• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Game Mode: Rainmaker

We hope squids are ready to make it RAIN!

Or at least ready to play more ranked soon, as Rainmaker will be released this upcoming Friday in another Splatoon update!

Being the third of the ranked matchmaking trio, Rainmaker asks you deliver a golden fish to the other team's base, similar to the Bomb gametype in the Halo series. Though be warned, it won't be easy. The Rainmaker has a shield to protect itself, and can only be held for 60 seconds. Teamwork and bodyguarding will be essential. Luckily, whoever is holding the Rainmaker is not defenseless, as the fish of gold can be charged up and fire huge whirlpools of ink! (Think like a shorter range inkzooka, but with much more width! AND SCARY SOUND EFFECTS!)

The fine folks at GameXplain already have a match for all your over-analyzing needs as well on their channel!

Are you hyped for Rainmaker? What's your favorite ranked game so far? Let us know down in the comments!

Wispy is a gamer currently going to college to become a copywriter. A Bulbasaur enthusiast, she is fan of all things Splatoon and Super Smash Bros. To keep up with her adventures in gaming be sure to follow her on Twitter.

Last edited:

Comments

I love this mode. Carbon roller (Almost typo'd that as 'troller') lets me sneak up behind the other team and I can wipe out 2-3 players at a time as well as ink a path for my team mates. I do think some of the stalling is annoying but I haven't ran into it much. I have caught a team mate trying to hide in the northern part of saltspray rig, but there were 9 seconds on the timer left.
I agree with you! :) Carbon Roller (and all 3 Inkbrushes) are godly in this mode! And just wait until the Carbor Roller Deco is released. It's Seaker bombs :seeker: and Seaker Bomb-rush :bombrushseeker: will destroy Rainmaker mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Excuse me? Sorry Solcalimari, I didn't realise. But calling me an idiot? After you use the wrong 'of' in your post as well? Is that really necessary?
*re-reads post, noticed spelling mistake... FACEPALM! :oops:* And I just called you an idiot because you didn't read further posts to see if the original post had already been replied to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom