• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

More shooter buffs! just what we needed!!111!1!11!!1!1!1!

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
this is the most cynical way you can possibly interpret this patch lol this is 100% a good thing. all of these weapons struggle to fight well against actual good weapons and buffs to them is absolutely deserved. it's not productive to see the word "shooter" and black out with rage that they're daring to touch the main class of the game
not to mention there are several other significant buffs to weapons other than shooters in this patch that you ignored for the sake of making the patch seem biased, and the actually good shooters of vshot and squeezer both got deserved nerfs too

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I think these buffs are fine actually but I don't like that the 4 out of only 8 weapons that got changed were shooters. There's a lot of other weapons could have gotten buffs as well but hopefully this means they'll be more willing to buff the lower tier weapons that aren't shooters?

Lisku

Inkling Commander
i was more joking bc we have gotten shooter buffs a lot lately. don’t take it seriously, i don’t know much about balance and stuff

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
The H-3 mains are gonna be so happy about this. All two of them.

Seriously though these weapons needed it. I feel like Pro has been stuck in that "has potential, but just not quite there" purgatory for a while and this could be what finally makes it solid.

Though I am ..... a little mystified by the sploosh buff. I don't feel like hitting targets within range was ever a problem for it. The range is so short you practically have to be breathing down someone's neck to reach them anyway and at that point you're going to hit them regardless. But it's also been a long time since I played it and my memory's not the best, so maybe I'm wrong.

a hot mess

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
They/Them
NNID
london
Switch Friend Code
SW-0705-2349-2993
The H-3 mains are gonna be so happy about this. All two of them.

Seriously though these weapons needed it. I feel like Pro has been stuck in that "has potential, but just not quite there" purgatory for a while and this could be what finally makes it solid.

Though I am ..... a little mystified by the sploosh buff. I don't feel like hitting targets within range was ever a problem for it. The range is so short you practically have to be breathing down someone's neck to reach them anyway and at that point you're going to hit them regardless. But it's also been a long time since I played it and my memory's not the best, so maybe I'm wrong.
huh?

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I do not like shooters.
Nonetheless, I will be trying out Forge Pro and Nova to see if they change my mind regarding the long-range shooters.

I'm a little disappointed Zooka didn't get nerfed, but it's nice to see the Zooka shooters get points for special nerfs. And Pencil, finally.
I'm mostly interested in the special changes, particularly Triple Splashdown.
(Holy heck they actually buffed and nerfed something in the same patch to make it feel better in gameplay. Positive change much?)

a hot mess

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
They/Them
NNID
london
Switch Friend Code
SW-0705-2349-2993
The next update is also planned to change it so that when a player’s rank in any mode is within rank 1,000 for the previous season’s X Rankings, the rank change due to the season switch will become S+0.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
They nerfed Shot and Squeezer. Y'know, the actual problem weapons.

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
All of these are good; even think the Neo Splash one was needed (simply because TTek, a better main, exists with a similar kit at 190p). They're weak weapons, deserve to get buffs, and should happen more often. Personally, I think it's a much healthier approach to buff the weak than to nerf the strong (unless if they create an unhealthy meta, like Snipewriter and Zooka).
The only thing wrong with this patch is the Range nerf and Zooka being untouched (Sniperwriter could at least be 220 though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom