town they'd passed a little while back...?

"Uh..." he stopped to think. But after a bit, it was clear the train of thought fizzled. "Oy'm pretty sure there's a good reason fer it. Oy'm jus' glad tha' Oy don' 'ave ta live at the Jetty no more."

After a moment's hesitation, Alga moved to sit on on the couch, sitting right up against the armrest and squishing herself as close to it as possible so that brutus wouldn't be urged to move. The question burned at her mind, and she worried at her lower lip in thought before finally asking,

"What's wrong with the Jetty...?"

Was it really that bad?

"The people," Brutus said, simply. For just a moment, his fun-loving eyes turned to something sharper, harder.

For just a moment, that strength that wasn't apparent most of the time, became something fearful. Anyone who saw him in that moment would know... this boy could be terrifying.

But just as quickly as it had come, it passed. "Do ya wanna watch cartoons? They've prolly got some good ones on!"

Alga felt a shiver run down her spine, and she wilted the same moment Brutus reverted to his normal jovial self. Had she overstepped a line...?

"Sure..."

There was an apology burning at her tongue, but she bit it down. No need to cause further upset.

Brutus turned on the TV and flipped the channels, his mood giddy and childish all over again.

When he got where he wanted, it was to the middle of a theme song of a popular Inkling cartoon.

"Oh oh oh!" Brutus squealed, "Oy love this one! Aelia says Oy can watch it, because they try to solve all their problems without fightin'"

They began watching the episode and the show wasn't bad--it went over a character who wasn't aware that there were so many things going on above her head and yet, she kept going on trying to teach others about the meaning of friendship.

Alga wanted to watch the show. Really, she did, if only to pass the time. But... She couldn't help worrying. She'd overstepped her boundaries, right? She'd done something wrong, she saw it. And now, well...

Man, she was awful.

There was an insistent tug of the lower jaw, and she bit her lip to keep it from trembling, concentrating wholly and pushing the entirety of her feelings down. It was fine. She could do this. Ignore the sting at her eyes, wipe a tear away discreetly when Brutus wasn't looking, pretend her face wasn't redder than it already was, she could do this. There was an awful pressure building back in her throat, one she barely managed to swallow down, and-

Ohhh, squid she needed to go somewhere else-

The scream made her jump and Alga stared with wide eyes as a new Octoling rushed in. Brutus and she hugged, greeting each other with all the enthusiasm of best friends, and she just couldn't take it.

A sob slipped unbidden from her throat, and with that little sound, Alga began crying with vehemence.

Before Alga knew what was happening, Brutus shot up, exclaiming, "Germa!" The Octoling was crying, but Brutus didn't seem to notice, because he straight on hugtackled her.

"'ow are ya?" he asked, both of them pinned to the floor.

"B...Brutus!?" she exclaimed. "Yer... yer alive!"

"O' course Oy am? Why wouldn' Oy be?" Not really picking up on cues quickly, Brutus looked from Germana to Alga and then back again. Noting both were crying, he thought about things a bit then asked, "What's wrong?"

Before Alga could say anything, Germana said, "I's okay now. Yer 'ere. Do ya know where Aelia is?"

Brutus shook his head, "no I don'." But he quickly walked back to Alga. "Oy are ya okay?"

Germana, though, seeing Alga pulled out an Octoshot. The telltale sign of a weapon synching hummed through the air. "Who's she?"

"She's a friend!" Brutus shouted back. Turning back to Alga he asked, "are ya okay?"

Having a gun pointed at her really didn't help things any. The most Alga could do was shake her head and put her head into her hands, trambling as sobs and heaves wracked themselves through her body. She wanted to stop, she needed to stop, but she just couldn't. Not even if her life depended on it, apparently.

She hated her emotions. Honestly hated them.

"See what ya did, Germa!" Brutus exclaimed. "Alga, i's okay. Germa's really nice. Oy promise. She's just a little bit gun-jumpy."

He patted her head, in an attempt to console her.

Alga couldn't help cracking a small, watered down smile at the consolation. Of course he thought his friend was to blame...

In an attempt to reel herself in, the Inkling gave a thick swallow and coughed, rubbing her eyes as she sniffled. "Th-Thought I--made you m-mad-"

Why was he so nice? She thought he was mad at her.

Brutus seemed legitimately confused. "Huh? Oy'm sorry, Oy'm not mad."

Germana put away her gun, though not before giving Alga a withering glare. "What's with all these Inklings today..." she muttered.

"..." Alga swallowed again and nodded, rubbing her eyes and trying to calm herself down. At least she wasn't outright sobbing anymore... "O-Okay..."

Although, with just how hateful this other Octoling seemed to be, it was probably going to be awhile before she looked up from the floor again.

@xCoCo 1 DE Point

Lili ==> Talk: Germana

"Germana?" she questioned." That's a nice name; can't say I've heard it much."

"Are you reallllllllllllllllllllllllly sure you know nothing about Brutus or Aelia? Because I dont believe you."

Germana looked up, with reddened eyes in what could only be taken as a glare. "Oy told ya! Oy don't. All Oy know is before Brutus wen' missing, they wen' ta check on the Sisters."

She sniffled, continuing on. "Then Aelia came back angry at herself, as usual. And, today, she went to look for 'im and 'asn' reported back in hours."

"You can stop glaring at me, you know?" She gave her a sheepish grin, "Well, all I know is that me, Brutus, and Aelia went to the Squid Sisters house. We found and jumped into one of those kettle things and pew! I ended up here with Aelia."

Lili shrugged, "Aelia told me to wait and only go looking if she didn’t return after a while... so I did then I ran to that weird guy and found myself here. Do you think she had something important to do?"

"Ughhh!" Germana grumbled. "Oy don' know, Oy don' know, Oy don' know! Oy never know anythin'."

"Oy dunno why ya keep askin' me the same question! Oy don' know . Tha's the problem 'ere. No one knows anythin' and we're all scared."

Lili shrugged ever so slightly. "I don't know anything. But I kinda don't wanna be cooped up in here either."

Her gaze focused on the floor. "Sitting here makes me restless. I mean what if Aelia takes a while to get back. I only came here to look for clues about the squids sisters. Not to be locked up." She pouted.

"I think Felix 'as a saying fer this," Germana pondered. "Something about tha's life? Like... we can' expect it ta go the way we want it ta go."

In a flash of anger, she punched a bar. "But what does 'e know? 'e never 'ad anything 'ard! Never los' anybody. 'e's just a bag 'o words, 'e is!"

"I mean yeah. But I can't see me being here beneficial in anyway. I mean I have no information and I don't know anything." Lili stated, "It just seems I dunno, weird?" She scratched the back of her head. Lili nearly jumped when she punched the bAR. "You don't like Felix do you?"

"Oy don'!" Germana hissed. "One day jus' comes in like 'e owns the place, waltzin' aroun' with 'is fancy words and stuff like 'e knows everythin'!"

"Just cause 'e's a son o' an elite 'e thinks 'e's all that." She hmphed.

"I see." Lili stated softly. "He's not supposed to be a leader? He seems to be bossing everyone around."

"But anyway!” Germana went on, ignoring her, “Oy'm not dumb. Ye can jus' as easily be lyin' about not knowin' nothin' and we'd lose a snoopy, snoopy Inklin' wanderin' around where she's not supposed ta."

Lili scoffed. "All you Octolings think the same. You're all suspicious because I'm an inkling. Why can't you all be more like Brutus? It's annoying. I should have never come here with Aelia."

"Ya'd be suspicious too if ya had yer race betrayed by Inklings so many times ya don' even bother ta coun' it anymore," she scoffed.

"But don' get me wrong, i's not like Oy hate ya--we're workin’ with the Sisters, after all. We jus' can' afford ta let our guard down."

"I understand but it doesn't mean all Inklings are that way. I don't think all Octolings are bad." She defended, brows furrowing.

At that last note, her head perked up slightly. "Y-You're working with Sisters?" Lili questioned. "...Then do you know what happened to them? They've been missing for a while."

"People are goin' missin'!" Germana raged, as if that were an answer. "If we knew, I wouldn' be so on edge!"

"Hah! And you're sick of discrimination? Ya've lived with it maybe a day in yer life. Live a whole life o’ it. Ye'll be quite a different person, miss ninny!"

She let out an exasperated sigh. "Have you guys .... even considered this might not entirely be something that involves us Inklings and you Octolings."

"Oh yes, le's just say that there's a sudden mystery race of people that are also wandering around our sewers! Ya cracked the case, pink-fer-brains!" Germana hissed. “Whatever. Point is, we ain’t seen any of them mysteries and we caught one of you. So there’s that.”

"I mean it’s possible right?” Lili said, shrugging. “There are a lot of things unknown to us. I feel like you should keep an open mind. Just ‘cause something bad happened doesn't mean we did it."

Lili’s mind wandered back to the mysterious figure that had taken over the news while the Squid Sisters were absent. "...hey, what if Aelia went missing just like them? With the Squid Sisters gone ...isn't it weird people from both sides are disappearing?" She stared at Germana. "I know you have it rough. But I've had my own share of struggles too you know."

At the mention of Aelia going missing, Germana literally reached through the bars and grabbed Lili by her collar. Pulling her close, Lili could see the tears in Germana's eyes welling again.

"Aelia. Wouldn't. Get. Caught."

Shoving her down through the bars, Germana began to cry again, her nerves dragging her along for the ride.

Lili was caught off guard when German pulled her close by collar, spoke and then let her go, pushing her down; she fell down with a soft thud. "Just because she won't doesn't mean she can't. It’s not impossible." Lili stated before sighing. "You're really emotional. Calm down."

"Just shut up! And leave me alone!"

Crying, Germana marched out of the hallway and slammed the door in her wake.

She was gone.

@VeryButter and @Rustic 2 DE Points

Canchi ==> Talk to: One and Magabelle
Magabelle ==> Talk to: One and Canchi

Canchi slowly shrugged, "I guess we could go looking for him? He's old and a war hero so... He should be easy to find." He cheerfully tacked on, giving the two a smile that may-or-may-not be forced.

"...or maybe we could go to her house," Mag suggested, "there's a chance that she'll still be there."

One looked to each of them in turn, but didn't say anything. At least he was calm, that was good.

Canchi looked between the two, letting the information sink in. Before saying, "I think... we should go with Magabelle's plan. Like, we could always search the Plaza for an old man later, right?"

One nodded along, in agreement. He didn't seem to be thinking about the plans so much as that they held hope of finding Alga.

But he did ask, "b-but how are we g-going to get there?"

"We can just go on foot," Mag answered, "maybe avoid the train station though."

"I think that's just an hour or two to walk." Canchi guessed, shrugging slightly. He wasn't sure about the distance, so he estimated it. "Well, what're we going to say to whoever's home at... Alga's?" He asked them.

"We can ask if she's home," Mag suggested, "or, if it's the person we're looking for, we can ask about those lessons she was going to do with One."

One nods, happy with the plan.

"You do have a lesson with her, right?" Canchi asked One, who seemed to be content with their plan. "I'm just asking."

"W-well..." he stuttered. "Kind of?"

"Good enough for me." Canchi replied

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Skype. Otherwise, please mind the deadline.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: April 13th at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: April 14th

Will be Responded to in GM Post:
Do Nothing [sit back and let the story happen; useful when it would be dangerous to do things]
Talk [use on people you want to start a conversation with]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Sleep [use this when there's nothing left you can do, logically, in the day]
Follow [use this to just keep together with a party member or let an NPC take the lead]

Will be Responded to Immediately:
Conceal [use this action on something you intend to hide on your person]
Pick Up [use this action on something you want to hold onto]
Examine/Observe [use on things that you want more details on]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Search For [use like examine but for things that may or may not be there]
Hide [Insert Applicable Preposition] [use to conceal oneself, usually for a short amount of time]

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade stood paralyzed. He was definitely on the spot now, but his mind was going a million miles per hour trying to think of what to do next.
This situation was a minefield. Kind of literally. What was the right thing to say?

'We assumed you were a spy and couldn't let you skedaddle?'

That "we" was hopeful thinking that Jax and/or Ash agreed with him on this chase, because it was starting to sound like they had stumbled on a complete third party. Sooo not a Deepview spy? This could possibly go well?

Time was ticking. He needed a response.

Calm down. How about: 'Paranoia and conspiracies lead to bad decision making. Sorry to bother you.'
'Didn't meant to drop in suddenly. Love what you've done with the place.'
Winning opening liner: ' If we could actually stay in one piece that'd be great, por favor.'

Awesome. The only things he could think of were casually sarcastic and hiding thinly-veiled stupefaction. Goodbye arms.

Damnit. Could all his loose thoughts stop bouncing around while he was trying to think under post-adrenaline frazzle? Wade's eyes darted away in frustration and...

...Man, that wall.

Reluctantly drawn back to the extruding tentacles, Wade pried his eyes away. He'd stared for half a second and would have probably kept staring. Skin-crawling morbid and mesmerizing. His mind felt even blanker now.

Come on, say anything. Anything. That first thing? Something. ANYTHING??

Free of sarcasm and any semblance of smooth-talking, Wade narrowed his eyes, squinting up at Periwinkle.

"...I thought you were following us first," he suggested.

Talk: Periwinkle
ignore. goodbye arms

Last edited:

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Alga really wasn't sure of what to do now. Not only had she broken down over something so little, she'd done it in front of someone she hardly knew. Worse, they were hostile, and it was more than likely they seemed disgusted with the turn of her emotions. It made her cheeks burn with shame, and as her arms gathered her tentacles close in something of a comforting embrace, she kept her eyes downturned and refuesed to look up no matter how much her curiosity ate at her.

She could just listen to them talk. That was about all she did anyway.

Do: Nothing

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
((T_T))
Mag paused at One's words. Kind of? ... But she shrugged the thought off. Details later.

"Then let's go," she continued after a few moments had passed.

Go To: Alga's House

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( ._. ))
Canchi stared at Magabelle for a moment, watching her walk off.
Then he quickly -and quietly- followed behind, pondering what to say when they reached Alga's house.

Follow: Maggie Magster Belle.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Lili's eyes widened as she watched Germana run off, "Ah - wait!?" However, before she could say anything more her words fell on deaf ears. Letting out a soft sigh she rubbed the back of her head before flopping down in front of the bars. Could she squid out of here? Possibly. But... it was too risky. What if she ran into more Octolings? Her face paled slightly - she was only one Inkling among many Octolings. Shaking her head the young pink-tentacled Inkling decided to simply just sit around and if her nerves let her, head off to sleep, but really there was nothing for her do at this very moment.

Lili; Do Nothing

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Aykorn and @Ashlee DE Points: 2
Ash ==> Autopilot
Wade ==> Talk: Periwinkle

"...I thought you were following us first," Wade suggested.

"You were anomalies, wandering around Octoling territory, but we get yer type once in a while--we leave you be..." the figure began.

"...no, the fact that you followed me to Area 1, then managed to pursue me through the hidden passage, tha's wha's got me concerned."

That line of reasoning was clear; straightforward. It possibly justified stalking. On the other hand...

"Yeeeah," Wade replied. "That sounds ...pretty concerning."

He hesitated with his words. "We weren't... personally looking for you," he tried to explain. Wade paused. Where was he going with this.

"Just... trying to be cautious about who saw us," he said.

"Then it is only by some astounding stroke of luck," Periwinkle went on, "that you managed ta not only follow me here, to this facility?"

He paused.

"Why were you in Octo Valley in the first place? What would make you so cautious as to follow me to determine my intent?"

Huh, Periwinkle had smart questions.

"Searching for someone," Wade retorted with a little more confidence, "and trying not to disappear in the process."

And why would anyone worry about that? Wade got the feeling Periwinkle would know.

"...You saw the people in the main kettle hub earlier," he pointed out.

"Oy did," he said, simply.

After a few moments of silence, it became clear he didn't want to slip anything else in. The threat of a tentacled explosion hung in the air, unspoken, but very real.

Wade gave a small frustrated sigh, tensely gripping his charger. The silence wasn't helping him.

This time, he asked the questions. "What did you mean 'Are ya with 'em?' And who's 'them?'"

The organization that is collaborating with certain sects of the Octarians," Periwinkle stated, guarding his words. "Their goals are primarily out of accords with our own."

"Oy only ask this question because you appeared to be watching them, not watching for them. Do you know who they are?"

Jax turned to Wade, the frown still plastered on his face.

Wade returned the glance in Jax's direction. He made a small motion with his head, a subtle nod towards Periwinkle. See if Jax wanted to speak up and be more eloquent than him.

Wade turned back to Periwinkle. "...Somewhat," he answered, "but they're good at being sort of secretive."

"They go by the name of Deepview," Jax responded. "We have reason to believe they have been making certain political and popular figures disappear, including but not limited to: Annie, a popular shopkeeper, the Squid Sisters, two famous pop stars, Armonious Alex, the President of Squidforce, and a number of others."

"Basically," he went on, "we're very devoted conspiracy theorists."

> Base Roll 6, -2 Suspicious, Dice Pool 4
> 3 Successes on Diplomacy Roll

After Jax spoke, the tunnel was silent. The words hung in the air, thick as molasses, until finally, everyone's nerves were assauged.

"...then Oy suppose that puts us on the same side," Periwinkle said, finally breaking the silence. "Assuming you're telling the truth, of course."

"Well... I've been told I'm bad at lying." Wade weakly joked. "And I think we've got incentive.”

But after a moment Wade spoke up again.

"Hey, speaking of which, if we're on the same side, can we... uh," Wade uneasily cracked a smile smiled. "Can we not be blown up, or drilled, or subjected to the 'tentacle wall'? ...Can I stand awkwardly somewhere else?"

"Or, ha, whatever you want to do" Wade suggested. "Whatever works."

"Oy don' like to be powerless, so no," Periwinkle replied, in a matter-of-fact tone. "And even if we are on the same side, Oy don' think that Oy 'ave the authority to invite someone into our base of operations."

"...Oy will, however, permit you to leave, after Oy give you this." He tossed a card out to the group. It fell a little short, but it wasn't more than a few feet away. On the card was a number... and that was all.

"My name is Cato. Now go."

Wade almost looked disappointed. However, “whatever” counted as an olive branch and that was better than nothing.

He kept his eyes trained on Cato, and stepped forward, snatching the card off the ground. With a frown, Wade quickly backed away.

He turned back to Jax and Ash. "I guess we leave with our limbs intact?"

"Wait," Ash piped up. "Wait wait wait, but why would we contact you!?"

...it was a good point. He'd said they were on the same side but... about what exactly?

Wade flipped over the card for a thoughtful moment, inclined to agree with Ash.

"...You said you didn't agree with Deepview. So then who up there just did?" He asked. "I mean... would you know more about this?"

"Oy am not at liberty to reveal that," Cato entoned. "...besides, we don' wanna go throwing blame around when we're not entirely sure, ourselves."

"But my meaning in giving you our number is to attempt to collect information. If you call that number, we'll record yours--then call you in for an interview in time."

Cato seemed to sigh and it was noticeable even from a distance. "Is that all?"

Wade frowned again. This was starting to sound like some screwed up internal-system cuttlecrap. He honestly felt kind of bad.

"No, I guess not," Wade said, "but you... definitely weren't the contact. Not even close. Was there anyone else you've seen in Area 1?"

"People are always coming and going," Cato responded. "If you would like, we can keep an oye open for any suspicious happenings in Area 1. Anything that might lead us toward solving this tangled mess."

"But more immediately," he went on, "no, nothing comes ta mind. Though that's not my area ta patrol."

Wade looked up for a moment, processing these new puzzle pieces. He simply nodded, then started to turn back the way they came.

Pausing to reply over his shoulder, Wade responded, "That'd be cool."

"... And I'll see if I can call you back later. Name's Wade."

@Banshee 1 DE Point

Alga ==> Do Nothing

Alga contented herself not to say anything. She felt like an intruder here, with Germana's presence so imposing the room. Even though she was no longer crying, pointing a gun at Alga, or making snide remarks, the Octoling's presence was imposing.

That made it kind of weird to just go back to watching cartoons, but that's just what they did. Brutus, probably because he wanted to see the ending, but Alga slunk back in the couch simply out of embarrassment. She was thankful that Germana took the place next to Brutus that put the kindly Octoling between them.

"Yesssssssss!" Brutus yelped at the climax of the episode. Soon after, the credits were rolling and he was excitedly explaining how cool things were to both Germana and Alga. Germana didn't seem to make a big deal out of it--apparently this was a pretty common occurrence.

He went on for at least a good ten minutes and Alga, still lost in her emotions, didn't notice when Brutus said, "hey hey! Wanna see my room?"

Alga shrugged, looking away from Brutus. It was still embarrassing to make eye contact after what she did. Brutus, however, took the shrug as a sign of enthusiasm, because he pulled Alga by her arm so forcefully, he might have dislocated something.

...good thing Inklings don't have bones.

"Alright, so, his is the 'allway! Uh... not much ta see 'ere but it leads ta our rooms!" Alga was a bit despondent, but she did notice... was that Lili behind bars!?

@xCoCo 1 DE Point

Lili ==> Do Nothing

There wasn't much to do at this point. The guard had left. There was no one to talk to. It was a posh prison, but a prison nonetheless.

Letting curiosity get the best of her, Lili tried to squid through the bars, but it was no use. Something about touching the bars made her solid again.

So... there was nothing to do but to sit... and wait.

> Luck Roll (1)
> 1 Success

It wasn't long, however, before something interesting came up to break Lili's attention from her current captivity. "...this is the 'allway," echoed a familiar voice. "Uh... not much ta see 'ere but it leads ta our rooms!"

Changing location in the room so that Lili could get a better look out, she saw Alga and Brutus!

What a stroke of luck!

@VeryButter and @Rustic 2 DE Points

Canchi ==> Follow: Maggy Mag Magsteroni
Magabelle ==> Go To: Alga's House

Resolved to not take the long route through the tunnel to get back to their neighborhood, Mag and Canchi put their heads together to figure the best way home.

> Magabelle:
> Base Pool 4; +2 Familiar Routes; -3 Quake Panic; Dice Pool 3
> 3 Successes

>
Canchi:
> Base Pool 4; +2 Familiar Routes; -3 Quake Panic; Dice Pool 3
> 2 Successes

It doesn't take them long to figure that the best way home is to take the emergency bus system that seemed to be set up as people were panicking over the train. The biggest issue was just finding it.

Canchi figured the best way to find the route would be to go to the train station, and, though it's closed, there's a worker standing outside. After a few questions, they find that there's a stop close by... but the bus is about to leave!

The two dash as fast as they can to the stop and it looks like the last passengers are getting on, but the bus is in the distance. Outstripping the other two, Magabelle vaults over rubble and debris, surprising even herself at her athleticism. She manages to get to the bus in time to stop the driver.

At first he's reluctant, the Shrimp driver shrugs and figures waiting a few more seconds for the other two to catch up can't hurt. Sure enough, One and Canchi arrive soon after, they all pay their fees, and are soon on their way back home.

It isn't more than twenty minutes before the bus reaches their neighborhood, and it's just a ten minute walk to Alga's house.

...now what?

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Skype. Otherwise, please mind the deadline.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: April 20th at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: April 21st

Will be Responded to in GM Post:
Do Nothing [sit back and let the story happen; useful when it would be dangerous to do things]
Talk [use on people you want to start a conversation with]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Sleep [use this when there's nothing left you can do, logically, in the day]
Follow [use this to just keep together with a party member or let an NPC take the lead]

Will be Responded to Immediately:
Conceal [use this action on something you intend to hide on your person]
Pick Up [use this action on something you want to hold onto]
Examine/Observe [use on things that you want more details on]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Search For [use like examine but for things that may or may not be there]
Hide [Insert Applicable Preposition] [use to conceal oneself, usually for a short amount of time]

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Alga did a double-take, and it was, in fact, Lili standing there behind the bars. What even? How was she in there, and why? Heck, where was Aelia?

The Inkling's face twisted in confusion, and uncertainly she glanced at Brutus while keeping her gaze away from Germana. He hadn't seem to have noticed... Should she tell him? It might be in her best interest if she did.

"H-Hey, um..." Feebly, she reached out to tap his shoulder. "Uh...Is that...L-Lili over there? Behind the bars...?"

Alga was pretty sure that she wasn't supposed to be there.

Talk: Brutus (?)

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( floof ))

"Welp, I guess we just walk up to her house and get knocking on the door?" Canchi asked his two companions while he walked off the bus. "Better get going, so I didn't just waste a bunch of snails for nothing." He pointedly said towards One, still salty about his recently deprived snail wallet. He looked up at her house, it looked... pretty damn bad, probably because of that earthquake from earlier. Climbing over a fallen tree in front of the door, he dropped down from it and rapidly knocked on the door.

He looked back to survey the yard. It didn't look particularly good, but he got the feeling that it would've looked great, otherwise he would've noticed the very, very shoddily taken care of yard and maybe then, he wouldn't have had to fork over a ton of snails! But, what's done is done. He can't get any new rerolls anytime soon.

""Uh... Excuse me, but is Alga there?"" He asked himself, then he shook his head, "nah, that sounds creepy... Maybe, "Excuse me, sir and madam, but by any chance is Alga home?"" He continued to rattle off what he would say to the people who answer the door.

(( Knock on the door/Talk to Door Answerer(?) ))

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
(( fluff ))
Mag stood behind Canchi, and while he mumbled to himself, she decided to talk with One. Or, at least, ask him a few questions.

"Hey... One?" Mag looked at the boy, "...what's your mother's name?"

Talk: One (and whoever eventually answers the door)

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade flipped the card over once more, already planning to save the number when he got the chance.

After encountering all of these Octolings, --Wade was pretty sure Cato was an Octoling from his perspective on the collusion-- and stray Deepview dealings, and then this no-show on the contact's part ...there was a lot to sort out. Like, what to do next?

Periwinkle-- Ha, no. Cato was confirmed anti-Deepview for now so trailing him had been a good move at least --straightened that out,-- but that left the more immediate and looming threat. The common enemy ...which Wade honestly hadn't planned to run into so soon.

For some reason, he'd thought Octo Valley was an arbitrary rendezvous point for organizing a break in, but Octo Valley sounded entrenched in this mess. There was no way it wasn't a deliberate location anymore, not when one could walk into shady business deals off the beaten path from an agreed meeting point.

"Business consulting," was it? Shady negotiations seemed to be in line with their "mission statement," all considering the recent news. Not to mention...

Wade spared a glance back at Jax. The president of SquidForce? Really?

That hypothesis where Deepview could screw with any brand name company? Confirmed, but Holy Ones of the Deep, that wasn't comforting.

Wade gave Ash and Jax a quick shrug, then motioned for them to start leaving. Maybe they could collectively come up with the next move forward, or just bounce ideas around until they realized something.

Talk: Jax and Ash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom