• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

-Missing- IC Thread: RP Cast Filled

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Canchi gave up looking for Magabelle, as looking for an Inkling girl in a dark tunnel with no light source except a crummy phone that's going to die soon. He was sitting on the ground, chin on hands, criss-cross applesauce, the way he was taught. Canchi let out a sigh of frustration, and he turned to the Inkling boy near him. "You got any clue as to where she wen--"

"Hey!"

Canchi's head swiveled towards the sound of Magabelle's voice, she was nearby and he needed to find her. He practically jumped up off the ground when he heard her. "Mags!" Canchi called out down the tunnel, it sounded like it came from below, but he wasn't too sure.
He hesitantly walked down the tunnel, making sure the Inkling was behind him. Making sure he was behind by a series of sharp "Hey!" and "Over here!"

(( Action: Move down the tunnel ))

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Well, Lili wasn't expecting this. A look of surprise crossed the inklings face as she looked at the doors before her. "Well I don't know where that tunnel would lead; but I wasn't expecting this yknow?" She scratched her head.... the sisters were full of surprises really; and mysteries From the corner of her eye she could see Alga head off to examine one of the doors. Puffing up her chest, Lili couldn't just stand around and let her comrades do all the work. Sure, she was a bit nervous but also excited?

"I'm heading center! With those words she went to examine the center room.

Examine: Center Room

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Lili ==> Examine Center Room

And behind door number 1... was a huge mess!

> 4 base roll, +1 for "no rush"; 5 in dice pool
> 3 successes on passive perception

The room was long, stretching for further than Lili could see. Lining the walls were bookshelves, chock full of books of all sizes. Just skimming the titles, many of them appeared to be history books. But not just from the Inkling side of the war... the Octoling side as well!

This would have been a veritable library, impressive in all respects and a national treasure... if it weren't so messy! Littered on the floor were all manner of books, seemingly pulled out of the shelf and searched through with wild abandon before being dumped unceremoniously on the ground.

Intrigued, Lili picked up a book off the floor at random and looked it over. It was titled The Great Octoweapons in Octarian--or so Lili presumed. The language, after all, looked like an odd dialect of Inkling. Flipping through the pages, she found not just the history of the weapons' construction, but the people who built them and notes referring to diagrams that supposedly held the blueprints to the weapons.

...but the diagrams were missing.

The book schematics mentioned had been removed. No matter how hard Lili looked, the pages they should have been on were all torn out. She set down the book, taking note of that odd tidbit.

The next book she pulled of the floor was one about the Inkling history, also torn out. Though it wasn't so much a book, as it was a folder spilled onto the floor. Project Bellerophon.

It was hard, and Lili couldn't find all the files, but she could piece together that, at some point in the war, the Inklings had attempted to make Inkling supersoldiers--their own Great Octoweapons. However, the project had failed. Apparently too many theories were just that. Theories.

Still... many of the pages that appeared to detail the processes used in the project appeared to be missing. Odd.

There were plenty of good titles in here, if Lili felt like reading through them, but none really caught her eye after those two. Lili returned to the entrance room.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Odd, that room was quite odd, not the books itself of course, but rather the missing pages. Were the sisters the ones that tore those pages out? Or maybe it was something else. Regardless - this is something the other needed to know about -- and maybe Aelia knew more about this then herself? She was almost tempted to bring those books with her, but, they could always go back in there right?

Honestly - if Lili had the time she'd be more then willing to sit down and read few books but.... there was no time for that. "Any luck?" Lili called as she made her way back to the group - Alga's soft voice caught her attention. "Worn out ... clothes? That's weird...the center room has some sort of a library? It talked a lot about the war - but get this.... a lot of pages were torn out?! Weird don't you, think? I think it's worth checking out!" She crossed her arms before glancing at the group.

Talk; Alga & group.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Aykorn and @Ashlee DE Points: 2
Ash ==> Follow Wade
Wade ==> Ink to Periwinkle

The group began their search for the person who'd been watching them, which wasn't hard considering how obvious the trail had been. It continued straight through the area until hitting an odd contraption. The ball connected to another floating ball connected by a periwinkle ink strand that looked reminiscent of a spider web.

Ash and Wade were baffled by the tool only momentarily because Jax shot it. It quickly changed to a bright yellow and he motioned for the three to follow. Traveling through the strand wasn't much different from swimming, so it felt quite natural. Still, finding oneself hovering over a gaping chasm hanging by a thread of ink... not comforting.

The trail continued over the second island, quite easy to follow, leading all the way up to a super-jump pad. The group continued the chase to the third island where the trail simply disappeared.

"Whoever they are, they have to be here," Jax announced, propping his .92 Gal over his shoulders. "There's no exit from here, that I know of, except up ahead. The exit has a perfect view of the entrance. It's possible they've escaped already."

"...then again, there might be an exit I don't know about. Why would they mask their trail now? Do you think we should look around? Or should we just give up this wild goose chase and look for our informant--I doubt they'd run away from us."

@Banshee and @xCoCo Group has 2 DE Points

Alga ==> Talk
Lili ==> Talk

"Any luck?" Lili called out, just as Alga spoke up.

"I-It's just... A bunch of worn o-out clothes..."

"Worn out ... clothes? That's weird...the center room has some sort of a library? It talked a lot about the war - but get this.... a lot of pages were torn out?! Weird don't you, think? I think it's worth checking out!" She crossed her arms before glancing at the group.

"That is pretty wierd," Aelia said, pondering. "What were the books about?"

"...were there pictures?" Brutus added. "Oy love them picture books!" Aelia rolled her eyes.

Lili turned to Aelia; "A lot of things. Most of it had to do with the war and Octarians. But it bugs me the places I've been torn. They were probably really important. It looks like diagrams and stuff were missing."

Lili rubbed her head. "It's big so maybe there are some pictures in there... somewhere for you Brutus?" She shrugged.

Thanking her, Brutus scurried into the library, following Alga who seemed just as excited for different reasons.

Continuing, Aelia said, "the final room contains a kettle. I've been informed by the sisters that you Inklings don't know what that is, but it is an instant transport device, however, I have no clue where it would lead."

"A kettle?" She seemed surprised; "I wonder where it leads.... although we should we should probably examine the library first before we even try to use that kettle. Any idea where it might go?" She questioned Aelia as she went to the library, following Alga and Brutus’ lead.

"None, though I know that kettles are entirely an Octarian technology. I have no idea where the Sisters would have obtained it."

Lili crossed her arms; "I see." She shook her head. "Is it usable? Has it been used recently? Is there anything else you know about these kettle things?"

"Seems in working condition. I didn't do a thorough check," Aelia explained, "but it shouldn't cause any problems to hop in and give it a go."

"As for usage... you can't really tell. That is, it's mostly impossible--as it's a teleportation device, all matter on one end is transported to the other. Any other questions? I know plenty."

"Hmm. Well. I suppose the only way to know where it leads is to hop in." Lili shrugged. "Though let’s wait for Alga and Brutus. I don't want to hop in without talking to them about it."

* * *​

Alga was thrown. A library? She had to see this.

Eagerly, acting on impulse in a manner that was almost opposite of her usual demur nature, Alga strode towards the opposite door and slipped past Lili to get inside, pausing about a foot within the room and looking around with bright eyes.

This place was massive, and vaguely Alga could feel herself beginning to grin.

She set off like a kid at a candy store, stepping hastily towards a nearby shelf to begin perusing. There were so many titles, some in a language she couldn't read, and many of the books she looked at seemed several inches thick.

Alga got a feeling she wasn't going to be moving on anytime soon.

Brutus, at the prospect of picture books, followed Alga into the room.

"Oi, ya see anythin' that looks good here?"

In the short amount of time it took for Lili and Aelia to enter the library, Alga had relocated to one of the farther bookshelves some ways down, and was now perusing one of the top shelves via a ladder. She actually seemed much more open now that something piqued her interest, and periodically she took out books and let them fall flat downwards, sometimes for herself, and sometimes for Brutus to look over.

"Yeah-" She called, "I don't think these books have pictures you're looking for? They're all just. Diagrams."

"Wha's a diagram?" Brutus asked, staring at the picture, transfixed. Alga could almost see the gears in his head turning as he tried to wrap his mind around a somewhat complex schematic.

"That." She gestured towards the picture he was looking over. "They're just stuff that shows how something's built or made. If you're lookin' for kiddy books, you probably own't find any here."

"No!" Brutus puffed. "Oy like big person books! Oy... jus' can' read."

"You...can't read."

Alga stared. She really didn't know what to think of that.

"Well, I guess you can always learn."

"Yea," Brutus shrugged. "Oy... well, Oy'm nawt like Aelia. Oy weren't raised no noble."

"A noble?" Alga turned to sit on one of the ladder steps, looking at him in confusion. "There are no nobles. Inkopolis and all the surrounding areas are free countries. Everyone knows how to read."

Something wasn't adding up here.

Brutus blushed. "Most us Octarians don'. Ya gotta be rich or a noble or be born in a good place to learn readin'. Otherwise, ya end up in somethin' relatin' ta food, or fightin'."

"..."

Alga stared. Octarian? This kid was Octarian? Wait, so that meant-

Her eyes shot to Aelia, currently engaged in conversation with Lili. Her heart almost skipped a beat, and she had to force herself to take a deep breath to keep from doing something stupid.

Finally, she licked her lips and quietly made her way down the ladder, one more book clutched in her arm. It made sense, she supposed. She knew something was up, but this... Not really what she expected.

"So, uh," Alga shifted and landed on the floor, glancing away as she mulled over what to do. "I guess Octarians have a sort of, uh, monarchy?"

"Kinda? Oy think tha word is surf dumb?" He racked his brain to be sure. "Lards--Oy mean, Lords--are given land by the DJ. The DJ tells them ta make it all livable. Then they do, or they don't!"

He played with his hat as he continued. "If yer good at yer job, ya get to pass it to your kids and so on until someone drops the ball." He shrugged. "So lotsa Lordlings learn ta read and stuff."

This was...really interesting. Foreign culture and the like had always been intriguing to read about, and Alga found herself sitting on the ladder as she listening.

"That sounds pretty neat-" She started, only to fumble her words and back track. "I mean, like... Your way of living, I guess. Inklings are generally all free. We choose our leaders, and if they don't work well, we choose a different one. You know, the general stuff."

She wondered what it was like to live in a monarchy...

"Sounds cool!" Brutus smiled. Maybe he was better off uneducated? It was simpler that way. "How do ya choose a leader?"

"Leader? Uh, we take a vote. all of the Inklings do. Though, it's not just our species; there's also anemones and jellyfish and the like." Alga shrugged. "Since all of us vote, it usually takes a lot of time for us to actually choose a leader. Elections are messy business."

"Oy see. Sounds easier ta jus' have a DJ pick someone good." He turned a page of a book, clearly looking for pictures. When he found none, he looked up.

"Oi, where did Aelia an' Lili go?"

"Maybe, but everyone up here really likes to be free. We get angry if things are chosen for us-huh?"

She glanced up and found the other two gone, and chewed her lip. There was a brief moment of worry, but she tried to shoot it down. It was fine, they had probably just gone to look around a bit more. This place wasn't that big…

Indeed, it didn’t take too long for Brutus and Alga to find Lili and Aelia in the kettle room. The space was just as small as the other two, and as simple in construction. There wasn’t anything in the room except what looked to be an oversized kettle.

Once Brutus and Alga walked in, she spoke, as if she had been waiting for them. “I’m going to use this kettle now, but you need to know, most of these are one-way. Two-way kettles can cause entanglement quite easily, as there’s no way to detect collisions on both sides. So… if I don’t come back, that probably means it worked. If it doesn’t… chances are I won’t leave this room.”

Popping into squid form, the three watched in intense curiosity as Aelia’s Octoling form melted into liquid, bubbled quickly, then receded.

She didn’t come back.

...do you follow her?

@Rustic 1 DE Point

Canchi ==> Actions Exhausted (Good job!)

@VeryButter 1 DE Point

Magabelle ==> Do Nothing

The sound continued to grow the longer Magabelle waited.

Click click. Click click. Click click.

It was slow, rhythmic, and getting closer. Ever closer.

It was slow, but it got faster as it went. And closer.

...surely it was near now. What now, Mag?

@SP3CT3R 1 DE Point

==> Eric Knight: WE NEED TO VOTE :0

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Skype. Otherwise, please mind the deadline.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: January 7rd at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: January 8th

Will be Responded to in GM Post:
Do Nothing [sit back and let the story happen; useful when it would be dangerous to do things]
Talk [use on people you want to start a conversation with]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Sleep [use this when there's nothing left you can do, logically, in the day]

Will be Responded to Immediately:
Conceal [use this action on something you intend to hide on your person]
Pick Up [use this action on something you want to hold onto]
Examine/Observe [use on things that you want more details on]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Search For [use like examine but for things that may or may not be there]
Hide [Insert Applicable Preposition] [use to conceal oneself, usually for a short amount of time]

Last edited:

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Magabelle wasn't really sure what to do now. The looming possibility of a threat was definitely closer; and, with the added part of being stuck in a hole, there weren't many forms of action she could do.

Wait...the thing was attracted by me yelling, right? Magabelle thought, What if...I just threw a rock down the tunnel? Maybe that would keep it away?

Magabelle nodded to herself and started feeling around for any stray rocks in the darkness--preferrably one that could make a sound, but could also be thrown a fair distance.

Search For: Throwable Rock

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( Here goes! ))

I looked around the tunnel, well... at least I tried to look around the tunnel. It was pitch black and I wasn't able to see very far inside it. If at all.

I looked back at the kid nearby, he leaked white Ink on me. That... didn't seem right, especially as that kid has pink colored tentacles. Although he could've spent some time changing up his tenta-hair.

I rubbed my hand, it was still stinging from touching his Ink. I sat down on the train tracks, resting my head on my hand, the one that didn't sting.

I looked side-to-side, the tunnel was starting to get to me. Never liked the dark, always made me want to run away from it. It was quiet too, except for the me and the Inkling's breathing. After I heard Magabelle call out... from somewhere in this dark tunnel.

"Where the heck did you go, Magabelle?" I mumbled, worried because she seemingly vanished. No use sitting down on my rear, when I could be looking for her. I stood up. "Time for another go at this." I said aloud, mentally building up the courage to fumble around in the dark, again.

(( Action: Look for Magabelle, again! ))

Last edited:

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
Honestly, Ash was interested in where they were going. Excited, even, to find out what would be at the end of their long trek through this place. Though by the end she was feeling a little tired. A whole lot of nothing, but a whole lot of everything could be tiring. However, upon the ink string.. Unnerved wasn't a strong enough word for how Ash had felt about traveling through the strand of ink over the voids. Heck, terrified wasn't even strong enough. The poor girl found it hard to move simply because she was scared, despite wanting to get the hey out of there and onto solid ground as fast as possible. Heights, was not one of her strong suits. Sure, she could handle being on top of the tower in Blackbelly just fine because she'd have ink to fall into, or even Moray, though that one did scare her a little.. But an ink thread over a void? It was almost enough to make her cry out of terror. If not for the ink, she probably would have.

The moment her feet were on solid ground again, she gratefully and almost comically threw herself to the floor with a cry of "DONTMAKEMEDOTHATAGAINPLEASE", tears having formed in the corners of the shaking inkling's eyes.

After a few shaky breaths, and calming thoughts, she stood and looked around, before looking to Jax at his words. "I..." She'd started to say, though trailed off, looking around again. They were clearly led here. If the person they were following had left, they would have made the ink trail go to the exit, right? Considering how the rest had been - enough to be able to move quickly through, but not enough to be blatantly obvious though obvious enough to be followed.

"I... Maybe this is just like earlier, when we met, but.. I.. I really think the person we were following led us here on purpose. Think about the ink trails. They didn't have to use as much ink as they did." She murmured, "Maybe I'm over thinking it, I-I tend to overthink things sometimes, as Wade found out back at the tower, but.. This seems planned. What if our shadow person is our informant? Or, someone to lead us to our informant?"

Action: Do nothing

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Magabelle ==> Search for Rock

Mag, keeping her wits about her, didn't waste time searching for some way to distract whatever was clicking her from herself.
A rock! She had to make some noise to distract it!

> Base roll 4; +4 very common; -2 very dark; dice pool 6
> 4 successes on searching for a throw-able rock

It didn't take long searching the ground to find a good-sized rock to chuck. Not knowing where to aim, Magabelle took a guess and threw it in the direction of the clicking--hopefully it would land behind the thing and keep it away from her.

> Chance roll; low result.

The rock seems to clack off of something metal. Whatever she did didn't seem to change the pace of the clicking. It continued to grow closer.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Canchi ==> Look for Magabelle

Despite hating the dark, Canchi hated the idea of leaving Mag behind even more.
So, against his own best judgement, he pressed on in his search. She was somehow somewhere below him, that much he was sure of.

> 4 base pool; -1 dark; +2 knows Mag's general location; dice pool 5
> 3 successes on searching for Magabelle

This time, knowing where she was, finding Mag was a simple matter. Canchi felt around the floor until he stumbled upon a sizable hole. Neither too loud nor too quiet, he asked, "Mag, are you down there?"

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
((m r h))
Magabelle listened as the rock clanked against something, and sighed.
I...guess I can just wait for it? Maybe then I'll know--

"Mag, are you down there?"

Magabelle shot her attention upwards. Canchi found her!...but he probably doesn't have anything to get her back up there. "Yeah, I'm here!" Oh well, at least someone other than the police knew she was down here.

Talk: Canchi and/or One

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( ;-; ))

He knelt down, taking a look down that hole and thought to himself, why do I always gotta go through with these plans...
Canchi was about to get up and talk to One, before he heard a voice call up.

"Yeah, I'm here!"

Instantly he flopped down to his stomach and responded with a, "Mag! What happened? Why are you down there? Are you okay?!" He asked rapidly, looking into the talking abyss below him. Canchi, at this point, was really worried about her. Maybe she was hurt. Maybe she hurt her leg! Maybe she hurt both legs and would never walk again!

He looked back to One, beckoning him near the hole. "It's Magabelle, she's down here!" He said.

(( Action: Talk with Magabelle ))

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade frowned at Ash's worries. Not to mention, who knew she had a fear of heights?

"I... think they were just trying to get away fast," Wade suggested. "Honestly, it's hard not to leave a path when trying to swim somewhere."

Wade wasn't quite sure yet what to make of Ash's ideas, just that he wasn't ready to drop the search just yet.

However, she did have a point about the ink being obvious. Something was off.

When Ash had arrived late via kettle, she must have adopted the same marigold that Jax and him were sporting or else she wouldn't have been able to follow their ink. Wade'd been trying to work in his head how one could work around the gold color, but nothing came to mind. Now before them was another seeming magic trick ...and this peculiar ink color.

Not answering Jax immediately, Wade titled his head curiously, examining the odd, pale blue.

Examine: Periwinkle Ink

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Wade ==> Examine Periwinkle Ink

Expecting some sort of trickery--how could one avoid the color shift pad--Wade got closer to examine the ink.
Honestly, it didn't seem any different from normal ink, though.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade pursed his lips.

Okay, it was ink. That part was normal. Not that he was expecting any magic-portal ink.

...Really, he wasn't.

Wade let his charger hang loose at his side, looking around to see if there was anything obvious that would make the choice simple. His eyes had adjusted, but this place still felt eerie... like it was his ears that hadn't adjusted instead.

"I'm not sure about them leading us here," Wade began, "or being the informant for that matter. Not saying that wouldn't be convenient..."

He gently held his fist to his mouth, thinking what would be the best course of action. As Jax said, this was starting to look like a goose-chase and if time was of the essence, -- or at least 3 days time-- it didn't seem reasonable for the informant to be running away. "Periwinkle" had to be someone else, logically. So who was this random third party? Probably less "random" then they seemed.

Wade squinted. Not to sound ominous, but leaving loose ends lying around --like this person-- rubbed him the wrong way. Finding them and at least asking why they were in Octovalley seemed like the safer option, though "asking" being an option in the first place was mostly wishful thinking.

Alright.
Wade took a deep breath, before directly addressing Jax.

"We're already here so we might as well look around. If we can find where they went, it might be better to see why they're here first. Also, it's pretty dark." Wade noted. "Even if you... know the place, it's probably worth a second look around."

Wade paused, his eyes aimed at Jax. He hoped the emphasis wasn't lost. Wade might have been exploring this place --this valley-- for the first time, but someone else clearly wasn't.

"Then after that? Informant. Definitely. We shouldn't try to use up too much time."

Search for: "Periwinkle"

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Wade ==> Search for Periwinkle

At the very least, it seemed like a good idea.
They couldn't have gotten far but at the same time, where did they even begin to look for them? Jax seems to catch the idea quickly and joins in.

Wade:
> 4 base die; +1 paranoid; +1 small area; -1 dark; -2 no trail; dice pool 3
> 2 successes

Jax:
> 6 base die; +1 paranoid; +1 small area; -1 dark; -2 no trail; dice pool 5
> 4 successes

Wade and Jax, together did a thorough comb of the area, looking for any signs of Periwinkle. With a little luck, it didn't take long, to notice that a block slightly ajar from the main island, was flickering from being invisible to being visible.

Following up the lead, Jax began to ink the invisible trail and it didn't take long to find that it was a staircase that led to directly underneath the island they were on. There, they found Periwinkle's trail.

There was an Ink rail in his distinct color heading straight down... perhaps all the way to the bottom of this chasm. Both you and Jax stare in wonder at each other--it seems he didn't know this was here either. What now?

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Peering down the length of the rail, Wade almost wanted to drop a splat bomb off the edge. See where it hit the ground and detonated, maybe?

Yeah, that'd probably be useless. Fun though. He could't even follow where the ink rail went, nevertheless pick up an explosion. The rail just went down and down... and down... Even as someone who actively sought out high places to snipe from, Wade could feel himself tense up as he approached the edge.

It was daunting but, the at least the ink rail was still there. The drop might have seemed bad, but it wouldn't be a problem to swim back up if they needed to back-track. Again, they were already here, and they found a secret staircase. Might as well check it out.

Wade began to motion to towards the other two before--

"Oh," Wade blinked. "Ash. You're not going to like this..." he cringed.

...Well, this was probably a heart attack waiting to happen. If they went down after "Periwinkle", would Ash follow them? She didn't have to, she could stay up here... in the dark, in this unknown kettle... alone.

Ngghh, bad idea, bad idea.

Wade looked back down the periwinkle ink stream. They needed to check it out. The robed figure couldn't just be ignored now that they had found a trail. This was in a well hidden path, like it was premeditated escape. ...They'd been in the valley before today! Wade's mind began to leap around to different possibilities.

What if this person was watching for them? Affiliated with Deepview? Someone who knew about Annie and the Sisters. "Periwinkle" were alone right now so... if they could catch up to Periwinkle, they had the upper hand in sheer numbers. But what about Ash? Wade didn't like the idea of leaving her. Could she stay with captain? That might compromise the time they had. They still needed to reach the informant. And where was this informant?

Wade shook his head, sure that he looked like he was spacing out into the void. He hadn't even said anything yet, just started internally jumping to conclusions.

"Jax, you said you knew this place?" Wade stuttered. "Like the general kettle area? Heights... Ash, this might be an awkward situation. Do we...?"

Do we... split up? Focus on the informant? Backtrack? Just go?

Talk to: Jax and Ash

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
(Small but I needed to write something on the phone)

She seemed surprised to hear Aelia's statement; before she could say much tho Aelia had turned into her octoling form and jumped in.... she didn't return. "A-Aelia?!" She called alarmed... but before she could say anything else Brutus had been quick to follow her. "I see... so thats how it works...Oi! Brutus!" Didn't any of them think how dangerous it could possibly be?! Weren't they a team? Also who knew wjere it would lead. "Alga! Let's go in!" Clearly the device worked and Lili really didn't want to leave the duo alone nor stand back abd hang around here. Popping into her inkling formwork a 'plop' she jumped into the kettle.

Go to: Kettle

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
Alga had never seen an Octoling's other form up close, so it was honestly interesting to watch Aelia shift her form as she did and slide on through. She chewed at her lip thoughtfully and looked at the kettle with trepidation. She had just melted on through. Did it hurt? Jeez, she was nervous...

As she made her way quietly forward, the Inkling girl felt her heart begin to pound in her chest, and she took a deep breath in order to calm herself. Where was this headed? The Octolings' home? Ohh, squid, she didn't know if she could do this-

She reached for her tentacles and paled, shifting in place as she struggled on what to do.

"U-Uh-- Is it-Is it safe?"

"Well. It's worth a shot." Lili shrugged. "Clearly it worked." She turned to Alga before patting her back. "It'll be fine."

The touch was unexpected, and automatically she jumped away, but the words were reassuring at least. She took another minute to try and calm herself, and glanced at Lili a minute before looking at the case slung over her shoulder. Was it going to go through with her? She wasn't sure. Another glance, this time at the massive tome held in her arms.

Well, one way to find out, she guessed...

Alga swallowed. Moving forward towards the kettle, she stood upon the grating and squeezed her eyes shut, and then forced herslef to shift form. A brown squid was quick to take the child's place, and without a hitch she slid on through.

Go To: Kettle

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Aykorn and @Ashlee DE Points: 2
Ash ==> Do Nothing
Wade ==> Talk

Wade shook his head, sure that he looked like he was spacing out into the void. He hadn't even said anything yet, just started internally jumping to conclusions.

"Jax, you said you knew this place?" Wade stuttered. "Like the general kettle area? Heights... Ash, this might be an awkward situation. Do we...?"

"I know it a bit," Jax admitted, "I didn't know this place existed, though I knew of the invisible blocks, so in hindsight, I should have conducted a more thorough search."

Turning to Ash, he said, "I don't know whether we should pursue this lead, the 3chan one, or if they are one and the same. Personally, I'd rather finish searching this area before we pursue--I think Periwinkle was counting on us not finding this hidden rail. With the location known, we could at least finish searching the area first before pursuing...

"Then again, something might happen that would prevent out seeking this person out. I am on the fence and would, in light of this information, like everyones' opinions."

Another void. Another, stinking, void. And an ink rail. At least there was an ink rail, right, and not just a blind drop into death? She hated this, more than words could express. She was caught between a rock and a hard place. Go with her companions - her possible new friends, and chase down their shadow, or stay behind because of fear.

Ash gulped, quietly, glancing between the void, Wade, and Jax. Jax had a point, about searching the area more, but.. "I... I think we should keep chasing our mysterious squid. We might lose them if we wait, and I just.. Call it a gut feeling, but, I really think we need to follow them.."

Wade sighed and put a fist over his mouth to think.

"I know we should go after the periwinkle person," Wade said, "but if there's an obvious place for the informant to be, then we could..."

Wade inarticulately motioned. He didn't want to say "ditch periwinkle," but they could ignore this rail until later. Still, at what cost?

"Well... whatever choice we make, we should do it fast. We could pursue both trails, but as they say, 'he who chases two eels catches none,'" Jax noted, sagely.

"Should I get out a coin and let fate decide? Or do either of you feel one lead is more important than another?" he started reaching into his pocket for his wallet. "My personal inclinations lie with going down the rail as I feel this lead won't be waiting for us when we come back... but then it might just be my senses leading us into a trap."

Ash glanced back and forth, between the two boys, and the void, before gulping and moving her Octobrush off her shoulder, holding it as if she were going to swing it, as she faced the periwinkle ink rail. "...I think we should go down. As.. As much as I hate this, I think it needs to be done. This could be a huge lead, for all we know. Heck, this could be leading to a base for some of these Deepview guys.. If we could shut it down?"

She looked to them quietly. "...It's for the good of Inkopolis, and possibly the rest of our world, right? I.. I can face my fear for that."

Wade winced for a moment, remembering he hadn't mentioned that he explained the situation to Ash. Not that this place was supposed to lead to Deepview...

Blinking a few times, he glanced between both of them, then nodded to Ash's decision.

"Alright. Just.. don't look down. Or... lets go," he suggested.

Jax made a quick and sharp glance toward Ash, then to Wade, but didn't miss a beat when he said, "yeah, let's."

Ash nodded, and swung her brush at the rail once, flicking ink at it to change the color. "...Who goes first..?" She asked, quietly, as she stepped back a little, grip tightening on her brush as she held it a little closer, trembling slightly as her brown eyes focused on the two boys now.

"Ash, you go between us," Wade said. "That way if you freak out, one of us can spot you."

Confirming with Jax, he said, "If its cool, I'll head down first again."

"I don't mind," he said, simply.

The three proceeded down the proverbial rabbit hole, Wade inking the rail, changing its color then the three sliding down at a slow, but sure pace.

The descent was excruciating. Foot after foot, meter after meter, it seemed to go on forever. The only way that the group could even have a slight idea of their progression was the occasional television that fizzled to life only to display static for a moment and die.

It was only when they passed the screens, their only waypoint, that all three of them reached the end. The node at the bottom led to a small, dark nook. Occasionally, when a lightbulb flashed overhead, they could all tell from the dead computer monitors and assorted, generic buttons that seemed to be a control room.

In from of them was the control device… whatever it was. It seemed to be a computer of some sort, but instead of a keyboard or interface it was simply a monitor and many generic buttons, discerned from each other only by their colors and bulbs to their side which, probably, lit when they were active.

Behind was a kettle. Who knew where it led. though.

What now?

@Banshee and @xCoCo Group has 2 DE Points

Alga ==> Go To: Kettle
Lili ==> Go To: Kettle

> Random roll flip a coin
> The party is now split

Lili felt odd, like she was floating on the clouds, as she melted into the kettle and felt herself break down into steamy, pink ink. The experience was unlike anything else that she had ever felt in her life, light and careless and free. It was almost a disappointment to come down from that high when she reformed and solidified.

There... wasn't much to look at where she found herself. It was dark. Very dark.

Landing on the ground created an echo which resonated throughout, so Lili could only guess that she was underground. As the sound bounced through the cave, a voice emerged from the darkness. "Who is this?" It was Aelia's voice.

What now?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alga followed Lili tentatively after she was sure it worked... and no one was watching to see her melt into a muddy brown puddle. With her eyes tightly shut, Alga clutched her book and weapon case to her chest and transformed into her squid form. With a hop, she bounded into the kettle.

As she boiled down into liquid, Alga's apprehensiveness made her feel as if she was going to puke. Boiling down didn't help that. As she evaporated, she felt even more sick--but worse, because she couldn't even vomit.

Solidifying, Alga stumbled onto a wooden floor, but just before she fell, she was caught by... someone. "Oi! Ya'll righ'?" Judging from the voice, it was Brutus who had caught her.

Muttering something about being alright, Alga righted herself, setting down her case (though not the book) and took a look around the place. It seemed to be a shack made of a spongey planks of... she struggled to say wood. It was too dark to tell.

"Hahh, smells like 'ome!" Brutus purred. "I s'pose we gots ta find Aelia, right? Can' be far! And, uh, where's Lili?"

What now, Alga?

@VeryButter and @Rustic 2 DE Points

Canchi ==>Talk
Magabelle ==> Talk

"Mag, you down there?" Canchi called.

"Yeah, I'm here!"

Instantly he flopped down to his stomach and responded with, "Mag! What happened? Why are you down there? Are you okay?!"

"I'm fine!" Magabelle called out, "Just...fell down a hole!"

"Well... In my thoughts," Canchi replied. "I don't think falling down holes is good, at all!"

The clicking grows closer as they speak.

"No kidding!" Mag replied, glancing in the direction of the clicking, "And uh...there might be something down here with me!"

"Oh carp..." Canchi muttered, before yelling down. "I'll see if I can get down there! Just hang tight!"

"I don't think that's a good idea!" Mag shouted back.

"Wha... How could it be a bad idea? What... What's down there?!" Canchi replied, puzzled.

"How am I supposed to know?!" Magabelle yelled, "All I know is that it clicks and might be made of metal!"

Made of metal and clicks? Canchi thought, even more puzzled at the situation. "I don't think leaving you down there is a good idea!" He yelled down.

"I don't think so either!" Magabelle replied, "But I don't know what the thing is, and I'd rather not let anyone else get hurt if it's dangerous!"

"Well, that's a good idea... I think...?" Canchi trailed off, standing up and turning to look at One. "Dude, I need your help here. Something's down there with Mag, and I don't think it's friendly. But if we leave, something's gonna happen. I... don't really know what to do here." Canchi said, worried.

"Mm... I-I'll stay with Mag, then," One said, resolute, "whatever happens. Sh-she's going to help me f-find my teacher."

Then, without warning, he slid down and jumped into the hole. He landed without so much as a grunt.

"I... I can protect Mag. Y-you don't need to g-get involved. I... I can do at least th-this," he looked to Mag, unsure. "W-we can find a w-way out... right?"

"...we can try," Magabelle looked at One, a little worried for him. "There's still another side to this tunnel we can go down, I think..."

Canchi looked down the hole. "For the love of..." He swore under his breath.

He quickly debated on what to do. Run back and possibly sneak out to get help, which wasn't really a good option. Joining them down there though. Strength in numbers?

"Strength in numbers..." Canchi muttered, mentally gathering himself the will to jump down. "One...two...three!" He didn't jump, instead he went into Squid form and flopped down. Landing with an "ow!" He turned back to humanoid and rubbed his arm.

He looked at the two, simply saying. "I landed on it wrong."

"Y-you didn't need to h-help us..." he said. It was hard to tell if he was critisizing Canchi or happy he was there. It was hard to tell a lot with him.

"C-could you all g-go down the t-t-tunnel? I... I can do this. B-but you're not supposed to see. Mother says so. O-okay?"

"See what? I can't see anything in here." Canchi said, looking around in the dark. "But... your mother says I can't see?" He asked, wondering what he could've meant.

"I guess... Okay?" Canchi said, still confused.

Magabelle simply nodded.

@SP3CT3R 1 DE Point

==> Eric Knight: Find a Bagel

Not feelin' it. Will write tomorrow.

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Skype. Otherwise, please mind the deadline.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: January 12rd at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: January 12th

Will be Responded to in GM Post:
Do Nothing [sit back and let the story happen; useful when it would be dangerous to do things]
Talk [use on people you want to start a conversation with]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Sleep [use this when there's nothing left you can do, logically, in the day]

Will be Responded to Immediately:
Conceal [use this action on something you intend to hide on your person]
Pick Up [use this action on something you want to hold onto]
Examine/Observe [use on things that you want more details on]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Search For [use like examine but for things that may or may not be there]
Hide [Insert Applicable Preposition] [use to conceal oneself, usually for a short amount of time]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom