• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

-Missing- IC Thread: RP Cast Filled

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
The first thing Alga did was make sure that she still had her items with her. The case was still with her, and upon lifting it she found it just as heavy as ever, which meant its contents were intact as well. The book was in perfect condition against her chest, and she sighed quietly when she found all was as it was.

The next thing? Puke.

Alga, without prompting, leaned over to the side and began to retch deep from her stomach, coughing and hacking as the effects of kettle-traveling wore her down. She hadn't eaten much that day, so there really wasn't much to actually throw up, but still. It was gross.

It took a moment for her to regain herself, and after wiping her mouth, alga shakily stood straighter and looked around. Where was she...?

Examine: Shack

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Alga ==> Examine Shack

"Oi, ya okay?" Brutus asked, worried.

"F-fine," Alga, said. She wanted to add a 'don't worry' but didn't feel like saying anymore words... not until the aftereffects of the travel passed.

> 4 dice pool; -1 dark room; base pool 3
> 0 successes rolled for perception

Still a little queasy, she took a look around the room. It was hard to see, but she could make out a few silhouettes of... what were probably shelves.

And was that a door? That... was a door? Or was it three doors?

Alga bent over and puked again.

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
It took her almost, what, five to seven minutes until she felt well enough to stand? Something like that. Point was, it took Alga some time to regain herself, and by the time she actually managed to stand without getting disoriented, there was a nasty pile of goop that she forced herself to ignore.

Coughing due to acid reflux, Alga shakily asked, "Wh-Where are we? Do you know?"

Talk: Brutus

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Inching down the rail, Wade was the first to touch the ground. As dropped down from the rail, Wade immediately spun his charger into his hands and leapt into a shooting position, sweeping the room with his targeting laser.

With the eerie flicker of the lights, Wade's eyes darted around the room, trying to make the best use of his window of visibility. Unless there was some exit-- ah, the kettle behind them counted as an exit-- "periwinkle" might still be in the room.

...Well, it was obvious that the robed figure might have left, but Wade still wanted to make sure. To be alert.

Search for: Periwinkle

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Wade ==> Search For Periwinkle

Nothing. It was too small to hide here.

Either this was a clever ruse and Periwinkle had expected them to find the invisible platform, or they had taken the kettle somewhere else.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade glanced around sharply before softening his expression once he realized no one else was in the room. He rolled forward --from squid to kid-- to cancel his weapon's charge, conveniently springing upright with his splatcharger slung around his shoulder again.

"I think they already went through the kettle," Wade observed, tapping his shoes back into place. He kept glancing around the small, dimly lit room, albeit being a bit more casual. Jeez, he'd splat someone for some actual lighting. Not this dingy "horror movie" flickering, or static-y darkness. Though for a secret room it was pretty fitting. Pretty chilling.

"...We should probably keep traveling through... the kettle..." Wade trailed off, though his actions said otherwise.

He moved over towards the darkened monitor, drawn towards the user interface out of curiosity. His fingers traced the edge of the interface... what if he could switch this on somehow? Why was all this technology hidden in this room?

Examine: Control Device

Last edited:

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
Ash hadn't had her eyes open. They were tightly shut as the three squids slid down the rail, the girl focusing on something else. She had to, or she'd flip out and let go. In her mind, she was extremely slowly sliding down the side of the Blackbelly Skatepark tower, waiting for the perfect opportunity to jump out and surprise the enemy.. And so, when they reached the bottom, and her feet hit the floor as she left the rail and her eyes popped open, she automatically dropped into a battle stance with her brush in hand, glancing about the room as best she could - doing the same thing Wade had mere seconds before, looking for "Periwinkle".

However, upon realizing nobody else was there, she relaxed and straightened herself, resting her brush on her shoulder once more. Noticing Wade approach the monitor, she quietly came up behind him, ears perked out of curiosity. Was this some kind of computer? What was it for?

Examine: Control Device

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Canchi looked around, still rubbing his sore arm. He initially didn't want to jump down, but then One had to go and do it, and letting a person run headfirst into danger alone wasn't the thing he wanted to remember. Even if they still seemed strangers to him.

First order of business... get a look around, before this 'clicking' thing comes around. He thought, slightly not happy about the situation he put himself in. Canchi begun to look around, searching for the way out, and maybe get out of there. As One had asked.

(( Action: Examine/Search for a way out ))

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Wade/Ash ==> Examine Control Device

The console was dusty. No one seemed to have been here to do anything functional for a long time. Pressing the buttons and turning a few dials didn't seem to have any effect--the power was off after all.

Still, one had to wonder what it was set up to control or what its purpose was.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Canchi ==> Search For A Way Out

The tunnel was dark.
So dark, that the hole they'd come out from--from a tunnel that seemed pitch black before--seemed to be filtering a gentle light.

It did make it clear that the fissure you fell into rend a crack through the tunnel above, allowing a little sunlight to filter through. Though that did not speak well to the structural integrity of the monorail system, it did allow for a little bit of looking around.

That didn't amount to much though. It was clear, from a quick toss of a rock, that there was a sizable distance to walk in the opposite direction from the clicking noise... if the echoes were any indication.

The clicking seemed only feet away now. At this distance, it was clear this wasn't just a clicking... it was a grinding sound like hundreds of little gears were meshing together.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
((;~;))
Magabelle started backing up, placing a hand on the wall of the tunnel.
She didn’t know what One was doing...but she trusted him.

But after a few steps, she stopped to take a listen. The clicking seemed different...somehow. Maybe because it was closer? Either way, it definitely sounded mechanical... and the rock from earlier just confirms her suspicions.

Now she was really curious as to what it was.

She shook her head. No, I need to get moving. With that, she started backing up again, turning around sharply before sprinting down the tunnel.

Go Down: Tunnel

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade frowned disappointingly at the dormant monitor. It was a bit of a no-brainer that it wouldn't work without electricity, though that didn't stop Wade from toggling switches and repeatedly pressing a few buttons.

Dang, he was really hoping for something... exciting. Top secret! A real shocking find or stuff of that nature, but it really did look like this "control area" was an abandoned room. Completely obsolete without power.

"I guess this place must have had electricity at one point? " Wade thought out loud. "Maybe like a generator or a zapfish..."

Wade tapped his mouth and reconsidered some things. This entire "rail section" must have been in the kettle-area for a while --this equipment looked pretty antiquated compared to the Tower's and it couldn't have been brought down all at once so... who ever had gone here... knew Zone 1 better than Jax? Perhaps... they spent more time exploring and getting acquainted with the Zone, Wade concluded.

He shifted his feet and frowned again. There was probably no connection to this room and their "Periwinkle friend," just that Periwinkle knew the ins and outs of this zone.

Wade turned back around. "They totally left," he lamented, "and this place is bust without power. We should probably keep after them."

"Whoever this person is... they must really know this place well to find this room," Wade noted as he approached the kettle and stepped over the grate.

Ink to: Kettle

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( :/ ))

Canchi didn't really know what to do. He thought about staying behind with One, or he could listen to him and run away.

He heard, what was probably Magabelle, turn around and run. That's probably a good idea. But... Canchi thought, looking at One. "Alright... I'm going to go, and... maybe you'll come find us, maybe?" He asked One, turning to leave. "We'll be down the tunnel."

Canchi walked away, feeling slightly guilty that he was going to leave One back there against whatever. Slowly, his walk turned into a run and he followed Magabelle.

(( Action: Follow Magabelle ))

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Unlike Alga; Lili had no fear in jumping into the kettle. The experience however was odd. As she plopped into a little pink squid and slid in... she couldn't help but wonder where it would lead her. A part of her was excited for the unknown but also nervous in a way too.... for all she knew she could end up being lost... or separated or even both.... however, she brushed it off and tried not to overthink it as she landed.

"Underground, huh?" She mumbled to herself squinting through the darkness..... "Why is it so dark?!" She squeaked... Lili had to admit it felt uncomfortable to not see anything; it was then she heard Aelia's voice! So she wasn't alone!

"AELIA! Is that you?! Where are we? Better yet where are you?! It's me Lili!" She called through the dark cave in an attempt to find the Octoling.

Talk to Aelia

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Aykorn and @Ashlee DE Points: 2
Ash ==> ...
Wade ==> Ink To: Kettle

Ash seemed to be distracted by something so, while she toyed with the dials and the buttons, Jax and Wade came nearer to the kettle. "I'd always wondered where they'd controlled these cloisters from," Jax mumbled, "now, I guess I know."

Together, the two stepped into the kettle, Wade, hesitating slightly. Jax, however, did not falter. No, he strode through the grate of the device without stopping. How could he be so sure of himself when he'd never done this before?

...had he done this before?

Reforming on the other side, Wade was somewhat surprised by what he saw. For one, he was in a somewhat well-lit area. It was clear that the place was running on backup power, or something, because not all the lights were on... some were flickering too. But he could see.

But that wasn't the most surprising part. The room was a dome, and surrounding the whole circumference were kettles. Wade let his eyes trail from left to right, counting the nearly thirty kettles. All until he looked right behind him. On the wall, right above a respective kettle, were the words "Zone 1."

Taking a mental note of that, Wade started to look toward the darker corridors branching from the dome when Jax cut off his train of thought by pulling him--rather forcefully--down a corridor to their right.

...was this all a trap? Was Wade going to die here?

"Quick!" Jax shot his voice sharp, when they were somewhat far down the corridor, "did we tell Ash about Deepview?"

@Banshee 1 DE Point

Alga ==> Talk To: Brutus

Ignoring the effects of the teleportation, Alga shakily asked, "Wh-Where are we? Do you know?" She had to know what Brutus knew. Was he familiar with the area?

"Ehh..." the Octoling began, "nawt really? Oy mean, it smells like 'ome. Dank and musty. Oy don' really know where we'd be all specific-like... but we're prolly in Octo Valley!"

Well, so much for asking about that. She figured he would know about this area. "...C-Can you see where we are? I can't..." He might be able to take a better look around than she could…

"Nah. It'll take a little while longer," the boy admitted. "Aelia says somethin' about our eyes readjusting. And something about light?"

Eager to please, however, Brutus looks around before saying, "but, but, but we're in an outpost, Oy think. These're scattered 'round Rock Bottom so that people 'ave a place ta rest on journeys between Jetties!"

Okay. Still not quite up to par, but she could give him credit for the additional information. That was good.

Alga tentatively took up her case again and looked it over before frowning. An outpost? Rock Bottom? Then, perhaps that meant they were at the bottom of Octo Valley...?

"Where is Rock Bottom?"

"I's what it sounds like?" Brutus said, as if it were the most obvious thing. Though, it was clear that Alga had her suspicions. "We're at the bottom of the valley!"

But then, why did the Sisters have a kettle to the Octo Valley?

"Jus' making sure..." So, she was right. Another glance at her case, and she sighed. She really didn't want to keep lugging this thing around.

So, tentatively, Alga asked. "Do you...Do you think I should put on a weapon?"

She honestly didn't want to come across as threatening to anybody; maybe there were other Octolings she could talk to and calm. But, carrying this thing was becoming cumbersome, and now that she was out of safe territory, it wouldn't hurt to at least ink a path in case she fell or needed to make a speedy getaway.

"Ehh, can't 'urt to be synched," Brutus said, shrugging. "Most travellers are real nice... but some jus' wanna cut yer purse and leave ya dry. So... mos' people carry around a weapon down 'ere."

At this, he frowned. "Oh yeah! Lili never gave me back my splattershot! Maan... an' that was a gift from Cato..."

Well, that certainly sold it for her.

"O-Okay. Just- Gimme a second."

It was lucky that it was dark; she probably would have been embarrassed to do this is front of someone, even if she was just putting the cord to her navel. Alga kneeled and felt for the case's opening, and clicked it open when she found the clasps. It was easy work drawing out her weapon, and it didn't take long to attach it to herself.

Situating it into her left hand, she looked over towards where she guessed Brutus was and hefted the now much lighter case back over her shoulder. "Sh-Should we get going...?"

"Mmm... tha' depends," he says, worried. "Where's Lili? Didn't she come through with ya?"

Wait...

Ah, squid.

Alga's heartrate shot up and she tentatively shook her head, momentarily forgetting Brutus wouldn't see the action. "I don't...I don't think s-so? I thought she might've g-gone ahead or something..."

"Well, she didn' come through," Brutus frowned. "Ya sure she went in ahead?"

"I-I'm sure. I saw her."

Oh man, what now? The group was split. It was just her and Brutus... It made her nervous, certainly, and she didn't like it.

Still, at least she wasn't alone.

"Sh-Should we look for them?"

"...Yea." Brutus said, finally.

He holds up a few fingers. Two... three? Now, definitely two. "Aelia taught me this trick. Can ya count the fingers? Then yer eyes are adjusted enough to react."

She looked closer, squinting her eyes just a bit, and spoke in acknowledgement when she saw that he was holding up a few of his fingers. "Y-Yeah. I see them... Two, right?" It looked like two.

"Nah, i's three." He got up closer to Alga so she could see better. What was definitely two slowly became three.

"We should wait an ickle bit longer. Then we'll be able ta go out and search."

@xCoCo 1 DE Point

Lili ==> Talk To: Aelia

Later...

@VeryButter and @Rustic 2 DE Points

Canchi ==> Go Deeper Into Tunnel
Magabelle ==> Go Deeper Into Tunnel

Canchi is skeptical at first, but when Magabelle starts taking off down the tunnel, he too starts to jog down following her into the darkness. How was One going to deal with the... whatever it is...?

The going was slow, as it was dark and easy to trip over things, so the two hadn't gotten too far when they started to hear a faint sound from where they'd come. Both Mag and Canchi couldn't help but wonder... what was it? It wasn't the clicking which had slowly gotten fainter as they'd traveled down the tunnel.

After some time, and listening, both of the Inklings realized they'd stopped moving and were listening closely. It sounded... like someone was crying. One? ...had they made a mistake leaving him there?

Just when Canchi started to say something about going back, there was a sudden boom from behind them in the cave. If they weren't going to go before, they did now, running as fast as they dare in the low visibility.

As they went, though, the tunnel turned brighter and brighter... what happened? Both Canchi and Mag kept running until they ran into something... milky white. The cave floor... walls... ceiling... they all dripped with it. Canchi recognized it immediately groaning when he remembered how much this ink hurt in comparison to others'.

Instead of proceeding, the two looked around for One. In the process, they found what had probably been following them... though it was hard to tell from the sheer layer of ink covering its visage.

The device was big... much bigger than the sound it made would have portrayed. It was actually quite quiet for a gigantic wall of machinery. What they could make out looked like drilling tools though small ones. It looked like this was designed to crumble stone to bits slowly because all the drills on it were incredibly small. However, if the size of this tunnel was anything to go by, chances are that it was more powerful a tool than it seemed.

What was perhaps more scary than the machine, however, was the gigantic hole that something had breached in destroying it. Had... One done this? The ceiling that they had dropped down from had initially been a pretty small crack. Now, the tunnel was flooded with light.

Had he busted through the ceiling of the subway as well? Rubble of all kinds were covered in ink, so it was to get close enough to tell.

Just then, One popped out of the ink. He made completely sure not to make eye contact with Canchi or Mag as he said,
"I-I did it."

((Have any questions? Did I misrepresent your character? Contact me via PM or Skype. Otherwise, please mind the deadline.))

Reminders:

Posts are Due: January 23rd at Midnight PST
Gm Post will (hopefully) be Made: January 24th

Will be Responded to in GM Post:
Do Nothing [sit back and let the story happen; useful when it would be dangerous to do things]
Talk [use on people you want to start a conversation with]
Shadow [use this to try to stealthily follow a target. I'll make rolls on whether you succeed or not]
Ink / Go To ______ [use this to travel from one place to another relatively quickly; ink if it's something specific, like a kettle, Go To if it's a general area]
Call [use on a person that you want to call (talk, but when not in the area)--or a item that has a number on it to contact someone you don't know]
Research [some topic; need to be in a library or have access to a computer--shellphones don't count]
Sleep [use this when there's nothing left you can do, logically, in the day]

Will be Responded to Immediately:
Conceal [use this action on something you intend to hide on your person]
Pick Up [use this action on something you want to hold onto]
Examine/Observe [use on things that you want more details on]
Use [use on things that you intend to use in some way--please specify how you're using it]
Attack [use on people or objects you intend to hurt or break, specify any weapons you might be using]
Search For [use like examine but for things that may or may not be there]
Hide [Insert Applicable Preposition] [use to conceal oneself, usually for a short amount of time]

Last edited:

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( ;/ ))

Canchi looked around the tunnel, it was covered in One's Ink. He walked up to the wall, tentatively reaching out to it, before remembering the fact that it hurt like shell to touch. "Yeah no..." He muttered, backing away.

Canchi instead turned his view to the Ink-covered drill-covered thing, he walked up to it. Cautiously, he approached closer, trying to get a better look at the thing. He looked back at One, who seemed to be the person who caused this. But he shrugged his buzzing questions off, he could always ask them later.

(( Action: Examine the Drill-thingy ))

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Canchi ==> Examine Drill-Thingy

The drill-thingy--aptly titled, if Canchi thought so himself (which he did)--was a gigantic wall of metal and gears collapsed on the floor.
It occasionally sparked... it seems One destroyed it by flooding the inner workings with his white ink, which oozed from the crevices of the drill-thingy.

If they waited until One's ink evaporated, they might be able to use the fallen wall, now at an angle, as a ramp back into the rail system tunnel.

The tool, were it standing upright, appeared to be the exact circumference of the now noticeable circular shape of the tunnel. This suggested that this machine and ones like it had been boring this tunnel system. But who and why? That's the real question.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Wade instinctively tried to dig his heels into the ground as Jax dragged him down the corridor.

Swallowing a yelp, --Wade felt like one of his branchial hearts had leapt out of his throat-- Wade clambered for some kind of grip on Jax, as to not be manhandled entirely, before batting the journalist away once he had sharply inquired about Ash's current knowledge on Deepview.

"Yeeees," Wade hissed. "I told her earlier! She's kind of known we're looking for an informant."

Talk: Jax Tilt

Ashlee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KikyoTheHedgehog
Ash, having been entirely too focused on toying with the powerless machine, didn't notice they had left her behind. Her ears twitched, soon realizing that the room was way too quiet. She blinked and looked around, quickly noticing that they had left. "...They left me behind without a word." Ash mumbled, her faux ears drooping sadly, before sighing. "And here I thought Wade was my friend. Guess not."

Still though, she figured they'd gone through the new kettle. So that's what she did too. She had a bone to pick with them, about leaving her without a word!

Chase after: Jax and Wade

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Magabelle stood back for a moment, glancing over the whitened walls and the giant wreckage of machinery. What was all this white goop? And where was One...?

Her mind raced. Did he explode?
If he exploded, One went everywhere, even blowing a hole through the ceiling that could conveniently be used for an exit... Jeez, nice job, explosion.
Nonono... One couldn't have exploded. Where could he be? What even happened?!

When One popped up from the ink behind the two, Magabelle immediately turned around and let out a sigh of relief. She ran towards him, full of concern. "One! One, are you okay?"

Talk to: One

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom