1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

MSPaintAdventures Social Thread

Discussion in 'Squid Social' started by Lyn, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Lyn

Lyn Squid Savior From the Future
    Premium

What does everyone here think of the recent updates?

2. Draayder

Draayder Inkling Cadet

I think they've been pretty dang cute and making me curious as to where Vriska's going to abscond to for a while. Is she wanting to go fight LE? Or maybe do her planet's quest because I think none of the trolls did theirs.

As a side note I love Problem Sleuth to death, I've got the Sepulchritude shirt from the store. I highly recommend it and it never gets even half as convoluted as Homestuck on top of being much shorter.

3. continuityOfficer

continuityOfficer Inkster Jr.

Many theories have been popping up on tumblr and reddit that vriska has been subtly manipulating everyone throughout the last 3 years, and thats why there are so vastly different character wise.

i really do like the idea, because aswell as explaining the recent characterization, it also puts a dark twit to what looked like good times

4. Platypudding

Platypudding Full Squid

Todays update was amazing, idk why but I really liked it. It's nice to get a more fleshed out explanation of how black romance feels or whatever. Also, maybe we could get some kind of bot for this thread that updates when there's an update? Maybe that's not allowed who knows

5. Pivi

Pivi Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    HeroPivi
    I really wish there was some kind of way of knowing there was an update, are there twitters for this kind of thing? I always miss them

Lyn likes this.
  6. continuityOfficer

following the horse calender you should be able to figure out the time based in your timezone. for example, for me its posts about 2pm.

other then that theres a 'MSPA UPDATE NOTIFIER' you can download from the chrome extension store

7. Lyn

Premium

That does sound like something Vriska would do. She was so mean to Jake in the last update.. like, why?

8. continuityOfficer

I entirely imagine she thinks she's being a good person and helping, but just doesn't get it really.

Lyn likes this.
  9. Draayder

Draayder Inkling Cadet

I've been loving these recent updates, it's nice to get some character interaction like this. Also yeah I think Vriska genuinely thinks she's doing him a favor by not letting him get his hopes up for something she truly believes he'll never be able to do.

10. continuityOfficer

"I know just enough to know that I barely know anything" is my favorite sentence. Its really relatable and a lot of why I love Rose. I have no feeling that I need to master anything, but I have enough surface knowledge to figure out on the go what i'm doing.

EDIT: Also, Rose's insistence on Arcs existing and Dave's whole spew about how she doesn't like Authority but wouldn't say it because its sounds immature too, those are also very relatable

11. Lyn

Premium

Dave x Karkat or Dave x Jane ????????

12. continuityOfficer

karkat = morial

13. Marraphy

Marraphy Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Marraph
    The socializing / strategizing updates have been pretty funny and overall interesting to read. I can't wait for Double Strider Reacharound update this coming week, and the battles that will likely be in flash format.

14. ° Moteki

° Moteki ¤MÆL°

NNID:
    Shoctopus
  15. continuityOfficer

Rule of fiction: if we see the planning, everything will go terribly... terribly wrong

Lyn and Marraphy like this.
  16. Bonzi77

Bonzi77 Huge Memer

NNID:
    Bonzi77
    Dude, I love those guys. Their Karkat is the best. He's also incredibly sexy in person and looks really good bald.

Lyn likes this.
  17. Jessiuss

Jessiuss Inkling

hayyy... whats up homestucks

18. jackabee

jackabee Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Jackabee24
    Not much fellow new squid, what's up with you? I hear there's a plush of the Mayor coming out p soon from WhatPumpkin, that's pretty rad.

19. Lyn

Premium

I guess Homestuck is finally over now, I wonder what comes next for MSPaintAdventures.

At least Hiveswap is still coming eventually, probably.