Music Discussion

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I think the music is okay, it's not my style. The game looks great, though!

nix

Inkster Jr.
It does sound a little bit like the sonic reboots though. The vocals are really fun though.

I probably only dig it so much because I'm a ska nerd ^ u ^

Reactions: Lyn

DaKid

Pro Squid
I love how music in Multiplayer and Singleplayer is monumentally different from one another, as if two different people composed the (I don't think so). Singleplayer sounds as quirky, strange, and fun as the level design and Octarians are. It's spot on and I can't imagine it sounding any other way without sounding out of place. All the different mishmashed sounds they use to make a song, it just.…. works when it shouldn't.

Then we have Multiplayer music which just sounds SO awesome. When they said they wanted to make it sound like something the Inklings would listen to in their world, they nailed it. You can here an Inkling singing the songs in their strange language and it sounds so good. Like the main theme, the song with an Inkling singing in autotune! Autotune! And also one where it's punk rock.

You got Rock, Punk Rock, Pop, Hiphop, and probably more that we haven't heard yet. Bravo to the game's composer. HUGE SUCCESS!!!

Lyn

Premium
Splatoon definitely has weird vocals. The music isn't bad, though! I'll have to play the game and see what I think about it at that point. :)

Lyn

Premium
@AEM very nice music! It's a little too.. weird for me though. I can't really explain it.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
Oh man the Splatoon music we've heard so far is REALLY catchy, I listen to it a lot. Major props to the composer(s), they made something that really compliments the aesthetic of the game.

Lyn

Premium
Oh man the Splatoon music we've heard so far is REALLY catchy, I listen to it a lot. Major props to the composer(s), they made something that really compliments the aesthetic of the game.
It does get stuck in my head often, lol. :confused:

Mithical1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mithrandir37
Honestly, the music is probably what sold me on the game, seconds after the direct trailer started. At first sight, I thought we were getting a Sunshine sequel. Then the squid transformed into the inkling and started shooting everywhere and I'm like, "Dang, not Sunshine but hmmm..." Then the music. Oh sweet, sweet music. The main theme is so distinctive and iconic and the liquid-like timbre of the lead synthesizer captures the consistency of the ink-squid aesthetic. I really hope the entire soundtrack can still deliver that quality.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
Not feeling the music sounds very bland. I wish they got the JSR composer to do the ost for the game .

Reactions: nix

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom