• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New EU Splatfest: Barbarians vs Ninjas (Results)

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Votes: 23% barbarian, 77% ninja
Wins: 59% barbarian, 41% ninja

377 barbarian - 323 ninja

rekt
Barbarians beat our Pirate's low popularity percentage but got the same win rate as us.

Last edited:

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
Now that I think of it, the only reason my ninja teams kept winning was because I carried them...
Looks like US logic is now valid in Europe.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Man, now I can't wait to see the Japanese fandom's reaction to this. They'll be surprised at the popularity difference at the very least.

LoremIp5um

Full Squid
NNID
LoremIp5um
I just wanted to say congratulations to Team Ninja for winning the Splatfest!

What's that? They didn't win? Oh I know, I said I *wanted* to :P

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Now that I think of it, the only reason my ninja teams kept winning was because I carried them...
Looks like US logic is now valid in Europe.
I'm glad we can agree to this.
I know cats vs dogs was a different story but other than that, yeah.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
I actually relaized. We got red ink! even if its for one day. so happy :D

Vesperupus

Inkling
NNID
Vesperupus
It appears I'm the only person who didn't like the red color. It had a weird shade...was it even really red? Or was that my tv?

Anyway I am SO glad I stared at social media for two hours before picking a team. That popularity is ridiculous...and most ninja teams didn't play very ninja-like either, I feel. Saw a lot of rollers that just ran at you, hoping to reach you before you outrange them. Also had a lot of spawncamping, it was...a lot of fun actually. Does that make me a bad person?
Then there were some seriously dangerous people, we got rekt hard in some games.

It was a lot of fun overall though. And I think I learned a lot, too!
Grats to both teams! when's the next one

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I actually believe the popularity was even less for barbarians

50% of barbarians wanted to choose Ninja

But we went for barbarian as the ninja team had insane popularity so we was able to play nonstop

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Votes: 23% barbarian, 77% ninja
Wins: 59% barbarian, 41% ninja

377 barbarian - 323 ninja

rekt
O_O Wow.

Although I'm surprised the barbarians didn't do better, my run was so good that I derped around for the last two hours I played.
But before I stopped trying really hard to win I out ninjad lots of ninjas with an inkbrush, hiding on top of things and then raining down upon them as they passed. I maybe got properly ninja splatted three times in the whole night whereas I can't even count the amount of times I did it. I noticed a lot of them played like barbarians.

Also there was a dynamo roller ninja. What? xD

The spawn camping was so bad for the ninjas, I would have rage quit. I got spawn camped twice when my team had disconnects and it made me so salty.

I actually believe the popularity was even less for barbarians

50% of barbarians wanted to choose Ninja

But we went for barbarian as the ninja team had insane popularity so we was able to play nonstop
Yeah exactly, I couldn't decide because I'm a really violent roller/brush/slosher so I was on the fence cause I do a lot of ninjaing but also a lot of kamikaze missions and I love chasing people and intimidating them. I didn't pick until there was only 8 hours left of the splatfest, at which point I'd read how well the barbarians were doing and I was like PFFT I'd be an idiot to choose ninja now...

Palette

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CPalette
It was way closer than I was expecting; I played the splatfest when I came home from my mini holiday and LITERALLY lost only ONE match on the entire journey to Barbarian Queen. That loss was due to a disconnect and was only by less than 10% turf coverage.
Regardless if the strategy for the smarter players is to go for the least popular team, ninjas were always going to have crazy population. Japanese origin, japanese themed game. Weapons like the inkbrush that require the use of stealth to take out foes, and the whole hiding in your ink to recharge your supplies just screams ninja.
Although they are not as clever as the NA splatfests, I like the EU ones because they yield closer results because both sides are both equally good or bad.

stitchedwithlove

Full Squid
NNID
stitchedwithlove
I had an inkling (pun intended) that Barbarians would win. After seeing the results of the Pirates vs. Ninjas Splatfest I knew most people would pick Ninjas. I also presumed that most people who would pick Ninjas had a lower skill level (I mean no offense whatsoever when I say this).

Honestly, I was actually quite close to picking Barbarians because of this reason, but I decided against it because I shouldn't have to choose a side just to avoid having lower skilled people on my team. That's one of the issues I have with Splatfests. There's usually a clear winner because one side seems to appeal more to lower skilled people than the other.

Sorry if I seem like a salty Sally. You win some and you lose some after all, and there's always a next time. Anyway, a big congrats to Barbarians for making us Ninjas disappear for good! <3

Coleo&Idea

Inkling Cadet
I played Ninja on my account and after reaching highest rank I did Barbarian on my boyfriends account. Gosh, that barbarian play was either easy or at least challening. Felt like when I was on Team Fit. Are these still the after-effects from christmas and all the new players? Felt so. :scared:

Honestly, I was actually quite close to picking Barbarians because of this reason, but I decided against it because I shouldn't have to choose a side just to avoid having lower skilled people on my team.
Well said.
The outcome is still not a reason for me to change from my I-choose-the-team-which-is-my-opinion-and-when-I-lose-pff-happens-style.

Funfact:
During all of the 10 Splatfests I was on Aiolis (Callie) Team 5x and 5x on Limones (Marie). 6 wins, 4 losses. Woohoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom