• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New EU Splatfest: Barbarians vs Ninjas (Results)

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I should mention that when I have to take out opponents upfront to prevent them from doing any more damage, if I do lose out and the opponent is out there standing, I will send a Booyah ("Nice" since this is a EU related topic even though I am from NA) to show the approximate location of my opponent and many times a teammate will notice where the Booyah is coming from and chase the opponent down and finish the job for me so a brute force tactic can be played even more strategically, at least for me.

I no longer use "C'mon" (To me in EU) for this purpose because I found that people will consider jumping to me safe.
I mean, you literally can't C'mon while the Splatcam is going. The button input doesn't do anything. Only Booyah.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I mean, you literally can't C'mon while the Splatcam is going. The button input doesn't do anything. Only Booyah.
Then I must have used C'mon when I was about to lose then which made me confused about when it can be used.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
When barbarians win the splatfest next week, i'm going to grill every one who picked ninja.

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
I feel like I shouldn't have picked ninja now...

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Since we are not America I think this SF will end like the SFs ended for Rock/Singing/Messy/AntiPinapple.
The "kids will choose this" doesn't work, our themes are way too general.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Since we are not America I think this SF will end like the SFs ended for Rock/Singing/Messy/AntiPinapple.
The "kids will choose this" doesn't work, our themes are way too general.
Well Singing had less popularity but more wins but you are right that for Singing vs Dancing I don't think kids would overwhelmingly choose one over the other.

For Get Fit vs Get Rich, it would be easy to use the NA strategy of what kids will choose because kids would love to have a lot of money to get many toys and such.

Better hope people are actually paying attention to what the theme is rather than thinking it is specifically about barbarians/ninjas.

Jonobabes

Inkling
NNID
super_slackster
Only lost 3 games to Ninjas en route to Barbarian Champion, and two of those teams were excellent. One, we were a man down, but we put up a great fight. Other than that, my teams haven't been terribly troubled.

FB_IMG_1454184657844.jpg

tape1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
tape11
Switch Friend Code
SW-3407-1101-4635
I feel bad for the ninja team... The final results won't be pretty.

Just like Jonobabes I had some tense matches too, was quite fun overall.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
If ninjas lose I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.
I've taken wind from one japanese splatfest to predict fitness vs money and I expect a similar result from pirates vs ninja's one.

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
Wasn't that fun at all but the bright side is I could practise more with slosher (which is pretty nice on these maps) and I will have my snails for sure. Either K.O. victory or K.O. lost.

Hell, I had way more fun in ProPinapple and also lost in the end. But hey, I played for the team which presented my opinion and this is what counts :D

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Wow that was brutal. I voted barbarian cause I read they were doing well and I'm only playing for the snails but... I felt so, so bad for team ninja. By the end of it, I changed my name to SquidParty and whenever my team was spawn camping I'd say "To me" and squidbag in the middle of the map. Sadly my team mates preferred spawncamping =( I did meet an awesome Dynamo called Lea who squid partied with me, but then I disconnected. So sad. It was so much fun squid partying.

I also used the Inkbrush Nouveau and would run across the whole of Piranha Pit, watch to see if anyone was following me, turn around and smash my brush about like a lunatic. If I had it, I'd bubble. The clever kids kept shooting me off the edge but by that time I felt so sorry for them I'd just find my demise funny.

I'd also jump into the middle of some enemy's ink and leave an inkmine, then go back to squid partying until it exploded. As soon as it did, I'd go and put it back.

I had lots of fun. I just feel so sorry for the ninjas who kept getting spawn camped. I would have been so damn salty.

tape1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
tape11
Switch Friend Code
SW-3407-1101-4635
Same here... tired to get a squid party started, but even in the most onesided 4v2 matches my team preferred to spawn camp & the enemies just launched inkstrikes at me :(

ArcticWolf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RedGazelle7
From my experience, I won't be surprised if Ninjas lost on the count of actual wins. This is coming from someone who picked Ninja.

rsnw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jamipami
Oh by the way, do you guys think that ninjas had more popularity than America's ninjas? I'd guess yes

Yeah, I saw same things as people here, got the "On Fire" vibe easily
Honestly, I think us barbarians won something about 9/10 of the matches.

tape1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
tape11
Switch Friend Code
SW-3407-1101-4635
Votes: 23% barbarian, 77% ninja
Wins: 59% barbarian, 41% ninja

377 barbarian - 323 ninja

rekt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom