• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Music Discussion

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
If it surprises you, some people actually really hate the music. To each their own I suppose.
I don't understand how people can just flat out hate it. I mean, I can see people not liking it but yeah, some people really hate it. :(

The N

Inkling
NNID
meruna
I really like the soundtrack. But the soundtrack from Mario kart 8 and Tropical Freeze are just untouchable.

Reactions: nix

Lyn

Premium
I really like the soundtrack. But the soundtrack from Mario kart 8 and Tropical Freeze are just untouchable.
That is true, those are orchestral masterpieces. But, Splatoons' is still really good.

Tepig2000

Inkster Jr.
Both songs that we've gotten are amazing. Of course, coming from a Nintendo game, that was to be expected. They never fail to deliver good music. Even when the gameplay sucks, the music is still amazing. Of course Yoshi's New Island is an exception.

KawaiiChao

Full Squid
Both songs that we've gotten are amazing. Of course, coming from a Nintendo game, that was to be expected. They never fail to deliver good music. Even when the gameplay sucks, the music is still amazing. Of course Yoshi's New Island is an exception.
I don't really think any recent games developed/published by Nintendo have been objectively bad.... Well, maybe one exception, but you can't be TOO harsh on it.... I'm going to stop talking now...

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Not feeling the music sounds very bland. I wish they got the JSR composer to do the ost for the game .
I disagree with bland. But JSR music? omg so good.
random- have you heard of Hover: Revolt of Gamers? Its a spiritual incarnation of JSR basically and the composer is actually gonna make a song for them. Its all be a indie company of like 3 ppl but they already released Beta and it aint bad

KawaiiChao

Full Squid
I disagree with bland. But JSR music? omg so good.
random- have you heard of Hover: Revolt of Gamers? Its a spiritual incarnation of JSR basically and the composer is actually gonna make a song for them. Its all be a indie company of like 3 ppl but they already released Beta and it aint bad
I've heard of Hover. Problem is I'm extremely stubborn and just can't stand games that have somewhat realistic character models. Yep.

Reactions: Lyn

Tepig2000

Inkster Jr.
I don't really think any recent games developed/published by Nintendo have been objectively bad.... Well, maybe one exception, but you can't be TOO harsh on it.... I'm going to stop talking now...
I was mainly taking a jab at Paper Mario: Sticker Star. The game is bad (far from being trash but still doesn't live up to the other ones), yet the soundtrack is amazing.

KawaiiChao

Full Squid
I was mainly taking a jab at Paper Mario: Sticker Star. The game is bad (far from being trash but still doesn't live up to the other ones), yet the soundtrack is amazing.
I can agree with that. I think they went a bit overboard with the paper and cardboard thing, which seems odd considering it has Paper in the title.

Lyn

Premium
Sticker Star's music is.. meh to me. It's definitely not as good as the first two's, and it all seems kinda bland and too similar. I guess it's.. okay.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
The music fits incredibly well with the gameplay, it's ridiculous.

Even the victory theme that plays in multiplayer is awesome, as well as the theme that plays at the end of each single-player mission.

I would buy the soundtrack immediately if it was released.

Reactions: Lyn

Lyn

Premium
I would buy the soundtrack immediately if it was released.
I think it has been confirmed the soundtrack will be released, but don't quote me on that. :P

H.Kazuhira

Inkling
I personally love what I hear so far. Kinda wish Ninty got Hideki Naganuma to do some of the music, since his style would suit this game quite well!

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The soundtrack is pretty good. I love the Jet Set Radio vibe.
Only if you are referring exclusively to Wii U games, because overall the soundtrack of Donkey Kong Country 2 still is the best.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I vote Sticker Star's OST to be the best in the series.

But I have a thing for jazz.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
When it comes down to it, the main reason I want to wait to hear full versions of the songs is because some of them sound like they have a buildup to them.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I actually think it MIGHT be pretty cool! I haven't heard a lot of it (I know, I know a bit slow for being so hyped on the game :-/ ), but the little bit I've heard reminds me of my younger days (not stating my age, but I'm sure I show it ;) ).

Lyn

Premium
When it comes down to it, the main reason I want to wait to hear full versions of the songs is because some of them sound like they have a buildup to them.
I don't know about that, Nintendo songs don't usually build up unless it's a boss fight or something like that. Usually not even then. It's possible though so we'll see. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom