• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

-Missing- IC Thread: RP Cast Filled

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Living in the same neighborhood as the Squid Sisters wasn't as glamorous as many thought it would have been. Instead of feeling some semblance of elation at even being anywhere near their presence in some way, shape, or form, Alga felt only the growing discomfort mounted on top of everything else she was feeling.

She snuck some fair distance away, and the moment she stepped foot on the property the Inkling dove behind a large, primly-cut bush standing at a formidable height in comparison to her own. From her vantage point she observed the duo, wiping her forehead a bit to get rid of any sweat and breathing heavily more in an effort to calm herself than anything.

This...didn't look good. They were sneaking onto the Squid Sisters' property, the missing idols who everyone was frantic over, and one was hiding a Splattershot in her midst.

Cautiously, when she was assured the two was out of range, Alga stepped from her hiding spot and continued on after them.

Continue Shadowing: Inklings

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
She really didn't know how to deal with him - rubbing the back of her head Lili followed him to - eye brows raising curiously at the note he found. How was he able to see something that small? Did Ocatarions have better vision or something? Surely; she herself would have missed it herself.

Hm? She peaked at the note - "Stay. Put. Be here in two hours behind the house"

"Brutus. She probably knew that you'd make your way here." The Inkling crossed her arms tapping her foot.
"She must have known you lost your wallet when you didn't meet up with them again - or go back home." In any case they couldn't sit here for two hours could they?

"Brutus - what do you want to do? We can walk around for a bit and then come back?" Sure the note said stay out - but standing in front of the Squid Sisters house for two hours!? That would look jelly suspicious!
It would be best to make their intentions unknown and return here - besides - Lili had a better memory then Brutus.... she wouldn't get lost. Or maybe two hours had already passed and it was best to check first? What of they were waiting? "Actually let's see if your friends are in the back first."

Go To: Back of Sisters' House

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Search For: Note

There were a lot of Vending Machines in this alley.
Wade spend quite some time checking each one for the note, but, after some time finally found the piece of paper.

On it were a set of directions that led further down the alley--"five doors down; to the right. I'll leave it unlocked."

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade peeled the note off the vending machine, pocketing it as to not leave it out in the open.
Five doors down to the right, huh?

Looking for the note probably took longer than it needed to, since he forgot which vending machine Jax would put it on, but Wade stopped to buy a soft drink anyway.

His first thought was to run in the specified direction to make up lost time, but... he needed to not be obvious. Buy a drink and not be so urgent. Make it look like he needed a specific vending machine to buy from, in case anyone was curious.

...There wasn't really anyone around, but he was still thirsty so there.

But yeah, he was moving. Wade sauntered towards where the note lead.

Go To: Jax's place/ Note location

lonelyrollingsquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Selfcat
Kiki watched them leave dazed. Still in shock from being interrogated and having a squidding weapon held against her, she needed to lie down.
Of course, the universe was against her and her bed was covered by her dislodged shelf. So she took to just standing there, disorientated.
Mind hazy and twiddling with the card in her hand.
Oh yeah. The card. Turning it over in her hands she began to examine it.

Examine: Card

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Examine: Card

The card wasn't anything complicated, in fact, maybe it was too plain.
All it was was a rectangular slip of stiff paper with a number printed on it. No address, no name... nothing.

"You didn't see us" indeed. The event was mortifying... what were these people planning to do? What had they done?

And I hope this is the last time I have to introduce characters

@Aykorn 1 credit
Go To: Jax's place/ Note location

Jax was a really cautious guy, all considered, though his choice to meet in some building from a dark alleyway was just sort of... shady. Well, he was already kind of invested in all this, so Wade went onward.

One, two, three doors... it was curious, honestly, what kind of job led Jax to be so suspicious. Deepview was weird from the getgo, but it was pretty normal to just brush off the odd or try to ignore it. What kind of person was he?

Four, five... here it was. A quick test showed the door was open. Wade couldn't deny he was still a little suspicious. Maybe this was how Deepview got people? Making them think that they had someone trustworthy and then killing them silently? Or rezzing their memory? Wade did not want to end up like that slosher... with a sloshed brain, that is.

Tentatively, though, he still went through. He was too invested now to back out. The room was dark and Wade had to pull out his phone for light.

Scattered about on the floor were pots and pans of all kind, shelves were bare and shards of porcelain were scattered about. It was a sad sight. A door at the end of the room, around a center table, was left ajar and light was flooding from it.

As Wade traveled further in, he heard the clink of the door behind him. It wasn't too late to turn back. He could still leave.

But no. Jax was waiting. Sucking in a deep breath to bolster his bravado, Wade moved onward. In the room, sipping some tea, was Mr. Edgy himself.

"Hope you don't mind," he began, "I made some tea. Come, take a seat." It appeared to be a cafe. The shutters were down, though and the only thing that seemed to have survived the quake untipped or broken was the table that Jax had now sat down in.

Three chairs were set up. One for Jax, one presumably for Wade and the other for... who?

What now, Wade?

@lonelyrollingsquid 1 Credit

Kiki is pondering her card.

@Banshee

Shadow: Inklings

Even with the huge case, Alga still managed to avoid detection. Maybe tailing people was easier than she thought! Slowly, cautiously, she slipped from her hiding place to another corner where she was sure that the two wouldn't notice her.

She could make out some of their conversation, but nor much. One of them, the girl, was saying something about being here? Or someone coming here? Or knowing someone was here? Who was here?

Alga wanted to hear more, but her position made it impossible to hear more. They said something though... about going into the back? When she thought they'd moved to the back, Alga made her move. Slowly, cautiously--she tripped.

There had been a small picket fence, a decorative once for the plants, right at her feet. Stupid, stupid! And now, the muddy-haired inkling found herself facefirst on the ground.

Looking up, Alga though, why am I not surprised. Right in front of her were the duo. The gun case had fallen to the ground next to her... it wasn't out of reach, but unlatching it would take time she didn't have.

"Oi!" said the boy, "ya okay?" He seemed legitimately concerned.

@xCoCo 1 Credit

Go To: Back of Squid Sister's House

It made sense to go to the back.
There was no way of really knowing when that note was left, but it was likely that, if this Aelia is coming, she would have taken the note after coming to check.

So, beckoning Brutus, Lili made her way backyard. After a quick turn, though, she found that the door was locked. No padlock, but a simple "flick up" latch. Easy!

Though after a few seconds of jimmying it it turned out to be stuck. It didn't seem rusty so why wasn't it opening? A half a minute passed and Lili finally gave up. "Darn..."

Brutus, who had been watching a caterpillar until then, finally looked up and asked, absentmindedly, "what? Oh the door?" He got up to the door, cracked his knuckles and said, "leave it ta me!"

Half expecting him to bust down the door, Lili began to stop him... until he simply grabbed one of the lower bars, pulled up a little bit, then tried the lock. Opened easy.

"Ya learn the trick after a bit! After yuu," his overly-annunciated 'you' was cute, and she had to suppress a giggle at Brutus's attempt at proper Inkling.

The suppressed giggle quickly turned into a gasp as, from behind the corner, an Inkling tripped out onto the path--an inkling with... brown-green tentacles? A heavy case clattered to the ground next to her.

"Oi!" Brutus began, not missing a beat, "ya okay?"

@SP3CT3R 3 Credits

Eric is going to be mind controlled.

@Ashlee

Ash Fox had had a long day, which was amazing considering only an hour had passed. She lived near the center of the city and they had been hit hard by the quake... or so she had heard. News on media websites had made it clear that many of the outlying areas had made it out without a scratch... maybe a tremor or two but nothing that could be called harsh.

Inkopolis, on the other hand, had had it rough. Ash was lucky she had made it out of her apartment in time to see it topple. And if that wasn't enough, this politician wasn't making anything better.

Like most of the now homeless, Ash had made her way to the center plaza of the city for an emergency meeting where some political figurehead was trying to convince everyone that everything would be okay.

Even though it was clear things weren't Ash tried to look on the bright side. She just had to find it first. But she was pretty sure it wasn't anywhere in this huge crowd--a crowd teetering on the edge of mob-status.

Trying to avoid being part of an angry crowd, Ash moved herself to the outskirts of it. There, she was pushed out of the way by a surprisingly rough inkling... octoling? His hair was weird.

She wanted to tell him the be more careful, but he was quickly lost in the crowd. Looking back where she came from, she saw another Inkling. He appeared to be looking through vending machines?

After a moment, he seemed to find the right one and leave with a can of something... but there was something off about it. Where did he go?

What do you do Ash?

@VeryButter

Magabelle woke with a yawn--odd. Her alarm hadn't gone off. She was a pretty deep sleeper so she made sure that she always set an early alarm--it made sure that she would be up on time for her strict Turf War practice schedule.

Maybe it was paying off and she wouldn't need the alarm soon! That was a great thought!

So, literally rolling out of bed, Magabelle fell onto the floor and hit her head on her nightstand. For the love of everything Deep that smarts! Now, that shouldn't have been there!

And that wasn't the only thing misplaced. So many things in her room were out of order. Objects had from shelves, shelves themselves had found themselves on the floor. Her door was slightly ajar... that never happened.

What was going on? Walking out of her room, a heavy toy roller in-hand, she crept out of her room. Her heart was beating, every turn in her house was a scare.

Bathroom. Kitchen. Master Bedroom... every room was empty and trashed. Magabelle was about to give up and begin cleaning the mess when she looked outside. Where a power line should have been was... nothing.

Now she knew something was off. Tentatively, she crept to the door. Outside was a mess. Destruction. Toppled trees and powerlines, glass... this wasn't a burglary.

But what had happened? Looking around, the only person there was Magabelle's new neighbor. The older inkling looked just as distressed as she felt. But maybe she had a better idea of what was going on.

What do you do Magabelle?

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Skype. Deadline is later because I'm moving tomorrow and will not have stable internet.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: Monday, 28th of September at Midnight PST
Gm Post will be Made: Tuesday 29th of September at Midnight PST

Will be Responded to in GM Post:
Talk [use on people you want to start a conversation with]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Sleep [use this when there's nothing left you can do, logically, in the day]

Will be Responded to Immediately:
Conceal [use this action on something you intend to hide on your person]
Examine/Observe [use on things that you want more details on]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Search For [use like examine but for things that may or may not be there]
Hide [Insert Applicable Preposition] [use to conceal oneself, usually for a short amount of time]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
Ash's fox ears seemed to flick as she watched the inkling walk off with the can. For some reason, it struck her as suspicious. A gut feeling that told her there was something fishy going on. Earthquakes never happened in Inkopolis. And was that an Octoling that bumped into her? Something was most definitely wrong, and she, being the curious Inkling she was, wanted to get to the bottom of it.

And so, she slipped around and through the crowd, to stealthily follow after the other Inkling, flipping the hood of her jacket up for both stealth and comfort - Her jacket made her feel safer, for some reason, despite having no abilities on it. Right about now, she wished she had her Octobrush. It always made her feel better, when it was in her hands.. And after watching her apartment come toppling down, she needed all the comfort she could get.

Shadow: Inkling with the can

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
((I have 1 credit))

Wade hesitated, not really sure what his reaction should be.

A dark cafe in ruins, with Jax expectantly sitting at the one upright piece of furniture? It was like a miniature hurricane had struck the room and Jax had calmly sat in the eye of the storm, quaintly sipping tea.

The irony --that he had been thinking of heading to a cafe before being wrapped up in this and now had found himself at one anyway-- was not lost on him. It was a bit unsettling, aside from the setting in the earthquake wreckage, in general. Not that that could be helped, the center of the city really did get hit hard.

He blinked at Jax. This whole situation was picturesque of some suspenseful mafia or detective movie. Sketchy meeting spots, cryptic contacts... To be fair, detective movies were based of the sort of things that were happening now. Thus the similarities. If this was sign that Wade as royally entrenched in this conspiracy drama, sign taken.

Wade realized he probably looked like some naive, woodland bird, peeking his head out of the treetops to inspect the complex world.

...Why not go approach this, showing the resolve he actually had. Wade walked over and pulled up a chair, the one facing right in front of Jax.

"I do not mind tea, at all," Wade told him. "In fact, would have totally preferred it over Grape flavored Tidal Wave," Wade joked, setting down the half empty can he had drank from anyway.

Talk to: Jax

(([Eric]))
Struck with a horrible feeling as the men reported, Eric looked back at the shining green stone on his desk.

"Secured target's respawn stones"? What could that mean? He thought that to himself, not knowing if he wanted to know the answer.

Examine: Respawn stone

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Examine: Respawn Stone

At the mention of the spawnstones, Eric couldn't help but glance over to his own.
His was a polished emerald gem, cut to a simple sphere. It was beautiful in its simplicity.

Taking someone's respawn stone though... that was a felony. Without those, true death was something that could loom around the corner at any time.

...surely they knew that? Then again they did assault the house with weird weapons. Breaking and entering and probably intended murder? Wow.

Talk To: Jax

"I do not mind tea, at all," Wade told him. "In fact, would have totally preferred it over Grape flavored Tidal Wave," Wade joked, setting down the half empty can he had drank from anyway.

Jax calmly poured more tea from his thermos into a cup that appeared to have belonged to the cafe. “Yes, that stuff is more caffeine and sugar than grape, I’m afraid.” After he had finished pouring the tea, he pushed the cup over to Wade.

Taking a quick sip, he said, “so, what did you find out? That was fast, after all. I didn’t expect to hear from you for at least a few more days.”

Wade grabbed the tea, holding the warm bevarage up as he answered. “Yeah, well I might be rushing into this. Found something online that more or less gave me a deadline for 3 days.” Wade thought on that for a second. “To be honest, I don’t know if I found out a lot as much as I found a lead.”

He was still being overly cryptic, but Wade wasn’t sure how to start spilling what he knew, or even if he should. He wanted to outright say everything --Lord, did he want to-- but not yet. Wade took a casual sip and peered up at Jax.

“Three days? What would make you think that?” he raised his tea up to bask in the steam and enjoy the fragrance. “I guess what I’m asking is this: what kind of lead?”

Wade paused for a moment, trying to think of the right words. “Okay, this online thing? Someone anonymously pieced together… how completely sketch Deepview is, and for the most part, the crazy conspiracy facts are checking out. But so far, there hasn’t been anything on the Sisters or Annie.”

Wade bridged his fingers. “They’re going to go... investigate Deepview for themselves. Anyone who can defend themselves is welcome to join if they can find them.”

After taking a small sip of his drink, Jax plainly asked, “do you think it’s legit? I’m sure you noticed the cheap audio manipulations in the answering machine. These people aren’t afraid to send out misinformation to throw people off the trail.”

Setting down his cup, the inkling started to twiddle his fingers. “This may be the exact opposite thing. A lure to call in people who are interested. I’m never one to discount a lead, but I want to ask, again, how legit do you think this is? Is there any way to verify?”

Wade smirked. “So you did pick up on the fake recordings.” He took a quick inhale and took off his hat, pulling out the notepad.

“Mm, to be perfectly fair,” Wade began, “I don’t know if it’s a lure or not, but I do know that this person knows what they’re talking about. Aside from the extra cautious “use a proxy” warning on their post, which is probably down by now, they happened to mention a pretty freaky way Deepview has been keeping people quiet. Wiping people’s memories.”

Wade started flipping through the notepad, looking for the details of the meet as he kept explaining. “Which sounds just about as stupid as it is, but someone in my apartment building was apparently a giant Squid Sister’s fan until a little while ago. Then… he took a mysterious trip to Octo valley and then,” Wade gave a low whistle.

“I see… well it can’t hurt to look into in more detail, then,” he grinned slightly, which was hard to see in the dark. “So, where are they asking to be found?”

“Octo Valley, neutral ground, zone 1,” Wade read off. “Bring a weapon, 2 days wait.”

Wade frowned, “Uh, yeah, heading to Octo Valley after that seems a little counter intuitive, but Simone didn’t exactly have it all together. I’m pretty sure we’re missing part of the picture. He had a lot to say about Octarians drilling in the Valley, but I’m not sure how that’s related.”

“Me either,” Jax admitted, “though it might be connected to this quake, if true. But then again, it could be the ravings of a madman.” He took another sip of his tea and was quiet for a moment. Gears seemed to be turning in his head as he contemplated different options.

Finally, he seemed to decide something and said, “I’m trailing a person. Maybe an Octoling, maybe an Inkling--those are the only two I could think of them being. The trail ends in Octo Valley so I’m headed in that direction anyway. I wouldn’t mind coming along. But first, there’s another matter of business.”

Holding up a large ring of keys, the Inkling said, “we need to be armed, right?”

Wade leaned in, grinning. “This is more or less where I hoped this conversation was going.”

He finally took his own sip of tea. “So you definitely knew more about the phone automation. Seriously, did you go to check out the Deepview building?”

“Yes,” Jax said, then he backtracked, “well, kind of. I paid attention to an internet news board--it’s been deleted now. See, they decided to go to the Deepview building for answers en masse a week or so after the Squid Sisters’ disappearance. A huge group went in. No one came out.”

Taking one last chug of his tea, Jax set down his cup and started pacing. “A few of them were people I knew personally. So, I knew that the people returned. They exhibited the same signs you were talking about--loss of memory.”

He started searching through the keyring, seeming to know each one by feel. “That is what I know about the Deepview Building. I wouldn’t want to enter without more information.”

Wade blinked, kind of astonished by how quick that turned dark. Again, he didn’t quite know what to say so he took a quiet sip of tea.

“Damn, sorry. Uh,” Wade stopped. He really didn’t have anything to apologize for. “I mean, they just stormed the place, right? No one knew there wouldn’t be a legitimate business on the other end.”

“Yeah, basic protest over the fact that no one could get any information,” Jax shrugged, noncommittally, “nothing too complicated. I went there to collect some information for the paper the next day. After seeing the results, I figured it best to not publish that article.”

“That… was probably smart,”was all Wade could think to say. He blinked before downing all of his tea, then standing up and slipping his hat back on. “Weapons. Right. I guess we should lock this place up… This place is yours, right?”

“No,” Jax said, flatly, “I just know a lot of people.” And with that, he started for the door.

((One credit spent))

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Oh, no.

They'd seen her. They'd seen her, she was caught, no no this had been such a bad idea no no no NO---

"I--"

Alga shook visibly, face going pale as sweat beaded her brow, and had to continually remind herself to breathe, forcing air into her lungs despite the difficulty of such a task. This wasn't good, she couldn't concentrate, everything was a mess and she couldn't breathe--

A sound left her, something akin to a mixture between a sheeze and a dry sob, and as her vision went blurred she attempted to stand. Her stomach twisted painfully, and she had feeling she was going to throw up if she didn't wind up passing out first.

A surge of cold swept through her body, irrational considering the warm temperatures of the day, and as the Inkling struggled for air she made an attempt to focus. She concentrated on the ground with all of her senses, paying no mind to the duo in front of her as she picked out each individual crack and pebble littering the spot of her attentions. It wasn't much - she had never been good at calming down - but the Inklings in front of her, they wouldn't wait. They wouldn't wait, and no amount of anxiety would deter them from shooting her, she knew.

So despite every reservation, despite her body screaming at her to run run run get out of there, Alga painstakingly looked up, took a breath, and spoke.

"Wh-What--"

She broke off quickly, coughing and backing up a step towards her weapon without thought while wiping her eyes which were by now a mess of tears. Alga tried again. "What a-a-are y-you...doing h-here."

Talk: Duo

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
(([Eric]))
Okay, that was alarming.

Making panicked haste, Eric snatched his respawn stone off his desk, resigning to put it anywhere that wasn't so obvious, like under one of his shelves or under his bed. While searching for a good place to hid his stone, Eric also started looking for a weapon. He might need something to defend himself.

Eric had to have something that spread ink laying around. Maybe a .gal, a slosher, preferably a heavy splattling? ....The heavy splattling might be, well heavy, but that splash wall might buy him some time to get down the window.

Conceal: respawn stone, Search for: weapon

Last edited:

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
((mmm))
Magabelle gawked at the destruction littered around. How does this happen and not wake her up? Normally she needs an alarm to wake up anyways, but surely this would've made more noise?

Glancing around, she noticed her new neighbour within the mess. Maybe they was awake during whatever happened? They looked distressed enough. So, walking up to the inkling, she asked, "Hey, do you know what happened?"
Talk: Neighbour

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Conceal: respawn stone, Search for: weapon

No more time to panic. Eric's first course of action was to snatch his respawn stone and shove it in his jacket. He could find a safer place for it later, but on him was probably the safest place at the moment--if these people were determined, they might ransack the house and look for it after he'd left after all.

Next, a weapon. Never before had he thought that he'd have to use his weapon in his own room. Still, it only took a second to flip up the covers from under his bed, pull out a case, and unlatch it revealing a .52 Gal; basic loadout of Splash Wall and Killer Wail.

This one wasn't a weapon to tinker with: this was a weapon that he had a full license for at his parent's bequest. Though it was comforting to have in-hand, it was worrying to think that he might have to use it soon. He'd never thought he'd have to.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
(([Eric]))

There were only moments before the suits got up to his room. With one wary glance back at the door, Eric made his way to the ladder, 52 .gal and respawn stone in tow. Wherever he went after getting down the window was another thing, but for now, he just needed to escape.

Go To: Outside by window

lonelyrollingsquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Selfcat
Kiki pondered the odd card for a while, before slipping it into her pocket. Confused and anxious, she began to pace up and down her apartment.

There was plenty and nothing on her mind. At forst she replayed the recent happenings over, but that was stressful, so she thought about the earthquake instead.

It got worse the closer you got to the centre of Inkopolis, and that was always easy to travel to if she needed to investigate. She might be kicked out by officials if the damage was too bad.
She wondered if the shops at Booyah Base would still be open. It was unlikely, but she needed new headphones, her own had broke a couple of days ago.

She decided she'd go. She wouldn't mind if she found nothing, she just wanted to get away from here for a while.

Go To: Central Inkopolis

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
And I hope this is the last time I have to introduce characters

@Aykorn 1 credit--oops built up again--
Cleaning up a tea party.

@lonelyrollingsquid 1 Credit

Go To: Central Inkopolis

It took some time to get to Inkopolis, even by foot, even how close-by Kiki was to the plaza, relatively speaking. The walk was nearly forty minutes--much more than it normally would be. Even certain walking paths were closed off, which was unheard of. Even during road work, the city made sure that there was room for people to walk everywhere.

What really hit it home was seeing a five story building toppled into the street. How many people were lost to that...

The plaza itself was filled with more people than Kiki had ever seen. The crowd, no, mob, filled every nook and cranny of the main plaza while an elected official attempted to keep everything calm and failing. In fact, the only reason they were probably still unsplatted was because a few burly bodyguards were protecting the railing leading up to him.

You couldn't blame him for being unable to do anything for anyone in this time. No one was prepared.

The shops appear to be closed, which made sense. No new headphones, anyway. What now Kiki?

@Banshee and @xCoCo Coco has 1 credit.

Confluence

"Wh-What--"

She broke off quickly, coughing and backing up a step towards her weapon without thought while wiping her eyes which were by now a mess of tears. Alga tried again. "What a-a-are y-you...doing h-here."

"Well Oy'm sorry for bein' worried." Brutus puffed. He seemed annoyed at Alga, even though it was clear that he was doing something wrong.

Then again, it might not be something he recognized as “wrong”…

Lili crossed her arms; looking over the figure that had just appeared. "I could ask you the same thing." The inkling rubbed her head. "Why are you here? Were you following us?" She shook her head. "Err, better yet, you just fell are you okay?" Sure, Lili had her suspicions but... couldn't hurt to hear her out; did it?

"I-I--- J-Just--"

Oh squid, it was so hard to breathe, she couldn't do this. She couldn't, she couldn't.

She had to.

Alga stared at the two through the tears in her eyes, reaching up with trembling fingers in an effort to wipe them away as she responded. "Answer-- A-Answer the q-question..."

Uh... why was she scared? Awkwardly Lili rubbed the back of her head. "Uh, miss? You don't need to be scared. We aren't going to hurt you." She tried to calm down the young female. "You don't need to cry! Ah!" She seemed shocked by her tears. Were they scary?!

"Uhm," She digged into her pocket and pulled out a napkin holding it out to her.

"We are here for our own personal reasons." Lili stated softly. "Were you curious is that why you followed us? But you don't need to scared. We're not going to hurt ya! Calm down and take a deep breath, Miss."

"Yeah, ya don' need ta be frightened o' us. I couldn't hurt a fly!" Brutus beamed. "At leas' tha's what Aelia say."

He seemed proud of being harmless.

It was hard to take this squid's words to heart; she carried a Splattershot with her, a weapon that could easily splat her in her defenselessness. Her friend wasn't much better.

Nevertheless Alga struggled to take her advice, stepping back and avoiding the offered napkin as she concentrated solely on breathing. In and out, like the web said. Relax...

When the Inkling next spoke, some composure was back in her voice, and though she still shook it was considerably tamer. "Y-You have... A weapon..."

Lili pouted slightly when she refused to take the napkin. "Eh!?" The female inkling glanced down at the Splattershot. "Is that what you're afraid of? I don't know you. You haven't attacked me. Why would I splat you?" Lili rubbed her head. "Besides, it's dangerous, and I'm a roller so my aim isn't good. I'd probably miss you. What's your name, Miss? I'm Lili." Maybe an introduction might, uh, help calm things?

Alga responded hesitantly, licking her lips and coughing once before speaking with some trepidation. "...Alga..." Her gaze moved to the one beside Lili and narrowed just so. He looked a little familiar. Not much certainly, but something about him was off...

"Him?"

"Me?" Brutus asked, a huge grin on his face. "Oi'm Brutus! Nice ta' meet'cha! We're lookin' for my friends." Apparently having his help scorned didn't seem to keep him from being positive. Nor did the tag of stranger exclude someone from his trust.

Quietly did Alga back up, and her gaze never left them as she took hold of the weapon case that she had dropped during her fit. "Why are you-- Wh-Why are you here?"

Even despite her reservations, she wasn't leaving until she got some answers.

Lili seemed confused by what was happening. Did Alga and Brutus know each other? Huh? Either way the situation was not looking so... great right now. Her eyes narrow at Alga when she picked up the weapon that she had dropped - almost immediately she had sidestepped in front of Brutus - her hand on the Splattershot.

"Alga? I could be asking you the same question. Why do you want to know? It's none of your concern isn't it? How.... how are we supposed to trust a random stranger who followed us here?!"

The last thing she wanted Alga to know was that Brutus was an Octoling.... and that they were heading to the Sister's house to get some clues as well as find Brutus's friends.

She grit her teeth, and though she felt a surge of fear when Lili fingered the Splattershot, she also felt something else - anger.

"I ask because you're on the Squid Sisters' property, private property that nobody is allowed to trespass on. Everyone in the neighborhood knows that." Her voice shook, but it had a bite to it that it seldom had. Nice though they may be, these two were turning out to be less than welcoming it looked like.

"Oy!" Brutus exclaimed angrily, probably reacting more to the emotion in the words than the vernacular itself. "Oi ain't nevah pried a vate! Whatever the inkin' hell that is."

His cheeks puffed in frustration.

Lili whipped her face to glance at Brutus; "Oi! You don't know what's going on do ya?" She would have laughed at his response had their not been a tension in the air. "Oi! Why are you being so angry?" She puffed her own cheeks out. "We're only going there to see if we can find clues. Come on - they've been missing for months! We're only concerned and want to see if we can find anything. Yeesh - we aren't here to steal anything or....anything. If wanted to we'd be more smart and come out at night."

She could tell Alga that that much' but she wasn't going to tell her about Brutus' true identity... or his friends.

Alga considered the other's words carefully, looking down as she thought. There was always the obvious method - she could call the law and have them sort things out. Still, she didn't have her shellphone with her, so that was out of the question. She could be splatted the moment she tried to leave.

After a moment, the Inkling tightened her grip to the weapon case and cracked it open, hand settling at the opening as she spoke. "Prove it."

"Oi'm no smarty, in fact, far from it," Brutus began, "but how in the ever-livin' hell are we gonna prove that!?"

He was pouting now. Not only that, he seemed to legitimately be trying to figure out how to prove he was innocent--though he probably wouldn't. After all, he didn't really understand breaking and entering in the first place.

"Why don't you come with us Alga?" Lili stuffed the Splattershot back in her pocket. "Besides do we look like a pair of theives? If you're really concenred you can keep and eye out. Otherwise I'm not sure how to prove it to ya. Besides; we have NO theiving equipment. Look." Lili sighed and placed her hands on her hips. "So either we'll go without 'ya. Or your coming; which one is it?"

Going with them had been her intention from the start, so she didn't look all too put off at the offer. She let out a slow sigh through her nose to calm the pounding in her heart, gripping the case tighter than her already tight grip was.

"...Fine."

This was either very brave, or extremely stupid.

"Huh." Brutus said, simply, after the exchange. "That was... surprisingly simple." He scratched his chin thoughtfully.

"Oi thought we'd need some brainbeam or summut. Some way to show our thoughts ya know?" He frowned. "Honestly, Oi'm a little disappointed."

Lili shook her head at Brutus, "No, we don't... need any of that Brutus." She walked over to Alga; Lili's Splattershot in her sweater pocket. She held out her napkin once more. "Number one, you might want to wipe your face. And number two." She held out her other hand for a handshake. "Let's call a truce for the time being; we clearly don't trust each other."

This time, though clearly hesitant, Alga plucked the napkin from the other's grip, wiping her eyes and cheeks of the remaining tears lingering on her countenance. She glanced at the outstretched hand unsurely, and took a quick gander at the one in front of her. Could she...?

Well, she had a point at least. Alga's hand grasped Lili's and shook. She said nothing; there was no need to.

@SP3CT3R 3 Credits

Go To: Outside by the Window

There wasn't much time, now. Making a quick dash, Eric scampered over to the window area, managing to just get out of sight of the doorway when he heard his door open.

Somewhere in his mind, he'd expected them to kick down the door theatrically. Maybe come in guns blazing. But from what he could hear, they seemed pretty casual about it. As if this earthquake deal was the most normal thing in the world.

Eric could hear some of the conversation that the suits were having, as he slowly crept closer to the balcony fire escape ladder. Something about his respawn stone and how they should look for it in case the other group hadn't got to it.

So, there was a little time. But Eric was afraid if he moved too quickly, he'd alert them to his whereabouts--one bad angle and they'd see him sneaking off in full glory.

So what now? Fight or flight?

@Ashlee

Shadow: Inkling with the Can

He didn't really seem all that suspicious... maybe he was just trying to get away from the huge crowd.
Maybe. To be fair, if there ever was a time to be paranoid, now was it.

Ash continued to follow the inkling down the path, and she could swear a few times the boy looked back and saw her. But it seemed like she evaded notice, because he didn't stop until he got to one of the doors far down the alley. Going down there, Ash followed, slowly.

There she stood. At the door. Should she go in? Where did this even lead? It stood in front of her. Testing the handle, it was still unlocked.

...what now?

@VeryButter

Talk To: Neighbor

Glancing around, she noticed her new neighbour within the mess. Maybe they was awake during whatever happened? They looked distressed enough. So, walking up to the inkling, she asked, "Hey, do you know what happened?"

As if on cue, she quickly rattled off the facts. "Variable level earthquake depending on the area; overly variable. The epicenter was Inkopolis." Her voice was dry. Factual.

Nothing like what she said next. "Have you seen a boy? About your age, a little taller than you, long tentacles not tied up?" The difference between her tones was jarring. But she seemed sincerely worried.

Magabelle's eyes filled with shock. An earthquake? How is that possible? Is it even?

As far as she knew, earthquakes had never happened in Inkopolis - or it was just an extremely rare occurrence. Was Inkopolis even built for such a disaster? Glancing around, she could tell the answer was probably no. But if this wasn't the worst of it, what the shell does Inkopolis itself look like?

Shaking her head, she replied. "No, I haven't seen him, sorry. Is he a friend of yours?"

"More like a son..." she muttered. The older Inkling couldn't have been more than in her mid-twenties, but the look in her eyes seemed to suggest she was much older.

"He ran away from home yesterday and I fear for him," she seemed distressed, but far from tears or helplessness. "Keep an eye out for him and let him know that his mother is worried."

"Oh," Magabelle replied, placing a hand on the back of her neck, "alright, I'll help look for him a bit later."

Magabelle asked another question. "Do you have any idea why he could've ran away?"

She chuckled, softly. "That one is obvious. He wants to see the world and I didn't specify to say within the bounds of the fence. He's a very literal boy, that one."

She seemed to find his actions cute, though inconvenient. It was odd. She was clearly paternal, but didn't seem to be afraid for him running away.

"I had the police looking for him yesterday and I had sightings of him around Inkopolis, though no one has turned him in yet." She pulled out a very expensive looking shellphone and started flicking through the touchscreen. After a moment, she seemed satisfied and continued.

"No. No more sightings. The police probably have their hands full directing traffic, handling riots and such," she said, regret in her voice. "Well, that's how it is. I'm sure he's fine, but sooner or later, he's going to need to eat something."

"Well, I was going to clean up the mess in my house..." Magabelle's tone held a hint of annoyance, "but I can go to Inkopolis and search for him, if you like. I needed to go there anyways."

"Don't actively search for him, no that would be silly and improbable," she chuckled. "But I figured since we live next to each other you might have seen or talked to him before he left and had an idea of where he was going, if he had any direction. Just keep an eye out and let me know if you see him."

"Alright," Magabelle smiled, glancing at the route she normally used to get to Inkopolis. Before taking any steps though, she asked a final question. "What's your name?"

"Beth. I'm sorry we had to meet this way." She held her hand out, business-like.

Magabelle accepted the gesture. "Nah, it's fine. I’m Magabelle, by the way."

“Well then, Mag,” Beth said, getting up, “I think I need to make a few more calls. Maybe drive down to the city proper and see if I can figure out more… if I can get this garage door open.”

“Now, where was that crowbar…” she muttered as she made her way back into her house. No, Magabelle was alone, outside in the midst of the destruction.

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Skype. Deadline is later because I'm moving tomorrow and will not have stable internet.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: Saturday, 10th of October at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: Sunday 11th of October at Midnight PST

Will be Responded to in GM Post:
Talk [use on people you want to start a conversation with]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Sleep [use this when there's nothing left you can do, logically, in the day]

Will be Responded to Immediately:
Conceal [use this action on something you intend to hide on your person]
Examine/Observe [use on things that you want more details on]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Search For [use like examine but for things that may or may not be there]
Hide [Insert Applicable Preposition] [use to conceal oneself, usually for a short amount of time]

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
((1 Credit used here. >.> whoops))

Wade leaned forward and narrowed his eyes, slightly perplexed as Jax stood up.

"Know someone...?" Wade muttered, before shrugging exaggeratedly to himself. Alright, he was technically breaking into a building in a day or two. Why the shell not start now??

...Well, Jax did have a key so he probably kne---he possible knew who actually owned the cafe. It's not like any breaking-in actually happened. It just looks like it. Duh.

Standing up to follow suit, Wade took one last glance back at the wrecked cafe. Since this wasn't Jax's, that meant they could leave this place as it was. That's what he did with his own apartment. ....Though, he would have offered to help clean up if this place had meant anything to Jax. Maybe if only to see what this place looked like when it wasn't in tatters.

Wade shook his head and cleared those thoughts. He didn't have time for things like that. He couldn't get sidetracked; he had a ticking timer and real stakes at risk. He needed. To. Focus. Be serious about this.

Bounding off the table, Wade hurried, ready to leave.

"Are we just waltzing into the Tower? Right now?"

Go To: Inkopolis Tower

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Go To: Inkopolis Tower

"Well," Jax began, slowly. He seemed reluctant to get up from the table. "Well, kind of. I'll admit, if I were you, I'd probably wondering why we were waiting here a while. But basically I was hoping that a friend of mine would show up." It was hard to tell in the dark, but Jax seemed to shrug as he stood up. "Guess he's not coming."

Twirling the keys in the air, Jax started walking nonchalantly back through the kitchen they had come from. "Let's go get ready." The boy pulled out a notebook with his free hand and tucked the keys into his pocket. Jotting some things down, he made his way over to the door to the alley, Wade following behind.

"Oh, but of course there'd be something else." Jax mumbled after he opened the door. On the other side was a slightly miffed-looking inkling with an odd ear-accessory.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
(( ;_; ))
Magabelle smiled a bit awkwardly. That was.... kind of a pleasant conversation?

Shrugging, she started walking down the path she normally travelled down; hopefully it was clear enough to traverse through after the earthquake. Which, to her, was still quite a shock. Hopefully there would be more answers in Inkopolis.
Go To: Inkopolis

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
He had to have seen her. He looked back at her, several times! And then he left the door open.. It's as if he wanted her to follow, to go inside as well. This had trap written all over it. And she didn't have her brush. Or blaster. Or N-Zap. Or any other weapon, for that matter. If she went in there, and something happened.. She'd have no way to defend herself.

Hm.. Maybe I can find a substitute real quick, just in case? She thought, before taking a quick look around the corridor, hoping to find a piece of wood or something. Buildings just fell, for crying out loud! There had to be SOMETHING she could use if needed, right? She didn't want to splat anyone.. If she actually had to use something, she just wanted to knock them out to get away.

Whether she found something or not, after a quick look around, she moved to peek inside, through the cracked open door.. Only to have someone open it entirely, with her standing right there! She squeaked as the door opened, and took a quick step backward, wide eyed. "O-oh, u-uh.."

Search for: Makeshift weapon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom