• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

-Missing- IC Thread: RP Cast Filled

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Wade Arroyo ==> Search For: Zone 1; Examine: Zone 1 Entrance

>1 success, passive perception roll.

When Wade began the trek to where Jax had come from, it became evident how the Inkling had traveled. They had an ink weapon of some sort, because there were periwinkle ink spots that dotted the abandoned skate park. Following them roughly led to the place that their compatriot squatted, waiting for the rest of the crew.

In front of Jax was an object that could only be described as a kettle. Odd... first a floating island, now an oversized kettle sitting in the middle of a skatepark?

"He went in here," his friend said, brandishing his .96 Gal. "Slippery bugger. Should we pursue?"

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
- Lili Maon -

"Well, I guess we are all on the same boat here, aren't we?" Lili nodded her head her tentacles swaying around as she turned to Aelia, Brutus and Alga. "Boy! This turned into an adventure real quick, didn't it?" She almost seemed excited, giddy, maybe happy there was a chance to find something? Although she knew not to get her hopes up too much. "Do you think we should be prepared?" After all who knew where this tunnel went or ended - maybe they should bring something for self defense? Or maybe they should wait a day? No, they would be just wasting more time then they already had.

"Alright, well are well ready to go in there?" The inkling questioned crossing her arms. "If you don't wish to go you are free to stay here. I'm not making you or anything."

Go to: Other side of the tunnel.

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Well. There really wasn't much choice at this point, was there.

Alga sighed quietly through her nose and looked back down the tunnel, ignoring the rapid way her heart beat as it always did with new things. She could go back home, sure, but what then? Nothing. In other words, she really had nothing better to do.

The Inkling slung the case over her arm and gave a light nod of assent. "I-I'll go."

Go To: Other Side of Tunnel

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
As Wade ran to Jax's location, he smirked at the almost surreal sight.

Honestly. A giant kettle? Wade was pretty amused.

"He went in here," his friend said, brandishing his .96 Gal. "Slippery bugger. Should we pursue?"

Without responding right away, Wade walked past and peered down into the kettle meshing. It's grate, just like the way to the sewers, Wade thought. The air around him seemed to flow into the kettle, almost like it was tugging at him forward. ... Maybe just his imagination.

Shoot, Wade was getting bits of light blue ink on his shoes. He sprang back, kicking ink off his feet. With a pivot, he faced Jax to respond.

"Destination: Zone 1," Wade displayed, in a overly courteous voice. Exits to your left and life-jackets under your seat. "We're headed here anyways so we might as well see if we can catch up," he added, a bit more seriously.

With that, Wade squeezed his Zapfish doll one last time, whispering, "I'll be back for you. Probably," before setting it down against the kettle's edge. With his hands free, Wade twirled his Splatcharger into a ready position.

"So..." Wade began. "I'd argue I can handle anything waiting for us with a splat bomb or two," he grinned, " but for the sake of formality, who else wants to go first?"

Ink/Go To: Zone 1

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
(( ;n; ))
This was going to be a hard choice.
Would she take the hiding place and let One be caught by the cops, or give it to One, and let herself take the arrest?

Actually...there was one more alternative. If One took the hiding place, she still had a means of escape: the tunnel. Even though it was too dark to see, Magabelle could only hope that the earthquake hadn’t placed any obstacles in the way…

Magabelle sighed quietly, pushing One next to the crack. “Hide in there.”

Having no time to see if One actually hid, she started running down the tunnel. If she hit something, she would probably know; she’d most likely suddenly be lying on the ground.
Go Down (or Up; again, I don’t actually know how that works): Tunnel

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Aykorn and @Ashlee DE Points: 2
Ash ==> Do Nothing
Wade ==> Go To: Zone 1

Wade asked if anyone wanted to go first and Jax said, "nah, you go on ahead. I need to do something really quickly"

Shrugging, Arroyo stepped toward the kettle and slipped through the gates in the semi-liquid squid form. The kettle made a quick hissing noise as he was transported to Zone 1.

The area was certainly not what he had expected, though he hadn't been expecting much. Prepare for the worst, right? Where he stood appeared to be a little hill overlooking a small floating island, much like the one they'd come from. Unlike there, however, this place was dark. Incredibly dark and eerily silent.

Taking a few steps off of the closest source of light--something Wade recognized as a respawn pad that changed his color to yellow--and felt the crunch of overgrown astroturf. A hollow breeze seemed to be echoing through this cave, and occasionally, a monitor far in the distance seemed to flicker with static.

Small dots of the periwinkle ink gave away the trail of their observer, but should he follow it? Just as he was thinking that, Jax stepped off the pad from behind him.

"Took care of it. Let's go, before that ink trail evaporates."

---------------------------------------------

After Wade hopped through the kettle, Jax strode to Ash and the old man, and said, "Captain. Do you know the whereabouts of Agents 1 and 2."

The old man went from being very lax and calm to donning a cold air. "No. The search is still ongoing."

"I see," Jax sighed. "Well, then, we mustn't dawdle. We have a lead to take care of." Turning to Ash, he said, "you can stay in the care of the Captain. I trust his supervision--he is tougher than he looks. However, I would prefer if you'd come to aide us."

With that, the reporter made some quick movements and somersaulted into the kettle, transforming midfall.

> Due to context, Ash can use the command "Go To: Zone 1" as a quick action!

@Banshee and @xCoCo Group has 2 DE Points

Alga ==> Go To: Tunnel
Lili ==> Go To: Tunnel

The climb down was long. Much longer than anyone in the group thought. Though, at first, the bars had looked rusty, it turned out that it had just been a reddish paint that had begun to peel away. In fact, this tunnel seemed well-taken care of, which was a surprise considering it seemed quite old... and had been found in Callie's room.

Rung by rung, the group descended, with no end in sight, deeper and deeper into the darkness. As they got lower, the smell of a faint must began to emanate from below. Something about it seemed familiar... it was the smell of old books, surely!

But what would those be doing here?

After what seemed like an eternity--that is, fifteen minutes of climbing--the exhausted team made their way to the entrance chamber. It was hard to make out any details, due to the darkness, but Aelia pulled out a flashlight and, once on, finding the breaker for the lights was an easy matter.

The room here was quite bland, with clean, dark, metal walls, polished to shining. In the room were three doors, one straight ahead of the group, one to the right and one to the left. Behind were the rungs that led back up where they had came.

Aelia had pulled her weapon the moment she'd gotten down here. "Let's do a little exploring, shall we?"

> Due to context, you may "Examine" rooms to get more information--you don't have to use a "Go To" command!

@VeryButter and @Rustic 2 DE Points

Canchi ==> Do Nothing (Hidden)
Magabelle ==> Run Away Through Tunnel

With an "why?" of confusion, Magabelle pushed One up to the crack. Luckily he seemed to get the hint and transformed into squid form just in the nick of time. Soon after he'd hidden, Magabelle began running down the tunnel as fast as she could, getting her a small lead ahead of the cops who had just gotten their flashlights on.

> Magabelle Your choice to run has made the cops suspicious of you.

Two cops quickly began to pursue Magabelle, who they saw running away through the tunnel at breakneck pace. Two others stuck behind, clearly not motivated to do their jobs, stayed behind.

> Canchi: Your choice to hide has successfully kept you hidden from the cops.

"Just what were they doing on that train?" Canchi heard one of them mutter from his hiding place. "They couldn't have done anything too bad, so why are they running?"

"Probably graffiti," another said, his voice showing how little he cared. Canchi felt the beam of the flashlight flicker through his crack, but they seemed to pass him by.

"Let them chase, we've got a crowd to control." Canchi heard the two walk away, but it wasn't for another ten minutes, when he'd heard the other cops come back out from the tunnel, that he felt safe enough to leave his hiding place.

---------------------------------------------
> 1 success for running away rolled.

Magabelle certainly hadn't thought, when she woke up, that she'd be running from the police. It was hard to pay too much attention to details when you're currently being chased down.

So, even though she knew there had been a rung for the train to travel on, she still managed to trip over it. The resulting fall was painful, her knees colliding with solid concrete, gravel and all manner of rubbish that had gotten stuck to the train over the years stinging as it ground into her wounds.

But that wasn't the worst part.

The top half of her body hadn't collided with anything and just fell. It seemed as if the quake had broken a fissure into the ground in the tunnel. A large fissure. And Magabelle had just tripped headfirst into it.

> Magabelle has left the party.

When she regrained her senses, the Inkling could hear the cops bickering about getting the fire department to get her out or to try to climb down themselves. She was a little woosy, but they seemed hellbent on getting her help.

That's good. Somewhere in her mind, something said that was good. But she was still reorienting herself. Still, it seemed as if she was in a tunnel. Man, she was sick of tunnels.

> 2 Successes; Passive Perception

This one was rougher, and instead of being level, seemed to head deeper underground. The strangest thing about it, though, was the fact that the tunnels didn't seem to be made by the earthquake. No, these seemed... well, artificial. Had something been drilling down here?

@SP3CT3R 1 DE Point

==> Eric Knight: Snuggle Shelved Man

Clearly protected by the protective power of the PILLOW AEGIS, as well as the dangerous pillow weaponry you proceed to to source of the problem. Or at least, someone that acts as a nice scapegoat.

The journey back to your STUDY is treacherous, but with the added bravery bonus provided to you by the fully pillow set of armor, you feel ready for just about anything.

The suited man is still where you left him. That is, STILL UNDER A BOOKSHELF GASPING FOR AIR. You wonder briefly why he hadn't changed to squid form, yet, to escape, but you suppose that didn't cross his mind or something in his INCREDIBLE PAIN.

Seeing this man in pain has moved you to tears and, as a result, you decide that snuggling him will be the best course of action.

He continues to cry out. What now?

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Skype. Otherwise, please mind the deadline.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: January 3rd at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: January 4th

Will be Responded to in GM Post:
Do Nothing [sit back and let the story happen; useful when it would be dangerous to do things]
Talk [use on people you want to start a conversation with]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Sleep [use this when there's nothing left you can do, logically, in the day]

Will be Responded to Immediately:
Conceal [use this action on something you intend to hide on your person]
Pick Up [use this action on something you want to hold onto]
Examine/Observe [use on things that you want more details on]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Search For [use like examine but for things that may or may not be there]
Hide [Insert Applicable Preposition] [use to conceal oneself, usually for a short amount of time]

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Canchi groaned as he was still inside the cramped fissure. Not to mention he was worried because he thought he would've been spotted by the cops. But apparently he was too hard to see.

"This isn't good. I got cops to one side and a dark maw leading somewhere..." Canchi mumbled as he thought about the situation he was in. Well I probably need to get a quick overview of the situation... I could go and... squidbag...? It could work, and I could get a view of the tunnel... Then I'd have to deal with the cops, who would probably inevitably hear the 'sloshing' noises that makes.

I'm forgetting something... what am I forgetting...? That Inkling! He started to worry about him, even if he was a complete, and not to mention weird, stranger. He needed to find that kid and get away from all of them. Well... that makes that choice. Find Magabelle and that Inkling.
"Psst! Kid! You there?"

(( Action: Be sneaky and Examine for Mag and One. I'm also going to assume that counts as talk? ))

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Canchi ==> Search For One

One didn't say anything when Canchi called.
It seems he's going to hide because that's what he was told to do. You're going to have to look for him yourself.

> 0 successes first roll.
> 2 successes second roll.

It takes a lot of feeling around until you find a crack, much like your own, in the wall that One is hiding in. It takes some effort to pull the kid out, as he seems determined to stick in his hiding place.

"Stop pulling owowow!" One whined as Canchi pulled him free of the hiding place. The white ink the kid excreted stung Canchi... more than other ink colors. Odd.

"Can... a-am I allowed to stop hiding now?"

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"OW! The heck, man?" Canchi looked angrily at the Inkling, he shook the white Ink off of his sleeve, where it couldn't cause him anymore pain. "Seriously dude?" He asked the Inkling again, looking down at his sleeve. "If I wanted to go deal with someone who would Ink themselves at the first sign of trouble I'd try to teach my chicken-y little sister on playing Turf!"

He took a glance at his hand, it was still hurting from the White Ink that the Inkling excreted on him. Damn... that kid and his white In--Wait white Ink? That's... fairly uncommon... for somebody.

"This isn't good..." Canchi said worriedly, because he wanted to get out of this place together. He still had to be careful as he looked around for Magabelle, because wandering around in the dark wasn't a good idea in general. "Well, at least I got you, if I can't find Mag..." Canchi trailed off, mentally calling himself an idiot for not sticking with them.

[Action: Look around the Tunnel for Magabelle. If it doesn't work, talk with One]
(( I dun wanna abandon anyone ;-; ))

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Alg was beginning to consider this place a bunker the more she climbed downwards. A modern bunker even, by the looks of it. The rungs were polished and shining, there didn't seem to be a stain anywhere she looked-

The doors almost sealed the deal for the Inkling. A mere basement didn't have a ladder trek some quarter of an hour long.

Still, as was with everything she had a hunch for, Alga wanted to make absolutely sure this place was what she thought. So, that thought in mind, she began to edge for the door closest to her. That was, the door on the right.

Examine: Room on the Right

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
The inside of a kettle... or Octovalley.

Wade couldn't have been expecting this because... people were supposed to meet here, right? And Wade could barely see a few feet in front of his face if not for the respawn pad. Not his first idea for a get together location. Then again, the dark possibly made it the perfect place for an anon-3chan meet up. Matter of perspective, Wade thought to himself.

Really though. Without the water of Octovalley, it was silent here and there was a certain echo to the room, like the place was hollow. Maybe it was the flickering monitors, but this place felt like TV static. It was hard to explain.

Blinking momentarily to let his eyes adjust, Wade gave an assured nod to Jax about following the trail. He hoped Jax could make out the head movement in the dark. About to ready his charger and do some "trail making," Wade paused and held his finger on the trigger.

He glanced back at Jax --specifically at Jax's not-purple tentacles-- with a perplexed look.

"...How'd this person stay blue, if we got our colors swapped?" Wade asked, not really expecting Jax to know. Honestly, Jax surprised him constantly, so maybe it was worth asking. Not that Wade had any clues himself about how the robed figure dodged a respawn pad.

In any case, Wade stopped gawking at various things in the dark and fired away, careful not to completely cover the blue. "Yeah, let's go." Wade simply responded.

Ink to/ Shadow: Periwinkle

Last edited:

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
...Leave the boys, and let them venture into Octovalley alone? What did Jax think she was, a deserter?! No way was she going to stay behind, and miss the chance to see her two companions in action - or prove herself to be their ally! She was nothing, if not a team player.. And as long as she had her Octobrush in her hands, she never backed down, not even against S ranks.. And she certainly wouldn't back down, when her team needed her!

"No way Jax, I'm coming along!" She yelped, despite knowing the boy most likely wouldn't hear her, and dashed after the reporter with a call of "Seeya later Captain, my boys need me!", her trusty Octobrush slung over her shoulder like it belonged there.

The female Inkling paused at the kettle, staring down at it. "...Well this is odd." She muttered to herself, before shrugging and leaping into the air, transforming into a squid mid-jump and diving into the kettle. "Octobrush, AWWAAAAAAY!"

Quick Action: Follow Jax and Wade; Go Through The Kettle To Zone 1

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Canchi ==> Search For Mag

One cringed at Canchi's comment. Probably not because he knew that he was being insulted, but more in that Canchi was taking such a harsh tone. Still, the odd, white-inked inkling followed docilely and without question when they proceeded deeper into the tunnel.

> 0 successes on searching for Mag.
> All searches exhausted for this round--wait until next round to search more.

Canchi puts all his effort into looking for Mag, but walking through the tunnel, feeling around isn't getting him very far. To be fair, he'd only been looking for her for about ten minutes, but a flashlight or some other plan of action would probably make this go a lot faster.

Just as he was considering calling out for her, One asked, "wh-where did Magabelle go?"

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Alga ==> Examine Right Room

Walking into the room, Alga couldn't help but wonder what the Squid Sisters might have been preparing for, had this been a bunker.

> 2 successes on passive perception.

The room was just as polished as the entryway, though this one looked more purposed for storage.

There was an armoire that was built into the wall to Alga's left; within, were a number of outfits that looked like a mix between an idol's and a traffic worker's gear.
With new-age headphones with cute ears accessories, the cautionary vest and the sci-fi shoes, the outfit had a strange cohesion that made it simultaneously outlandish and fashionable.

A closer look told that these were worn rather often. Not only that, they had been made to withstand wear and tear. They seemed stretchy, durable and comfortable. These were meant to be used while doing something active.

To Alga's right were two different changing rooms. She stepped in quickly. Inside the first were some very clean mirrors and some protrusions from the wall that looked to be acting as a minimalistic option for leaving clothes and sitting down.

The other changing room wasn't much different, however, this time, she found that, under the sitting area was a compartment of some sort built into the wall. There was a latch and a combination lock directly under it. Though she'd kinda hoped that the compartment had been unlocked it, unfortunately, wasn't.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Ash ==> Go To Zone 1

The travel through the kettle was an odd sensation. Ash could feel as she evaporated and blew away to the location that the kettle had sent her toward. Being turned into little particles was almost freeing and being resolidified suddenly was something that she did not enjoy in the slightest.

Still, when she touched down on the respawn pad, Ash was happy to find that Wade and Jax hadn't gotten far.

"Hey guys, wait for me," she said, holding back a shout, as she bounded toward them.

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Alga chewed her lip and shook her head uncertainly. Odd. Incredibly odd. Clearly, the Sisters were up to something not to do with their idol status - neither of them would be caught dead wearing something that beat up, no matter if it looked kind of cute.

She looked over at Aelia, Lili, and Brutus, and frowned. To say something or not... Did she? Didn't she?

"I-It's just... A bunch of worn o-out clothes..."

Talk: Lili & the Others

Last edited:

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
((-w-))
Bleh.
This has been a horrible day so far. Waking up to find her home trashed by an earthquake, being chased by the police through a dark as heck tunnel, and falling into a fissure created by the earthquake and ending up in another dark as heck tunnel.

As much as she was curious about the tunnel, she kind of wanted to get out of this hole. She took a few moments to recover from the fall before standing up, leaning on one of the walls and looking upwards.

It... was still dark as heck.

She contemplated calling out. Canchi and One might still be up there--however, there’s still the possibility of them having been caught. Still, it was worth a try. She at least wanted to let them know what she was going to do, if they answered her calls.
Call For: Canchi and One, If Successful: Talk: Canchi and/or One

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Magabelle ==> Call Out for Canchi and One (Quick Action)

Mag brooded a bit over how badly the day had been going.
Quickly, however, she recovered. She had to get out of this somehow, and sitting around wasn't going to solve that. It was a long shot, but now that the police were gone and it seemed like they were a safe distance away, maybe she could just shout and get the guys' attention.

"Hey!" Mag shouted, as loud as she could.

> 4 base roll, -2 dice for distance, +1 dice for cave echoes: 3 die in pool
> 2 successes on calling out

The shout echoed through the caves and, hopefully through the tunnel above. While Mag was pretty sure this would get the attention of her group... she could swear she heard something coming from the darkness within her tunnel.

> Mag has alerted something in her tunnel
> Canchi now knows that Mag is somewhere below him
> Canchi will recieve a +2 bonus on searching for Mag for each search after

What now?

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
Bound after them, she did, though about half way between the spawn, and them, she came to a slow stop. The Inkling, had noticed exactly where they were. They were in Octarian territory - Underground. "..I thought.. All of this was shut down.." She mumbled, to herself. Then again, it was so dark, it just might have been, though the flashing from screens, occasionally, made her think there was still some power flowing down here. And if there was still some power.. There might still be some Octarians lurking about.

That thought, made her shudder slightly, snapping her out of looking around at everything. She didn't want to be left behind, so she shifted into squid form and dashed through Wade's ink trail to catch up quickly, popping up once she'd reached them. Her fox ears twitched slightly as she readied her Octobrush incase of a sudden attack.

Follow: Wade and Jax

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
(( ;-; ))
Magabelle stood upright, glancing down the tunnel.
Was there something down there?...it seemed unlikely, but you never know. Hopefully--if there was actually something there--it was friendly.

I guess I just have to wait? Magabelle sighed, leaning back on the walls of this...fissure-cave-thing. She just hoped that Canchi and One heard her.
Do Nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom